HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For the attention of AFT Members

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Does anyone from the Trust know how many members there are nowadays compared to pre Bob Foale being Captain of the ship?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Think there are around 450 paid up members these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Vote with your feet, not some revisionist nonsense, campaigning for 50 pence off a pasty, or an ACV that is more or less pointless in the grand scheme of our lives. Openly and proudly look to own or control the club, nothing less. And now individuals play with the procedure, and the trust doffs it's cap once again, hamstrung by it's own hubris.

Be what you might be, or don't ever be anything at all. The choice is yours.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 6:46 pm

beesrus wrote:

Openly and proudly look to own or control the club, nothing less.

LOl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Sorry, I forgot the last bit that some clearly find hard to follow................ or go do something else more rewarding.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 5:22 pm

beesrus wrote:
Vote with your feet, not some revisionist nonsense, campaigning for 50 pence off a pasty, or an ACV that is more or less pointless in the grand scheme of our lives. Openly and proudly look to own or control the club, nothing less.  And now individuals play with the procedure, and the trust doffs it's cap once again, hamstrung by it's own hubris.

Be what you might be, or don't ever be anything at all. The choice is yours.

Well start the ball rolling then and we’ll follow your leadership
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 5:41 pm

I still contribute to community groups, as I have all my life. There is no point joining a group if you don't believe in their aims. It's quite simple.
The AFT might as well be ANOther supporters association given their aims, and I've never been the bobble hat sort.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 6:00 pm

Some decent leadership would help, Maybe the Trust could explain what it actually wants to do.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 7:06 pm

The last meeting was scheduled to last for half an hour. 1 hour and 20 minutes later we were still sat going through the minutes talking about niff naff and trivia.

The formalities could be wrapped up within 10 minutes. It just needs someone chairing the meetings to grip it, cut out the crap and get talking about the stuff that really matters.

It's not a moan or a flounce, I'm still an AFT member and I will be at the next renewal as well. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Common problem Punchy.
With two groups I'm on presently, we have for a long time emailed the last meeting minutes prior to a meeting, so no need for the bore fest of revisiting and fidgeting for a half hour, just a quick yes .... the emailed minutes are sound.
And yes, without a good experienced chair that keeps the focus, you might as well not bother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the attention of AFT Members   For the attention of AFT Members - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

For the attention of AFT Members
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: