Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Luton v Argyle

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3775
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sat Nov 17 2018, 21:33

Still shirking the blame still feck off.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sat Nov 17 2018, 21:53

So unsackable yes man will be asking a reluctant board with a States based owner to
Improve the squad in January.

GOING DOWN!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1916
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 00:11

we will finish mid table , in DA we trust
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin


Posts : 895
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 00:20

There was a game today?

_______________________________________
East bound and down, loaded up and trukin, we're going to do what they said can't be done. We gotta a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm east bound just watch old bandit run! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 848
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 07:36

Left at 2-0, the legacy lives on
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4987
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 08:17

Grovehill wrote:
The bottom three in the Division are starting to get cast adrift.

The questions that has to be asked are "Is Adams the best available manager to get the most out of the available players & budget?" and "Will the budget be increased"

My view is that DA has come to the end of his time at PAFC

I think is says something about how he is viewed within football that he hasn't been tempted/offered a job elsewhere, since achieving promotion. I can't believe that he would have turned down offers, knowing that Brent was never going to give him a decent budget.

Previous good managers like Saxton, Waiters, Holloway, Warnock, Luggy, were respected within the game and were offered or took better jobs.

Those managers operated in entirely different times-looking at the top two divisions,the career path for young managers in the lower divisions has been pretty much blocked off by the tendency to appoint off the shelf overseas managers.There are exceptions such as Wilder,Cook and Smith but that's all they are-if Adams had steered a team to a promotion and a seventh place position in the next league up in the 1990's then the scenario may well have been similar to when Sturrock swanned off to Southampton.

Anyway Warnock [with Argyle in trouble in this division and on the back of a drubbing at Gillingham] and Waiters were both sacked,the latter with four games to go from which Argyle took precisely one point and were subsequently relegated, which reasonably could be put forward as a counter argument to sacking a previously successful manager.Maybe significantly for those advocating louder managerial protestations,both were engaged in very public arguments with the directorships,which would indicate that there is generally only one winner in these situations. Bought a book on the Waiters years this week-pricey and a weighty tome but a fantastic read nonetheless,very good xmas present for anyone who lived through those days and a still relevant snapshot for those who didn't. Such a visionary and analytical manager,unsurpassed in my years and dealing with the same problems as exist now-non competitive divisional budgets,a dozy local press unable to pinpoint the real reason why Argyle struggled etc.Sad waste of a potential top level talent,turned sour at the end but some truly brilliant times previously.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

avatar

Posts : 369
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 08:45

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
The bottom three in the Division are starting to get cast adrift.

The questions that has to be asked are "Is Adams the best available manager to get the most out of the available players & budget?" and "Will the budget be increased"

My view is that DA has come to the end of his time at PAFC

I think is says something about how he is viewed within football that he hasn't been tempted/offered a job elsewhere, since achieving promotion. I can't believe that he would have turned down offers, knowing that Brent was never going to give him a decent budget.

Previous good managers like Saxton, Waiters, Holloway, Warnock, Luggy, were respected within the game and were offered or took better jobs.

Those managers operated in entirely different times-looking at the top two divisions,the career path for young managers in the lower divisions has been pretty much blocked off by the tendency to appoint off the shelf overseas managers.There are exceptions such as Wilder,Cook and Smith but that's all they are-if Adams had steered a team to a promotion and a seventh place position in the next league up in the 1990's then the scenario may well  have been similar to when Sturrock swanned off to Southampton.

Anyway Warnock [with Argyle in trouble in this division and on the back of a drubbing at Gillingham] and Waiters were both sacked,the latter with four games to go from which Argyle took precisely one point and were subsequently relegated, which reasonably could be put forward as a counter argument to sacking a previously successful manager.Maybe significantly for those advocating louder managerial protestations,both were engaged in very public arguments with the directorships,which would indicate that there is generally only one winner in these situations. Bought a book on the Waiters years this week-pricey and a weighty tome but a fantastic read nonetheless,very good xmas present for anyone who lived through those days and a still relevant snapshot for those who didn't. Such a visionary and analytical manager,unsurpassed in my years and dealing with the same problems as exist now-non competitive divisional budgets,a dozy local press unable to pinpoint the real reason why Argyle struggled etc.Sad waste of a potential top level talent,turned sour at the end but some truly brilliant times previously.

What’s the book called, Greenskin? Before my time but like a bit of club history.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 10:06

Tgwu wrote:
Highlights santa


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for posting the horror show TGWU, great strike from Joel, apart from that all I can say is - there is no defence for no defence.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4667
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 11:36

akagreengull wrote:
So unsackable yes man will be asking a reluctant board with a States based owner to
Improve the squad in January.

GOING DOWN!
Seven years of zero ambition wont be changing anytime soon, Community Si, is to busy to get involved with sacking managers and signing players, Del will be safe while EFL league status is not threatened.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4667
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 11:46

Punchdrunk wrote:
Left at 2-0, the legacy lives on
The Legacy was sealed when Adams excepted a pay rise and a long contract in exchange for a relegation budget.
Argo are still averaging over nine thousand fans paying top whack to watch players who in the main will never get another league club !! why is there no money at HP?
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11288
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 12:04

if only we had a trust leader who had a spine that puts those questions towards the owner instead of clapping the players off the pitch after they insulted the fans like some kind of weirdo.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 12:39

I was thinking more of DA not being offered a return to Scotland or an ambitious League 2 club like Notts County
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 13:02

The Legacy was sealed when Adams excepted a pay rise and a long contract in exchange for a relegation budget.


On the nail Suffers. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Dingle



Posts : 687
Join date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 13:18

So he can take the flack if/when the football sideshow goes tits up so the board can concentrate on important issues like holding land and pension pots.
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 5135
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 14:01

Notts country are a complete shambles
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 10672
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 14:27

Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3083
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 15:35

Wonderful defending just before the penalty award. LOL

Adams out, and take your ugly football and your big pay off with you.
As to bringing the likes of Waiters and Warnock into the Adams managerial debate, gettalife, there's no comparison. Waiters encouraged delightful football with 2 wingers, while striking lucky with Mariner. And  ask yourself why the hugely in-demand Mariner stayed for 3 years. Outside of the log term personal Carey relationship, nobody in demand stays for long with Del boy in charge. Wonder why ? As for Warnock, he's on a different planet compared with Adams. He's just just about the most successful lower league manager in english football history, who only struggles at the top.
It's not just your football Adams, it's the bottom of the league position, and it's your creepy support of the wannabe property developer while feathering your own nest. You are a big part of the brent legacy who clearly supports his objectives.  
As for foreign managers, they  have nothing to do with the marketability of Adams elsewhere. And if football clubs must have these foreign managers, then lets have one here then. Have we ever had one ? We're just sooooo off the pace.
Funnily enough, I like the attitude of foreign managers, compared to the old school boot room army-style attitude of English football coaches. No wonder football clubs look out for them, compared to the my way or the highway routine. What self-respecting in demand young buck wants to work under those conditions these days if they can get a gig elsewhere ?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4987
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 16:48

beesrus wrote:
Wonderful defending just before the penalty award. LOL

Adams out, and take your ugly football and your big pay off with you.
As to bringing the likes of Waiters and Warnock into the Adams managerial debate, gettalife, there's no comparison. Waiters encouraged delightful football with 2 wingers, while striking lucky with Mariner. And  ask yourself why the hugely in-demand Mariner stayed for 3 years. Outside of the log term personal Carey relationship, nobody in demand stays for long with Del boy in charge. Wonder why ? As for Warnock, he's on a different planet compared with Adams. He's just just about the most successful lower league manager in english football history, who only struggles at the top.
It's not just your football Adams, it's the bottom of the league position, and it's your creepy support of the wannabe property developer while feathering your own nest. You are a big part of the brent legacy who clearly supports his objectives.  
As for foreign managers, they  have nothing to do with the marketability of Adams elsewhere. And if football clubs must have these foreign managers, then lets have one here then. Have we ever had one ? We're just sooooo off the pace.
Funnily enough, I like the attitude of foreign managers, compared to the old school boot room army-style attitude of English football coaches. No wonder football clubs look out for them, compared to the my way or the highway routine. What self-respecting in demand young buck wants to work under those conditions these days if they can get a gig elsewhere ?

Well well,there's a surprise-gurrole mr semi boycott himself pipes up with his usual ill informed bullshit about all matters Argyle.

Get a life yourself-if anyone knows about being creepy,it's you. Hows the Bolivian face mask these days,getting a dust down ready for the annual outing?

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4987
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 16:56

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
The bottom three in the Division are starting to get cast adrift.

The questions that has to be asked are "Is Adams the best available manager to get the most out of the available players & budget?" and "Will the budget be increased"

My view is that DA has come to the end of his time at PAFC

I think is says something about how he is viewed within football that he hasn't been tempted/offered a job elsewhere, since achieving promotion. I can't believe that he would have turned down offers, knowing that Brent was never going to give him a decent budget.

Previous good managers like Saxton, Waiters, Holloway, Warnock, Luggy, were respected within the game and were offered or took better jobs.

Those managers operated in entirely different times-looking at the top two divisions,the career path for young managers in the lower divisions has been pretty much blocked off by the tendency to appoint off the shelf overseas managers.There are exceptions such as Wilder,Cook and Smith but that's all they are-if Adams had steered a team to a promotion and a seventh place position in the next league up in the 1990's then the scenario may well  have been similar to when Sturrock swanned off to Southampton.

Anyway Warnock [with Argyle in trouble in this division and on the back of a drubbing at Gillingham] and Waiters were both sacked,the latter with four games to go from which Argyle took precisely one point and were subsequently relegated, which reasonably could be put forward as a counter argument to sacking a previously successful manager.Maybe significantly for those advocating louder managerial protestations,both were engaged in very public arguments with the directorships,which would indicate that there is generally only one winner in these situations. Bought a book on the Waiters years this week-pricey and a weighty tome but a fantastic read nonetheless,very good xmas present for anyone who lived through those days and a still relevant snapshot for those who didn't. Such a visionary and analytical manager,unsurpassed in my years and dealing with the same problems as exist now-non competitive divisional budgets,a dozy local press unable to pinpoint the real reason why Argyle struggled etc.Sad waste of a potential top level talent,turned sour at the end but some truly brilliant times previously.

What’s the book called, Greenskin? Before my time but like a bit of club history.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you don't want to pay the postage,it's on sale in the club shop,not sure how often you pop into HP.

Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3083
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 17:30

Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Wonderful defending just before the penalty award. LOL

Adams out, and take your ugly football and your big pay off with you.
As to bringing the likes of Waiters and Warnock into the Adams managerial debate, gettalife, there's no comparison. Waiters encouraged delightful football with 2 wingers, while striking lucky with Mariner. And  ask yourself why the hugely in-demand Mariner stayed for 3 years. Outside of the log term personal Carey relationship, nobody in demand stays for long with Del boy in charge. Wonder why ? As for Warnock, he's on a different planet compared with Adams. He's just just about the most successful lower league manager in english football history, who only struggles at the top.
It's not just your football Adams, it's the bottom of the league position, and it's your creepy support of the wannabe property developer while feathering your own nest. You are a big part of the brent legacy who clearly supports his objectives.  
As for foreign managers, they  have nothing to do with the marketability of Adams elsewhere. And if football clubs must have these foreign managers, then lets have one here then. Have we ever had one ? We're just sooooo off the pace.
Funnily enough, I like the attitude of foreign managers, compared to the old school boot room army-style attitude of English football coaches. No wonder football clubs look out for them, compared to the my way or the highway routine. What self-respecting in demand young buck wants to work under those conditions these days if they can get a gig elsewhere ?

Well well,there's a surprise-gurrole mr semi boycott himself pipes up with his usual ill informed bullshit about all matters Argyle.

Get a life yourself-if anyone knows about being creepy,it's you. Hows the Bolivian face mask these days,getting a dust down ready for the annual outing?

If you knew anything about anything, you'd know the mask you refer to is Peruvian.  
I've forgotten more about playing the game of football than you've ever dreamed of. And cricket for that matter. Stick to the pedlar geek stuff. People have different opinions. You don't like that, and decided to get more aggressive about it. We can all play that game. Tough.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4987
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 17:54

beesrus wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Wonderful defending just before the penalty award. LOL

Adams out, and take your ugly football and your big pay off with you.
As to bringing the likes of Waiters and Warnock into the Adams managerial debate, gettalife, there's no comparison. Waiters encouraged delightful football with 2 wingers, while striking lucky with Mariner. And  ask yourself why the hugely in-demand Mariner stayed for 3 years. Outside of the log term personal Carey relationship, nobody in demand stays for long with Del boy in charge. Wonder why ? As for Warnock, he's on a different planet compared with Adams. He's just just about the most successful lower league manager in english football history, who only struggles at the top.
It's not just your football Adams, it's the bottom of the league position, and it's your creepy support of the wannabe property developer while feathering your own nest. You are a big part of the brent legacy who clearly supports his objectives.  
As for foreign managers, they  have nothing to do with the marketability of Adams elsewhere. And if football clubs must have these foreign managers, then lets have one here then. Have we ever had one ? We're just sooooo off the pace.
Funnily enough, I like the attitude of foreign managers, compared to the old school boot room army-style attitude of English football coaches. No wonder football clubs look out for them, compared to the my way or the highway routine. What self-respecting in demand young buck wants to work under those conditions these days if they can get a gig elsewhere ?

Well well,there's a surprise-gurrole mr semi boycott himself pipes up with his usual ill informed bullshit about all matters Argyle.

Get a life yourself-if anyone knows about being creepy,it's you. Hows the Bolivian face mask these days,getting a dust down ready for the annual outing?

If you knew anything about anything, you'd know the mask you refer to is Peruvian.  
I've forgotten more about playing the game of football than you've ever dreamed of. And cricket for that matter. Stick to the pedlar geek stuff. People have different opinions. You don't like that, and decided to get more aggressive about it. We can all play that game. Tough.

lol! If you had half an open mind instead of an ego the size of Lima and La Paz combined,then you'd re-read this thread and acknowledge that my reply to Grovehill was a perfectly reasonable one even if you disagreed with it. No problem with that-it was your "get a life" comment that really started the ball rolling.What was it you said the other day about your superior internet manners or something along those lines? Yeah right.Get a life,get real,keep up at the back, all gems from the Beezy vault.Very mature comments about the "i know more about football etc" as well,a bit like a kid saying i can piss further up the wall than you.

Good post Beezy.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3083
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 18:02

That's what it descends to Greeskin, if you follow the same path.
I just don't agree with your attempted protection of Adams. I think he's part of the Argyle malaise, and a big part. You don't. Just stick to that, and we won't have a problem.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3714
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 18:04

From the leader of the silent majority.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


No Newell we dont have a strange team we have the worse one in living memory brought about by that shambolic shuffling shyster AKA Brent who has systematically rinsed the club of monies for his own nefarious purposes
He will go own as the most evil Chairman (if 4 hours a week deserves the title) in Argyles history

He set out from day 1 to fleece the club and god knows how many are only just realising it elsewhere

The nightmare of Brents legacy will live long in the memory
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4987
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 18:22

beesrus wrote:
That's what it descends to Greeskin, if you follow the same path.
I just don't agree with your attempted protection of Adams. I think he's part of the Argyle malaise, and a big part. You don't. Just stick to that, and we won't have a problem.  

You started all of this by saying that myself and others who happen to think that Adams is far from the major factor in the Argyle struggle are "Adams apologists",followed up with the get a life,get real,Pedlar geeky stuff which has permeated your arguments since.People like Gull,Harve,Angry,Grovehill etc have expressed opinions about Adams which by no means tally with my own but matters have not evolved into a slanging match,maybe that tells it's own story. Anyway thats an end to it now,i'm going to watch the golf-may even pick up something worthwhile about how to play it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4535
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   Sun Nov 18 2018, 19:01

harvetheslayer wrote:
From the leader of the silent majority.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


No Newell we dont have a strange team we have the worse one in living memory brought about by that shambolic shuffling shyster AKA Brent who has systematically rinsed the club of monies for his own nefarious purposes
He will go own as the most evil Chairman (if 4 hours a week deserves the title) in Argyles history

He set out from day 1 to fleece the club and god knows how many are only just realising it elsewhere

The nightmare of Brents legacy will live long in the memory

Obviously a typo from the Cornish site owner, clearly should have read "we have a very shite team this season", easily done. ld
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Luton v Argyle   

Back to top Go down
 
Luton v Argyle
Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: