Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The future's bright...............yeh, right!

Go down 
+7
#SHITARTIST
Earwegoagain
zyph
akagreengull
Freathy
argyl3
Jethro
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The future's bright...............yeh, right! Empty
PostSubject: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 am

Lifted from the Evnin Arolds, Errington interview.

DA: “I think that for the foreseeable future we will probably work on how we have been working for the last seven years out of administration.”

This from DA fills me with dread, emptiness, sadness and visions of years of more austerity and bumbling along in the lower echelons of the football league, picking up other teams cast-offs, hoping DA pulls off a miracle each season with a team made up of donkeys, ditherers and dough-bags.

Time to knock it on the head me thinks, at least until someone comes in with some spunk, vision and ambition. This club needs a fecking baseball bat around the head to wake it up, FFS.

How thousands of fans blissfully, blindly accept this bumbling amateur shite is beyond me.

I'm going for a walk. Pfft. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 11:05 am

Do you ever get the feeling that when you know you cant make something work no matter how hard you try and the longer you refuse to admit the truth that it cant and wont work the more damage you do by lying to yourself by staying.Till eventually usually when its too late, that someone or something has stand up and shock the system and say the 4 words that need to be said...

SELL THE feckin CLUB

if the board cant or wont invest in the club beyond that sack of shit they are building on the cheap and if they arent going to grow the club beyond its current level then please learn form stapleton and co and put the club up for sale now and be mre attractive to wannabe buyers to which they will be some rather than let administration take over or indeed relegations and we are left with a reluctant property developer.

im off for a walk too
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 2:24 pm

bollocks to it....
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 pm

After the stand is "developed" who knows.. Mr Property may decide to sell off Mrs Football and retain the rent and income from the ground and we will all have a Kassam type landlord holding us back forever.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:29 pm

So the Hallett era is going to deliver yet more 4th division crap for the foreseeable future. I'm out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Angry wrote:
Do you ever get the feeling that when you know you cant make something work no matter how hard you try and the longer you refuse to admit the truth that it cant and wont work the more damage you do by lying to yourself by staying.Till eventually usually when its too late, that someone or something has stand up and shock the system and say the 4 words that need to be said...

SELL THE feckin CLUB

if the board cant or wont invest in the club beyond that sack of shit they are building on the cheap and if they arent going to grow the club beyond its current level then please learn form stapleton and co and put the club up for sale now and be mre attractive to wannabe buyers to which they will be some  rather than let administration take over or indeed relegations and we are left with a reluctant property developer.

im off for a walk too

Yeah, good post that man - just wondering what any prospective owner will think of the shite being erected on the Mayflower? Any real money man is going to retire to a lonely corner and piss himself!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Angry wrote:

SELL THE feckin CLUB

if the board cant or wont invest in the club beyond that sack of shit they are building on the cheap and if they arent going to grow the club beyond its current level then please learn form stapleton and co and put the club up for sale now and be mre attractive to wannabe buyers to which they will be some  rather than let administration take over or indeed relegations and we are left with a reluctant property developer.

im off for a walk too

Yeah, good post that man - just wondering what any prospective owner will think of the shite being erected on the Mayflower? Any real money man is going to retire to a lonely corner and piss himself!!

Any big money people who would look at Argyle will have to think about that shit thats attached to a crapshack and probably come to the conclusion that moving to a new ground would be cheaper or simply look for another club. I think the latter is the more likely.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 9:07 pm

As bees said DA is part of the malaise, negative thinking from top to bottom, so the 'ticking over culture' is alive and kicking.

Conversely just spent a couple of hours drinking with some Gulls supporting friends/associates, they are all so positive! Which is great am looking forward to getting up there, comparatively I was planning to get to a couple of games at Portakabin Park but on reflection - nah!

feck it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Freathy wrote:
So the Hallett era is going to deliver yet more 4th division crap for the foreseeable future.  I'm out.

Thought you always were out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 9:26 pm

I wonder what attracted the Russian geezer to buy into Bournemouth having just a ground capacity of 11,000 ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
I wonder what attracted the Russian geezer to buy into Bournemouth having just a ground capacity of 11,000 ?

premiership football?
sandbanks?
new stadium?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Graiser wrote:

Probably owned a property down at Sandbank's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 9:54 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

premiership football?
sandbanks?
new stadium?

Maybe sandbanks, but they weren’t in the premiership when he pitched up and they still haven’t had their new stadium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

premiership football?
sandbanks?
new stadium?

Maybe sandbanks, but they weren’t in the premiership when he pitched up and they still haven’t had their new stadium.

Bournemouth does more to appeal to the outside word than plymouth does and given most pro clubs are bought up in cosmo areas bournemouth would be an attractive project for a playboy to take on.

Salisbury city is being looked at aswell by the russians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 11:02 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

premiership football?
sandbanks?
new stadium?

Bournemouth does more to appeal to the outside word than plymouth does and given most pro clubs are bought up in cosmo areas bournemouth would be an attractive project for a playboy to take on.

Can’t imagine Bournemouth being more cosmopolitan than Plymouth

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Bournemouth and the Chiefs both prove that anyone can get to the top with the right ambition and focus. We are showing no ambition with infrastructure or football product.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 am

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

premiership football?
sandbanks?
new stadium?

Can’t imagine Bournemouth being more cosmopolitan than Plymouth

Having ventured up that way a couple weeks back, I can assure you on first glance it comes across pretty good to me.
Certainly the train service was great, (yes,i know South West Trains are always on strike ),
and a darn site nearer to London for any business person to do their thing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 8:35 am

I was walking around the centre of Bournemouth yesterday having 5 hours to kill while alloys being refurbed in Ferndown - the centre is really nothing to talk about with many shops closing probably the same all over but incredible amount of rough sleepers around. The 6 mile bus journey into the centre says it all really, an inordinate amount of large houses on big plots and that is what attracts the moneyed types there generally - Poole centre is shithole in my opinion and can't for the life of me see why Sandbanks created the kudos of some of the most expensive land in the world.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 8:56 am

Freathy wrote:
So the Hallett era is going to deliver yet more 4th division crap for the foreseeable future.  I'm out.

Meet the new Brent, just like the old Brent! Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sticking with the unsackable Scot is the only way forward apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 am

akagreengull wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sticking with the unsackable Scot is the only way forward apparently.

More tedious dribble, making a virtue out of a refusal to sack a past hsi sell by date manager"

"Who else is there? [mentions name] Ee wont come ere!!"
"Get behind the lads"
"ee neeeeedz time to turn it round"
"Lads need time to gel"

Until something changes and they stop treating punters like mugs they can whistle for my hard earned
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 9:30 am

Bandwagon wrote:
I was walking around the centre of Bournemouth yesterday having 5 hours to kill while alloys being refurbed in Ferndown - the centre is really nothing to talk about with many shops closing probably the same all over but incredible amount of rough sleepers around. The 6 mile bus journey into the centre says it all really, an inordinate amount of large houses on big plots and that is what attracts the moneyed types there generally - Poole centre is shithole in my opinion and can't for the life of me see why Sandbanks created the kudos of some of the most expensive land in the world.

7 miles of great beaches all the way to Sandbanks to walk along.....not too bad along the Quay front in Poole for eating & a drink....and a day on Brownsea Island takes you back to an unspoilt past era.

Plus a great 3 mile walk from Bournemouth Pier up through the Park walk, following the river Bourne up to Coy Pond....very stress releasing time.....we go every year for nearly a week before the schools break up and the prices soar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 10:30 am

zyph wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

7 miles of great beaches all the way to Sandbanks to walk along.....not too bad along the Quay front in Poole for eating & a drink....and a day on Brownsea Island takes you back to an unspoilt past era.

Plus a great 3 mile walk from Bournemouth Pier up through the Park walk, following the river Bourne up to Coy Pond....very stress releasing time.....we go every year for nearly a week before the schools break up and the prices soar.

There are a couple of nice pubs on Poole Quay I grant you. The centre though is the sort of standard shit post war town planning, we know and love so much in Plymouth.

Bournemouth town centre is slighty nicer with elements of Victoriana but is spolit by monstrous buildings and endless non descript chain outlets. Its seafront is miles of sandy beach punctuated by seen better days hotels and high rise old peoples flats. The rest of the Poole/Bournemouth conurabation is a dreary mix of dull Semi detached houses, old peoples homes everywhere, ugly low rise office blocks and non descript retain parks .

The only reason Matey has pitched up there is so he can stash his money in sandbanks property.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 8:45 am

I guess bring on 2019 Albion 3rd from bottom in National League Division One and Argo 3rd from bottom in League 1 and in danger of being cast adrift by xmas.
Raiders mid table.

Can only get better.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 8:55 am

I like Poole, in fact i am parked in it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future's bright...............yeh, right!   The future's bright...............yeh, right! Empty

Back to top Go down

The future's bright...............yeh, right!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next