Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Chairman’s Chat

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3452
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:02 pm

beesrus wrote:
As I said, it was already explained, as I also did 7 years ago when BBC joined this forum. Go hunt it down in ATD archives if you're that bored.  
Of course he still has my pasoti "details", along with his hooper spying shit. I couldn't care less personally, as long as he keeps off my grass. That would be quite a different matter.  I found the myott picture files way before you when cobi the younger was given his role on argyle talk. Keep up.


Shame you didn't think it worthy of sharing at the time.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:17 pm

I did with a couple of people. Can't trust many on the Argyle circuit, as is still true today with the likes of rickler. You were still on pasoti at the time, earwig, so you wouldn't have known. Homeslice, in his orgial form, was the first to bring it's existence to the new forum, when ATD finally got it's act together properly.
I always assumed it was left open on purpose, given newell's southampton mate had the odd tool or two that could be embedded into picture files, so left it alone by and large.. Sorting out your pc when some gorm has infected your laptop can take some time. Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin


Posts : 897
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm

I haven't digested this entire thread, and I can't be arsed to get involved in the Silent Si shenanigans. Suffice to say - I'm going to give him at least 12 months at the helm before even commenting.

Considering the utter, utter shite state of the club he's taken over, I think I/we owe him this much at least.


_______________________________________
East bound and down, loaded up and trukin, we're going to do what they said can't be done. We gotta a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm east bound just watch old bandit run! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:43 pm

The main reason I'm arsed on the silent si front is I am worried about what he would like to build in the park, "for the benefit of PAFC" as opposed to his own benefit. Of course, the two are now both one and the same thing just about. Buying HHP back off the clown doesn't stop the possibility of another inappropriate building plan, including residential apartments/student housing.
The sooner he comes clean on that front, the better. Looking at his past comments, I'm worried he will indeed be just the latest owner to go for an inappropriate development in the park area under the guise of being good for PAFC, as opposed good for brent. Clearly many fans, particularly non-residents of the city, including the likes of the californian poppy on here and the crawley xthrobber,  will be all up for the despoiling of the area if the club benefits by a couple of million. I am not, and many people are not.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 511
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Same place as the past 38 years, Being spyed on by the state (and now others)

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:47 pm

beesrus wrote:
The main reason I'm arsed on the silent si front is I am worried about what he would like to build in the park, "for the benefit of PAFC" as opposed to his own benefit. Of course, the two are now both one and the same thing just about. Buying HHP back off the clown doesn't stop the possibility of another inappropriate building plan, including residential apartments/student housing.
The sooner he comes clean on that front, the better. Looking at his past comments, I'm worried he will indeed be just the latest owner to go for an inappropriate development in the park area under the guise of being good for PAFC, as opposed good for brent. Clearly many fans, particularly non-residents of the city, including the likes of the californian poppy on here and the crawley xthrobber,  will be all up for the despoiling of the area if the club benefits by a couple of million. I am not, and many people are not.

So it's just a knee jerk reaction of yours that SH is just a Brent MK2?
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Knee Jerk ? No. I've always opposed any owner who might have nefarious objectives
Give me your honest opinion. Would you be in favour of Hallett plans to put student accommodation in the park if it got the "corners" built ?
There's a few here who need to revisit Hallett's comments on the PAFC baggo website regarding property developments in the area. If anything, they are more brazen than brent's initial comments. And don't forget, the only thing that stopped brent and his private dentists etc was money, not permissions.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 511
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Same place as the past 38 years, Being spyed on by the state (and now others)

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:06 pm

beesrus wrote:
Knee Jerk ? No. I've always opposed any owner who might have nefarious objectives
Give me your honest opinion. Would you be in favour of Hallett plans to put student accommodation in the park if it got the "corners" built ?
There's a few here who need to revisit Hallett's comments on the PAFC baggo website regarding property developments in the area. If anything, they are more brazen than brent's initial comments. And don't forget, the only thing that stopped brent and his private dentists etc was money, not permissions.

Might be wrong but I was under the impression residental developments are not permitted. If they were then I think JB would be a very rich man by now.
Also Brent couldn't find any backers to finance a KFC and a Burger King outside the life Centre for people to scoff in after a workout so I'm sure SH won't go down that route.
I've said before that I'm not against any development as long as the club benefits from it,.which wasn't the case with Brent's plans which would have not only made the club nothing, but also abstracted matchday revenue.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:21 pm

So, basically Bob, you're saying you would be quite happy for student accommodation to be built at HHP to pay for the  stadium build ? Sadly, most argyle fas would agree with that, fortunately they are in a minority in the city. You're no Michael Foot or Bob Crow.
 What is permitted in the area has been eroded since brent started his property uplift routine. He never had an intention of building any of it, it was the permissions he required. HHP is now designated as "town use". Not a million miles from residential as you would know by looking at the recent student plans accepted in the city centre. Just one more step.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 5121
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:25 pm

beesrus wrote:
Clearly many fans, particularly non-residents of the city, including the likes of the californian poppy on here and the crawley xthrobber,  will be all up for the despoiling of the area if the club benefits by a couple of million. I am not, and many people are not.

Another instance where you have your facts wrong concerning me.  If I didn't know better, I would say you were doing it on purpose instead of just being as dumb as a rock.

FYI..  You haven't got the slightest clue as to my thoughts on the "despoiling the area".  The fact you think you do, just goes to show how messed up you are.  You need help.

For the record.  I am not in support of any housing, student accommodation, hotels or dentists.

Got that?  Good.  Quit yer fibbing.

Lying is becoming a bad habit of yours.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Clearly many fans, particularly non-residents of the city, including the likes of the californian poppy on here and the crawley xthrobber,  will be all up for the despoiling of the area if the club benefits by a couple of million. I am not, and many people are not.

Another instance where you have your facts wrong concerning me.  If I didn't know better, I would say you were doing it on purpose instead of just being as dumb as a rock.

FYI..  You haven't got the slightest clue as to my thoughts on the "despoiling the area".  The fact you think you do, just goes to show how messed up you are.  You need help.

For the record.  I am not in support of any housing, student accommodation, hotels or dentists.

Got that.  Good.  Quit yer fibbing.

Lying is becoming a bad habit of yours.

Fair enough. Good to hear that. That makes me happy. Doesn't hurt to have some common ground. About time you came out. Like pulling teeth. I'm sure we can share an accord on here on the matter when it inevitably raises it's head. We can still insult each other on other matters, so nothing lost . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 511
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Same place as the past 38 years, Being spyed on by the state (and now others)

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:56 pm

beesrus wrote:
So, basically Bob, you're saying you would be quite happy for student accommodation to be built at HHP to pay for the  stadium build ? Sadly, most argyle fas would agree with that, fortunately they are in a minority in the city. You're no Michael Foot or Bob Crow.
 What is permitted in the area has been eroded since brent started his property uplift routine. He never had an intention of building any of it, it was the permissions he required. HHP is now designated as "town use". Not a million miles from residential as you would know by looking at the recent student plans accepted in the city centre. Just one more step.

Again I'll allude that I think residential developments are not permitted, if they were then Brent would have ridden off into the thunderstorm with his waggon and drag full of loot a long time ago. Come on now Bees, anyone like Persimmon would pay well over the top to get consented land in prime parkland like that, if it was permitted that is. In fact I'm sure Brent would have put in a planning application for housing the second he acquired the land, just to quadruple it's value to sell on to a developer.

Michael Foot knew that market sources could succeed where politics fail but that doesn't make him a capitalist, so your point is?
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:11 pm

My point is there's a reason why people sing "You'll never take the Dem'port" all over the world, even though there's little chance of it happening. It's a necessary growl to the odd bad spirits that don't play by the rules.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 10675
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Another American joins the green army

He is CEO at Tech firm Magnetic based in New York

James green@JamesANGreen Nov 24

It's official. I'm no longer a Chelsea Fan, It's Plymouth Argyle all the way for me. Watched my first match today with their Chairman. We won 2-1. Super exciting last 20 mins.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

avatar

Posts : 347
Join date : 2018-07-14
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:54 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Another American joins the green army

He is CEO at Tech firm Magnetic based in New York

James green@JamesANGreen Nov 24

It's official. I'm no longer a Chelsea Fan, It's Plymouth Argyle all the way for me. Watched my first match today with their Chairman.  We won 2-1.  Super exciting last 20 mins.

1. Chelsea supporter. Bound to be a horrible cnut
2. Swops his teams !!!! Bound to be a horrible cnut.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4670
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:07 pm

#SHITARTIST wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Another American joins the green army

He is CEO at Tech firm Magnetic based in New York

James green@JamesANGreen Nov 24

It's official. I'm no longer a Chelsea Fan, It's Plymouth Argyle all the way for me. Watched my first match today with their Chairman.  We won 2-1.  Super exciting last 20 mins.

1. Chelsea supporter. Bound to be a horrible cnut
2. Swops his teams !!!!  Bound to be a horrible cnut.

Just the same as a Cornishman claiming to be a Janner.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4543
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Maybe he was converted to all things Argo by Green Jim and the site owner. lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Robby



Posts : 228
Join date : 2018-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Lets hope he's got a lot of money he wants to invest in a league one club who plays in green
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 10675
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Lets hope he's got a lot of money he wants to invest in a league one club who plays in green

lets hope he buys Brent out.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:13 pm

I don't think I can bare to look at what comes next..
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:01 am

That'll be a relief.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin


Posts : 897
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:20 am

Hang on cotton pickin, rootin, tootin gawd damn minute. How can you just change the team you support?

Init for life, init?

_______________________________________
East bound and down, loaded up and trukin, we're going to do what they said can't be done. We gotta a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm east bound just watch old bandit run! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 7251
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:40 am

In the US they just change franchise when they feel like it.

It's all different over there.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
MikeWN



Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:43 am

P.O.I wrote:
Hang on cotton pickin, rootin, tootin gawd damn minute. How can you just change the team you support?

Init for life, init?

In fairness, if he's a septic who picked a team based on seeing them on the telly, there's no real bond there. I can see how the drama, passion and technique on display at a league one game, along with the majesty of Home Park, would sway him.

Neutral

I started following the Miami Dolphins when I was introduced to the NFL by my cousin, mostly because I was 7 and liked dolphins. I haven't been smart enough to change allegiance, despite them being pish for most of the last 35 years.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5024
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:53 am

I was looking at his Twitter to see Nool had started the leg shagging yet, I see his hobbies include playing the Cello and squash.

Good luck to Nool with pretending to be interested in THAT
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin


Posts : 897
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:21 am

Way out of Nools league. laugh

_______________________________________
East bound and down, loaded up and trukin, we're going to do what they said can't be done. We gotta a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm east bound just watch old bandit run! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chairman’s Chat   

Back to top Go down
 
Chairman’s Chat
Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: