The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2018 Election Update

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

2018 Election Update Empty
PostSubject: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Are you able to tell us why the election has to re run?

What on earth has gone wrong?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Peoples' Vote innit
cat
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 pm

I think the trust has been taken over by Halletts media department.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 12:00 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Are you able to tell us why the election has to re run?

What on earth has gone wrong?

There's all sorts of rules that define the electoral process and we failed to strictly meet them all. Had we gone ahead the outcome could have been subject to challenge should somebody have wished to challenge it.

Everything is on-line and you can read the electoral rules here: https://www.argylefanstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/AFT-Model-Election-Policy.pdf

We are confident that everything is now fully in order.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 12:17 am

Thank you.

I will have a read.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 8:06 pm

I will ask again.

Can you tell us why the election has to re run?

What went wrong?

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 8:32 pm

brexit means brexit
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 11:55 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I will ask again.

Can you tell us why the election has to re run?

What went wrong?

I think I am limited by what I am able to say because we are in the midst of our election process; saying that we messed up some procedural stuff is about as far as I can go.

It really is all very dull. There's no major scandal.

I'm really not trying to dodge the issue (obviously I am dodging the issue) but you should make an enquiry to either secretary@argylefanstrust.com or emg@argylefanstrust.com because I really don't want to foul up the process by saying something I should not.

And to be honest it is all so pernicketty regarding detail that any explanation I gave could be inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 2:03 am

It's all pathetic and for once I am not aiming my remarks at the Trust. The fact that this is an issue and the Trust is walking on eggshells should ring alarm bells with anyone who can read between any lines. This news should make people wonder why the Trust are having to be so pernickety? Why are the trust so worried about a simple election?
There still seems to be a bit of a stale smell still hanging around the club. Halletts silence is deafening, has anything really changed?
Despite my reservations about Bob I have renewed my membership because I know most of the people involved (including my good mate Frank) are on our side, the side of the football club not PAFC good causes and building projects. If Hallett turns out to be a wrong un then we need a voice and that voice cannot be Nools.
If the Trust step up now then so should the fans. No need to throw a pint at Brent or Hallett but FFS say something.
Critical friend not a sponsor.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 2:47 am

Complete waste of time if Lloyd and Chown have any connection to this AFT
You need guys that aren't afraid of their shadows if you want Hallett and Brent to stop laughing at you behind your backs.
Currently you might as well not exist. Club takes zero notice of you anyway and probably never will. Brent despite an utter shyster was able to swat you away like a fly and Hallett is a much bigger and harder player
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 7:49 am

If it's something as "pernickety" as it has been alluded to, it could suggest there's been a malicious complaint to the "authorities"   If so, I wonder who that could have come from. Also raises the question of a mole.
At a south coast garrison town club like Argyle, a fans' trust will always be treated with disdain by owners and many fans. So, there clearly is no point in being shy, or else the body will just e a littany of pro owner rubber stamps similar to Bob's comments a few weeks back.
There are many ways to house train animals, and the AFT  seems to have it's own litter tray.
More "official opposition" required, less "critical friend". The people that run the club haven't taken any prisoners for years. Lest you forget.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:10 am

beesrus wrote:
If it's something as "pernickety" as it has been alluded to, it could suggest there's been a malicious complaint to the "authorities"   If so, I wonder who that could have come from. Also raises the question of a mole.
At a south coast garrison town club like Argyle, a fans' trust will always be treated with disdain by owners and many fans. So, there clearly is no point in being shy, or else the body will just e a littany of pro owner rubber stamps similar to Bob's comments a few weeks back.
There are many ways to house train animals, and the AFT  seems to have it's own litter tray.
More "official opposition" required, less "critical friend". The people that run the club haven't taken any prisoners for years. Lest you forget.

South Coast Garrison town....

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Despite pretending to want fan involvement, Brent did all he could to sideline the AFT, who now find themselves between a rock and a hard place. We've had the monthly meetings cancelled by JB because of (well deserved) questioning, and criticism from the more astute fan who sees what's going on and wants action. I still hope that Simon and Jane Hallett will be more responsive to a democratically elected fans trust, but fear that as long as the Brents are around this won't happen.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Wasn't the loathsome Brentnoser Ed Shillabeer leaking supporters board stuff to the board?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Dingle wrote:
Despite pretending to want fan involvement, Brent did all he could to sideline the AFT, who now find themselves between a rock and a hard place.  We've had the monthly meetings cancelled by JB because of (well deserved) questioning, and criticism from the more astute fan who sees what's going on and wants action.  I still hope that Simon and Jane Hallett will be more responsive to a democratically elected fans trust, but fear that as long as the Brents are around this won't happen.

What I can't work out is why the Trust didn't publicise the fact that Brent had locked us out?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:14 pm

I can still remember when Brent gathered all the Senior Greens toadies into the tent and asked them collectively if ATD brings anything positive to the club. Then asked them to raise their hands schoolchild style.

One of the most cringe-worthy moments of this whole sorry charade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 6:02 pm

It all started with the contingency bunch during admin and relationships made then. Hence the ludicrous and deliberately competitive PASAB, and the laughable request for the AFT to raise 100s of thousands for Brent's pocket, without any say whatsoever in the club. Much of this crap was helped into existence by the wrong characters, the main culprit obviously being newell, promising he could deliver the fanbase.. Some people need to have rancour in order to have a role.
I will be extremely surprised if Hallett actually understands, and more importantly, actually cares or does something about it. More of the same is my expectation.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I can still remember when Brent gathered all the Senior Greens toadies into the tent and asked them collectively if ATD brings anything positive to the club. Then asked them to raise their hands schoolchild style.

Is that the same time he went off his tits over Rick's question and didn't even answer it after his tantrum Laughing
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Other than fill Homepark with Brentocabins and make HP a three sided ground what did Akkeron man achieve?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Election Update   2018 Election Update Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 Election Update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: