Czarcasm
Greenlander
Rickler
sufferedsince 68
Mock Cuncher
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Greens on Screen - 20 years old  Empty
PostSubject: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Way back in January 1999, someone had an idea.

That idea was Greens on Screen - now generally recognised as the best Argyle website of them all.

It's an incredible mix of detail, imagery and fact about our beloved football club and is utterly unparalleled in quality, breadth and precision.

Steve Dean - take a bow.

We're not worthy of the effort and the time you have expended on our behalf.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 4:35 pm

2nd best after ATD John fcal.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 5:12 pm

If you want plenty of shots of Jimmy and Cornish, holding hands at various grim northern shitholes then yes its site for you. Self indulgent nonsense i would call it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
2nd best after ATD John fcal.

Just so I’m clear ........

ATD
GOS
Kitler What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:05 pm

I'm not interested in Charles Buchan annuals and playing subuteo.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:12 pm

beesrus wrote:

"Subuteo". LOL
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:20 pm

There's only so many blurry pics of GNS's and Aviva Superfans one can take. That number being zero of course, but the database is a source of wonder and the only place to go if you really have to know how many games Adam King played back in 1990, exactly how shit our all-time record is against Burton (be warned it's bad) or that attendance when we humped Chester back in 1981.

Not many clubs have an information source as comprehensive as the GOS-DB and for that I'm certainly grateful, but yeah, I can leave the rest.

Last edited by Greenlander on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's GOS not GOD - his database is something else entirely)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Steve obviously loves doing it, and there's clearly a wealth of info there should you care to look for it.

It's a labour of love, so I'm not entirely sure there should be eternal thanks bestowed.

What surprises me is that the Homepage hasn't changed in 20 years. It hurts your eyes, it's so cluttered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:43 pm

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:

"Subuteo".  LOL

Rickler wrote:
  Your nothing but a stupid hateful bigot

LOL. Easy innit this homewerk marking. lumox.     Sleep zzzzz
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:44 pm

Soon to be a cash cow?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:52 pm

beesrus wrote:
Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:

"Subuteo".  LOL

Rickler wrote:

One is a spelling/grammar mistake that everyone makes at some time or other.  The other is ignorance and a display of laziness in making sure you've got the spelling correct.

Anyway... GOS, an excellent site, we're lucky to have it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:

"Subuteo".  LOL

Rickler wrote:

One is a spelling/grammar mistake that everyone makes at some time or other.  The other is ignorance and a display of laziness in making sure you've got the spelling correct.

I can't be arsed with  spelling checks. You clearly go through it all with a toof comb. Easy ain't it. What a saddo you are, and one with not the best grammar it would seem. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 7:45 pm

A great place for all argyle related info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 9:08 pm

gos is a great site unlike the piggery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 pm

It’s a great site, just about Argyle and no shite.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 9:53 pm

I guess it's a question of whether as an Argo fan one finds GOS compulsive or obsessive, I look at it occasionally but it becomes somewhat overwhelming very quickly. Each to their own.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:19 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I guess it's a question of whether as an Argo fan one finds GOS compulsive or obsessive, I look at it occasionally but it becomes somewhat overwhelming very quickly. Each to their own.
Indeed bhey, some like it some like me dont, thats fine. sunny
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:41 pm

Same old dribbling Aviva's champing at the bit to get their ugly grinners in it every week.

Not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 pm

A fine resource.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Can't say I ever bother much with looking at the pics but the database, as others have said, is utterly magnificent and the Diary is also extremely useful for checking back on all manner of things beyond the bare stats, results, tables and so on.

Every club should have one but so far as I know we are the only one that does.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 11:31 pm

Same old bobble hatted avivas everyweek sucking up to someone ...not my cup of rosey either
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 12:19 am

Stats are alright , shame about all the other bobble-hatted, bucket rattling nonsense on there.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Amazing resource.

I had reason to look up Calvin Plummer and the general interweb couldn't tell me much. GoS, however, had a decent biography of his entire career, not just the Argyle snapshot. It was also able to tell me his ranking in terms of Argyle appearances, goals scored and even that he was the 643rd person to appear in the league for us.

It's a great site and reminds me that Pasoti used to be alright too, once upon a time.

Hats off to the Steve guy for managing it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm

He needs help from a savvy young techie. It's a nightmare to navigate around like one of those really lovely old family run stores that sell everything but only the old man knows where it all is. Great archive though.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 5:37 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Amazing resource.

I had reason to look up Calvin Plummer and the general interweb couldn't tell me much. GoS, however, had a decent biography of his entire career, not just the Argyle snapshot. It was also able to tell me his ranking in terms of Argyle appearances, goals scored and even that he was the 643rd person to appear in the league for us.

It's a great site and reminds me that Pasoti used to be alright too, once upon a time.

Hats off to the Steve guy for managing it.

Dammit,spent the last 30 years or so trying very hard to forget Calvin Plummer. Evil or Very Mad

Must agree that GOS is an excellent facility information wise and is one of the more unique items that Argyle can bring to the table as a club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greens on Screen - 20 years old    Greens on Screen - 20 years old  Empty

Back to top Go down

Greens on Screen - 20 years old
Page 1 of 1