The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Emiliano Sala

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

Emiliano Sala - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:30 pm

If you bought a sofa and the lorry crashed and burst into flames would you still have to pay for the sofa or would you get a replacement? Cardiff agreed to pay £15 mill for a player but the player never showed up...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm

PatDunne wrote:
If you bought a sofa and the lorry crashed and burst into flames would you still have to pay for the sofa or would you get a replacement? Cardiff agreed to pay £15 mill for a player but the player never showed up...

Hmmm, not strictly true. Sala had been to Cardiff and signed for them, he was their player.

A closer analogy would be buying a sofa, having it delivered, then deciding to put the sofa back in the lorry and the lorry crashing.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:43 pm

The question is at what moment is a player deal finalised. When he signs?

For instance, in the movie business, most contracts for above the line talent are payable in full the moment cameras first roll on principal photography. You as an actor might not personally film for several days. But if cameras roll. You are owed money. If they don't.. You re-negotiate or go to court.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 7:58 pm

I see, seems they have to pay up then, clubs are rather daft to allow contracted, expensive players to make their own flying arrangements.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Most big transfers don't pay out straight away I'm sure so I get why Cardiff are holding back paying it out. Who knows when the buying club becomes liable for a player? Worth speaking to the lawyers about it anyway. Once they know where they stand I'm sure they'll pay up the first installment.

I do think they are milking the whole thing a bit though now. The guy never even played for them. He might have turned out to be donkey but he's now a legend. Warnock looks like he hasn't slept in a month and the players are having the week off to spend with their families. I doubt if any of the players had even met him yet for God's sake.

The Lecester owner's death was something completely different and I understand why the fans and players were so affected by it but Cardiff are milking it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Would it even be classed as an act of god? Damn sure the lawyers will be milking both sides for as much as they can.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 10:37 pm

Emiliano Sala - Page 2 20190210

From Private Eye

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 12:04 am

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 12:09 pm

Lol I'm sure they would have been scrutinising the contract if he'd scored three goals in his first game. Feckin lawyer scum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emiliano Sala   Emiliano Sala - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Emiliano Sala
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: