The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Message to Simon Hallett.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5922
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Come on Jethro stop holding back, say it as it is. laugh

sorry but that bullshit was the final nail, fed up of this.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 5443
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 63
Location : Mutant Abbot

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Don't need to apologise mate, I was swearing my fecking head off this morning at 8am after hearing Silent Si's shite. Rant
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 pm

It just says to me that football is on the back burner until we manage to finish the refurb, eventually.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2016-02-18

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 1:07 am

Complete with restricted views and the peasants in the cheap seats still getting soaked.

As long as the suits get the prawn sandwich treatment nothing else matters.

feckin never ending nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 4760
Join date : 2011-05-12

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 7:51 am

Argo fans just have to hang in there. One day a better day will come when the brents and hallets will be history and a maybe a proper owner will turn Argo into the club it really should be. But sadly that is some way off yet and years of at best stagnating in L2 under the current miserable set up still to come.

HALLETT OUT
BRENTS OUT
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 817
Join date : 2012-01-24

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 2:47 pm

I see Starnes at the Turnips has been quoted as saying that Daryl Clarke has been "one of their most successful Managers"

This can only mean one thing. Expect Daryl to rock up at Home Park shortly as Hallett replaces one successful manager with another
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Posts : 1908
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 9:57 am

mandela wrote:
Hallett seems OK me.  It's right that the ground is improved- its a dump at present.  Longer term, I think Hallett will be more honest than Brent and has the club's interests at heard (unlike his predessor who comes across as a well spoken confidence trickster).

Go along with that for now. I am optimistic that Hallett will be good for the club and hopefully we can enter an era of optimism and a little success on the pitch - which is where it counts.

I think he still feels constrained by Brent's presence - the sooner he sells up the better.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 10404
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 60
Location : @ sea or @home

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 11:15 am

Hallett has been painted into a corner by the Brents, I hope he will escape once it dries and lead the club out of the legacy.

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5922
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 11:31 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
mandela wrote:
Hallett seems OK me.  It's right that the ground is improved- its a dump at present.  Longer term, I think Hallett will be more honest than Brent and has the club's interests at heard (unlike his predessor who comes across as a well spoken confidence trickster).

Go along with that for now. I am optimistic that Hallett will be good for the club and hopefully we can enter an era of optimism and a little success on the pitch - which is where it counts.

I think he still feels constrained by Brent's presence - the sooner he sells up the better.

Well hopefully he's buttering them up to get that extra 30% on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8485
Join date : 2011-10-23

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 11:53 am

seadog wrote:
Hallett has been painted into a corner by the Brents, I hope he will escape once it dries and lead the club out of the legacy.

Great analogy. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 12:09 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
mandela wrote:
Hallett seems OK me.  It's right that the ground is improved- its a dump at present.  Longer term, I think Hallett will be more honest than Brent and has the club's interests at heard (unlike his predessor who comes across as a well spoken confidence trickster).

Go along with that for now. I am optimistic that Hallett will be good for the club and hopefully we can enter an era of optimism and a little success on the pitch - which is where it counts.

I think he still feels constrained by Brent's presence - the sooner he sells up the better.

My view is some are judging Hallett out of hope than anything in the real world.
Most of this forum, including myself,  actually welcomed brent here given his deal with the council. How wrong were we then ?

The present owner isn't even a new broom, and we still don't know if the purchase back of part of HHP was brent's idea to cash in quick without doing a stroke.
Given the business background, the absentee owner thing, the continued directors' box mixing with the wrong sort, the clear amiable relationship with brent, now with his family in tow, it looks as it could actually get worse.
The only spoken context we've had from the new owner is it's all going to be more of the same. Just ecause there's a chage of face, some are welcoming the mankover after being horrified at the plans when brent announced them. All that has changed under Hallett is less will cost the club a great deal more.  
The biggest indication of what is to come, and where my heart instantly sank, was Felwick suddenly not wanting the gig. That says more than a thousand nice words. And with Dunford also there, who finds football fans an irritation ... jeez.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3553
Join date : 2015-07-08

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 12:14 pm

More of the same im afraid how can this club go forward with the shyster & daughter on the board with halletts backing speaks volumes to me about intention more of the same shit to follow watch!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 5443
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 63
Location : Mutant Abbot

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 12:58 pm

RegGreen wrote:
More of the same im afraid how can this club go forward with the shyster & daughter on the board with halletts backing speaks volumes to me about intention more of the same shit to follow watch!!
Most definitely looks that way to me Reg as well, there is nothing in what Hallett has said so far that says he will do anything differently in terms of investment strategy and building a quality team.
So it's going to be the unsackable "wonderful" D.A assembling each season a team of rejects and injury prone players with a few loanees keeping fingers crossed one or two may do the business, and each season Hallett will say Derek can always come and talk to the board.

For me the current squad is relegation quality if by chance Argo stay up it will be a replay of this year for next season.
Enjoy. deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1442
Join date : 2011-05-29

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 pm

My arse is fully perched on the fence where Hallett is concerned.

On the pitch I believe we're going through a transitional period with the increase in squad numbers and diluted quality. I think there will be hopes of selling Carey in January which will bring the wage structure back in line with the rest of the squad (as hinted by Dunford recently) and hopefully provide a little extra monies to shore us up defensively and wherever else. It's not exciting but it's where we're at. Brent set the budget for the season so Hallett is tied to it.

Moving forward I would hope additional 1st team funding can be found from wherever we've been spending lavishly. It has always bothered me we can afford to pay unknown professional services to headhunt friends of Brent to join the board. There's a reason the accounts have been abbreviated and hopefully an end will be put to any gravy train.

Off the pitch I do share others concerns. Comments like 'there's a lot about football we don't like we want to change' breeds suspicion. 'Results aren't everything'... The OTT focus on community and not the main product. The whole structure of the top table is too conveniently designed to hide behind each other. Mr 70% can't be expected to invest while Mr 30% puts in nothing. Mr 30% is now the experienced head in the boardroom. Mr 30% clearly has the voting power in a head count.

Ultimately there's no other option but to wait another 12 months or so to see which direction the club will go, ffs.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8485
Join date : 2011-10-23

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 3:15 pm

beesrus wrote:


My view is some are judging Hallett out of hope than anything in the real world.

This is shorely a candidate for Most Ironic Quote of the Year!?  cheers

In the real world he'd had the top job for virtually five minutes before you'd labelled him as the Devil Incarnate and Brent Mk2!  lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 5443
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 63
Location : Mutant Abbot

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
My arse is fully perched on the fence where Hallett is concerned.

On the pitch I believe we're going through a transitional period with the increase in squad numbers and diluted quality.  I think there will be hopes of selling Carey in January which will bring the wage structure back in line with the rest of the squad (as hinted by Dunford recently) and hopefully provide a little extra monies to shore us up defensively and wherever else.  It's not exciting but it's where we're at.  Brent set the budget for the season so Hallett is tied to it.

Moving forward I would hope additional 1st team funding can be found from wherever we've been spending lavishly.  It has always bothered me we can afford to pay unknown professional services to headhunt friends of Brent to join the board.  There's a reason the accounts have been abbreviated and hopefully an end will be put to any gravy train.

Off the pitch I do share others concerns.  Comments like 'there's a lot about football we don't like we want to change' breeds suspicion.  'Results aren't everything'...  The OTT focus on community and not the main product.  The whole structure of the top table is too conveniently designed to hide behind each other.  Mr 70% can't be expected to invest while Mr 30% puts in nothing.  Mr 30% is now the experienced head in the boardroom.  Mr 30% clearly has the voting power in a head count.

Ultimately there's no other option but to wait another 12 months or so to see which direction the club will go, ffs.

Looks like the keeping over, keep it cheap culture will prevail Coxside, unless there is a sea change of expectation and investment to match.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
beesrus wrote:


My view is some are judging Hallett out of hope than anything in the real world.

This is shorely a candidate for Most Ironic Quote of the Year!?  cheers

In the real world he'd had the top job for virtually five minutes before you'd labelled him as the Devil Incarnate and Brent Mk2!  lol!

Let's get this straight. I was immediately happy that part of HHP would "conditionally" be coming back under the club umbrella. Apart from that, he had been there for 2 years, had happily gone along with brent's hopeless plans without a peep, as long as he had a nice safe haven for a bit of mortgage business.  There's been nothing but a long line of shysters queueing up ever since the stadium freehold was purchased by Stapleton. Why do you think the chair of Manchester Utd rocked up FFS ? What makes you think investment banker Hallett isn't the latest in your head ?  That's the REAL world Czarky. What REAL world do you envisage ? Avivaland in your new bobble attire ?
lol!
And quote me the "devil incarnate" bit while you're at it. You're making it up. It's eminently healthy scepticism as practiced by thousands of  Argyle fans in my lifetime, no more no less.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1442
Join date : 2011-05-29

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 4:38 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
...

Looks like the keeping over, keep it cheap culture will prevail Coxside, unless there is a sea change of expectation and investment to match.

You may well be right but if we're to believe Brent deliberately diverted funds away from the 1st team then there may well be enough in the pot to increase the playing budget next season. For that I'm prepared to wait until next summer... if we're signing the same standard from A&E then I'm off the fence.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 5443
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 63
Location : Mutant Abbot

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
...

Looks like the keeping over, keep it cheap culture will prevail Coxside, unless there is a sea change of expectation and investment to match.

You may well be right but if we're to believe Brent deliberately diverted funds away from the 1st team then there may well be enough in the pot to increase the playing budget next season.  For that I'm prepared to wait until next summer... if we're signing the same standard from A&E then I'm off the fence.

Summer signings will be a fair test of the commitment of Hallett and the board and DA (given he will still be manager/director of football with his five year contract) to avoid another prolonged shit start to the season. Obviously the Jan window will be DA shipping out his dross to shore up a shite defence with hopefully half decent signings to stay in the league. cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Posts : 5029
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 59
Location : Tavistock area

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
My arse is fully perched on the fence where Hallett is concerned.

On the pitch I believe we're going through a transitional period with the increase in squad numbers and diluted quality.  I think there will be hopes of selling Carey in January which will bring the wage structure back in line with the rest of the squad (as hinted by Dunford recently) and hopefully provide a little extra monies to shore us up defensively and wherever else.  It's not exciting but it's where we're at.  Brent set the budget for the season so Hallett is tied to it.

Moving forward I would hope additional 1st team funding can be found from wherever we've been spending lavishly.  It has always bothered me we can afford to pay unknown professional services to headhunt friends of Brent to join the board.  There's a reason the accounts have been abbreviated and hopefully an end will be put to any gravy train.

Off the pitch I do share others concerns.  Comments like 'there's a lot about football we don't like we want to change' breeds suspicion.  'Results aren't everything'...  The OTT focus on community and not the main product.  The whole structure of the top table is too conveniently designed to hide behind each other.  Mr 70% can't be expected to invest while Mr 30% puts in nothing.  Mr 30% is now the experienced head in the boardroom.  Mr 30% clearly has the voting power in a head count.

Ultimately there's no other option but to wait another 12 months or so to see which direction the club will go, ffs.

Coxside,twinned with Greenskin.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1442
Join date : 2011-05-29

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 5:29 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
...

Looks like the keeping over, keep it cheap culture will prevail Coxside, unless there is a sea change of expectation and investment to match.

You may well be right but if we're to believe Brent deliberately diverted funds away from the 1st team then there may well be enough in the pot to increase the playing budget next season.  For that I'm prepared to wait until next summer... if we're signing the same standard from A&E then I'm off the fence.

Summer signings will be a fair test of the commitment of Hallett and the board and DA (given he will still be manager/director of football with his five year contract)  to avoid another prolonged shit start to the season. Obviously the Jan window will be DA shipping out his dross to shore up a shite defence with hopefully half decent signings to stay in the league. cheers

I think DA's director of football and all things associated has already been disproved or reined in by Dunford. The highest earning player will be out before next summer, against the manager's wishes obviously. Not quite the rule of reign we were told he had.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8485
Join date : 2011-10-23

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 5:31 pm

beesrus wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
beesrus wrote:


My view is some are judging Hallett out of hope than anything in the real world.

This is shorely a candidate for Most Ironic Quote of the Year!?  cheers

In the real world he'd had the top job for virtually five minutes before you'd labelled him as the Devil Incarnate and Brent Mk2!  lol!

Let's get this straight. I was immediately happy that part of HHP would "conditionally" be coming back under the club umbrella. Apart from that, he had been there for 2 years, had happily gone along with brent's hopeless plans without a peep, as long as he had a nice safe haven for a bit of mortgage business.  There's been nothing but a long line of shysters queueing up ever since the stadium freehold was purchased by Stapleton. Why do you think the chair of Manchester Utd rocked up FFS ? What makes you think investment banker Hallett isn't the latest in your head ?  That's the REAL world Czarky. What REAL world do you envisage ? Avivaland in your new bobble attire ?
lol!
And quote me the "devil incarnate" bit while you're at it. You're making it up. It's eminently healthy scepticism as practiced by thousands of  Argyle fans in my lifetime, no  more no less.

You clearly don't get the hypocrisy of your statement, Beez. Laughing

Even 95% of ATDers are prepared to judge him from here on in when he's in a position to actually call the shots, not as the junior partner.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5922
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
...

Looks like the keeping over, keep it cheap culture will prevail Coxside, unless there is a sea change of expectation and investment to match.

You may well be right but if we're to believe Brent deliberately diverted funds away from the 1st team then there may well be enough in the pot to increase the playing budget next season.  For that I'm prepared to wait until next summer... if we're signing the same standard from A&E then I'm off the fence.

Summer signings will be a fair test of the commitment of Hallett and the board and DA (given he will still be manager/director of football with his five year contract)  to avoid another prolonged shit start to the season. Obviously the Jan window will be DA shipping out his dross to shore up a shite defence with hopefully half decent signings to stay in the league. cheers

I think DA's director of football and all things associated has already been disproved or reined in by Dunford.  The highest earning player will be out before next summer, against the manager's wishes obviously.  Not quite the rule of reign we were told he had.

But since his personal problems, hasn't been the same on the pitch,
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 9k=
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4966
Join date : 2017-09-09

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:29 pm

No different from your 'Obby OSS' getup Bees, I saw you in your white sailors trousers, white shirt and natty red neck scarf. It's all conformity. spot the irony now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Message to Simon Hallett.
Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: