Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Robby

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
zyph wrote:
READ.....The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray....all about...Immigration...Identity...Islam.....a Bloomsbury Book....£9.99.

'The Strange Death of Europe'...is the account of a continent and a culture caught in the act of suicide.

This book will help you understand why the EU and Europe in general is losing it's identity by the failure of Multi-Culturalism.

Did you know that white UK citizens are now the minority in London.

The Mayor is a Muslim.....one of the front runners for the next PM is a Muslim.

Being white and English will soon mean that you have no land that you can call your Homeland.

My political view used to be Ukip....but they have blown themselves out of the water....so who can I vote for....not the Tories,they're self destructing....not Labour, Comrade Corbyn will make us a satellite of Putins Russia....where is there to go....we need a new centre ground party and quickly.

Exactly Zyph, the political scene in the UK is a Bleddy nightmare and the thought of Corbyn, Abbot, MacDonald and the rest of the momentum cabal achieving power scares the crap out of me, particularly after enduring the seventies labour government, high inflation, high interest rates and unions that were holding the country to ransom.
All this eventually  led up to the anti union laws brought in by Thatchers outfit.

Oh my god a Muslim mayor and our pure white English blood being mixed with darkies. Both of you could have started your posts with "I'm not racist but...........

Whilst your riding your high horse and casting your aspersions on others with your views and incorrect racist allegations, you may wish to review your reference to “darkies” which to some of my close friends a few of which are of West Indian and Asian origin is a racist and offensive remark.

The darkie reference is for people like you who agreed with Zyphs Hitler like quotes. Cant have darkies being MPs surely? One as mayor of London ffs. Enoch Powell would be tearing his swastika off in disgust. And then we had Pat referring to ISIS who hadnt been mentioned at all it was just that Muslims were being discussed which of course means the terrorist comments arent to far away. I dont want Corbyn in power either but its not because Im so blinkered I just cant stand the thought of a lefty in number 10 and would rather have Pol Pot than him and his "cabal". If the thought of a London Mayor being muslim makes you puke its probably time to look at yourself in the mirror and ask what sort of scum you are.

The comment is racist, you can write all your abusive excuses you like to justify yourself but your the one with the racist comments.
I’m not sure why the reference to the London Mayor as I couldn’t care less if he’s green with spots, makes no difference to me.
Your reference to me being scum, somebody you don’t know, never met and never will really shows you up to be intellectually deficient and would suggest it’s contrary to ATD policy.

More bullshit when challenged. Zyph said "The Mayor is a Muslim.....one of the front runners for the next PM is a Muslim.

Being white and English will soon mean that you have no land that you can call your Homeland." And your reply was Exactly Zyph so shut the feck up and stop pretending your not prejudiced against dar.... sorry I mean Muslims
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
zyph wrote:
READ.....The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray....all about...Immigration...Identity...Islam.....a Bloomsbury Book....£9.99.

'The Strange Death of Europe'...is the account of a continent and a culture caught in the act of suicide.

This book will help you understand why the EU and Europe in general is losing it's identity by the failure of Multi-Culturalism.

Being white and English will soon mean that you have no land that you can call your Homeland.

My political view used to be Ukip....but they have blown themselves out of the water....so who can I vote for....not the Tories,they're self destructing....not Labour, Comrade Corbyn will make us a satellite of Putins Russia....where is there to go....we need a new centre ground party and quickly.

Exactly Zyph, the political scene in the UK is a Bleddy nightmare and the thought of Corbyn, Abbot, MacDonald and the rest of the momentum cabal achieving power scares the crap out of me, particularly after enduring the seventies labour government, high inflation, high interest rates and unions that were holding the country to ransom.
All this eventually  led up to the anti union laws brought in by Thatchers outfit.

Oh my god a Muslim mayor and our pure white English blood being mixed with darkies. Both of you could have started your posts with "I'm not racist but...........

Whilst your riding your high horse and casting your aspersions on others with your views and incorrect racist allegations, you may wish to review your reference to “darkies” which to some of my close friends a few of which are of West Indian and Asian origin is a racist and offensive remark.

The darkie reference is for people like you who agreed with Zyphs Hitler like quotes. Cant have darkies being MPs surely? One as mayor of London ffs. Enoch Powell would be tearing his swastika off in disgust. And then we had Pat referring to ISIS who hadnt been mentioned at all it was just that Muslims were being discussed which of course means the terrorist comments arent to far away. I dont want Corbyn in power either but its not because Im so blinkered I just cant stand the thought of a lefty in number 10 and would rather have Pol Pot than him and his "cabal". If the thought of a London Mayor being muslim makes you puke its probably time to look at yourself in the mirror and ask what sort of scum you are.

The comment is racist, you can write all your abusive excuses you like to justify yourself but your the one with the racist comments.
I’m not sure why the reference to the London Mayor as I couldn’t care less if he’s green with spots, makes no difference to me.
Your reference to me being scum, somebody you don’t know, never met and never will really shows you up to be intellectually deficient and would suggest it’s contrary to ATD policy.

More bullshit when challenged. Zyph said "The Mayor is a Muslim.....one of the front runners for the next PM is a Muslim.

Being white and English will soon mean that you have no land that you can call your Homeland."  And your reply was Exactly Zyph so shut the feck up and stop pretending your not prejudiced against dar.... sorry I mean Muslims

No I won’t shut up as you so ignorantly put it, my reference to Zyph’s post was to the political mess this country is in, you choose to interpret it to suit your own low level of intelligence as racism, it’s not, I’m not and I don’t believe Zyph is.
I’m not against immigration, Hell this country is built on immigrants, immigrants who have and are working in this country and paying their taxes more so than some Caucasian brits who just can’t be bothered to work, but I am against uncontrolled immigration, if your so dim as to view that as racism then I would suggest your the one with the problem, who it would appear still views the offensive description of the West Indian, African, Asian people as some kind of a joke, what a sad person you are.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 9:49 pm

zyph wrote:
Because I'm for leaving the EU...that means I've got to be a racist.

Because I'm concerned about what is happening in UK and Europe... and not afraid to point it out.....that means I've got to be a racist.

And the Hitler comment....just shows how pointless it is to try to explain to... know-alls...that multi-culturalism doesn't work.

Merkel opened the doors to everyone in 2015......and now it ain't going to well for her.... and her governing party after the last election it took months to form a coalition government....Europe is starting to say enough is enough and starting to realize it's losing it's identity.

When did multi-culturalism stop working then? Before or after Britain invaded and imposed their culture on half of Africa and Asia? I expect the Indians were quite happy doing their own thing in the 18th century before Clive came along. You see its almost as if you hanker for the good old days when half of the globe was pink and upper class British officers decided which cultures the locals were allowed to have. Then these Indians and West Indians and Africans were needed here after the war which was started by someone trying to eradicate the multi culturalism you hate so much, for all the menial jobs the British find beneath them and at first you put up with the foreigners because you and your friends didnt want to be doing the work these people did but what you didnt want was them living here visibly with their spices and their bright colours and their foreign language and heaven forbid bringing over their relatives to muddy the pure white blood of the British. Now you have decided their is too many of them over here now and you dont like it. Must be them to blame for the economy and not the banks and big businesses acting with impunity. You and your sort make me laugh. Closet racist. Too afraid to admit to being racist but always able to quote someone else who is openly racist as feck
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 9:56 pm

Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
zyph wrote:

Being white and English will soon mean that you have no land that you can call your Homeland."  And your reply was Exactly Zyph so shut the feck up and stop pretending your not prejudiced against dar.... sorry I mean Muslims

No I won’t shut up as you so ignorantly put it, my reference to Zyph’s post was to the political mess this country is in, you choose to interpret it to suit your own low level of intelligence as racism, it’s not, I’m not and I don’t believe Zyph is.
I’m not against immigration, Hell this country is built on immigrants, immigrants who have and are working in this country and paying their taxes more so than some Caucasian brits who just can’t be bothered to work, but I am against uncontrolled immigration, if your so dim as to view that as racism then I would suggest your the one with the problem, who it would appear still views the offensive description of the West Indian, African, Asian people as some kind of a joke, what a sad person you are.

When did your anger shift from the leagues of Romanian criminals who were going to flood into Britain turning every street into no go areas and onto Muslims because their make believe storys werent as good as yours? Was this after your anger at all the Irish had stopped? It used to be signs in windows of guest houses saying "No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs". These days theres a fortune to be made out of "No Muslim" signs. You ought to get yourself on Dragons Den and get yourself an investment. Remember to have the signs made in England though. You dont want any sub standard foreign muck being made in your name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Some good points Robby. While I am certainly unhappy about several things the EU bankers have imposed on this country ( worse on Greece ) that merits some form of withdrawal, the infusion of new cultures and folk even into backwaters like Plymouth has been a breath of fresh air.
The economic problems are of the capitalist system that rigs capital and labour markets, so capital always wins out. It's a power thing.
Back to top Go down
Greenrod

Greenrod

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 pm

So, what is the answer? It seems the only way to change things is for the Proletariate to rise up against their Masters - a revolution. We could learn a lot from the French, they seem to like the odd revolution.
If we don’t leave the EU on 29 March, it will be the end of democracy and then I can see the start of a revolution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:15 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Yeah just call him a cnut next time.

We heard you the first time. You’ve made your point. Give it rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 9:18 am

Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
zyph wrote:

When did your anger shift from the leagues of Romanian criminals who were going to flood into Britain turning every street into no go areas and onto Muslims because their make believe storys werent as good as yours? Was this after your anger at all the Irish had stopped? It used to be signs in windows of guest houses saying "No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs". These days theres a fortune to be made out of "No Muslim" signs. You ought to get yourself on Dragons Den and get yourself an investment. Remember to have the signs made in England though. You dont want any sub standard foreign muck being made in your name.

Your imagination is running wild again, you just don’t get it do you, you let your bigotry get in the way of reasoned thinking, Big Robby = Small Brain, I’ve no anger against any immigrants, Irish or any other race, so where your crappy statements come from, well who knows about that, my anger as you call it is against the politicians and unelected beaurocrats who have allowed the uncontrolled flow of immigrants to continue in the same vein, have you not noticed what’s happening in many of the EU countries?

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 9:52 am

As I've said Graiser they should read, 'The Strange Death of Europe' how multi-culturalism has undermined the cultural ability of states to be who they once where...turning so many countries into just a greyness losing their independence of who they were.....uncontrolled immigration taking away the reason why these countries were attractive to the immigrant in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 10:25 am

I cringed when I read what you'd written Zyphe it did come over as you advocating if not a white London a white Britain.
As for poor old Frannie you are a cnut. You love to smear people with insults and hate it when you get the reaction that you crave. Even whilst moaning about being insulted you throw the insults around. Boo feckin hoo. Thick cnut.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 4:39 pm

All in the mind of the beholder......you need to not look on any other point of view but yours must be wrong...so it must be racist.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I cringed when I read what you'd written Zyphe it did come over as you advocating if not a white London a white Britain.
As for poor old Frannie you are a cnut. You love to smear people with insults and hate it when you get the reaction that you crave. Even whilst moaning about being insulted you throw the insults around. Boo feckin hoo. Thick cnut.

As nearly always you miss the point completely.

And then pile in abusively nonetheless. It is cringeworthy but consistent for you.

Still this is what happens when the mods are too scared to do anything but crawl up Ian Newell's arse.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:47 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

So what are you going to do about it?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

So what are you going to do about it?

They're going to revel (as am I) in the fact that it's annoying you.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

As nearly always you miss the point completely.

And then pile in abusively nonetheless. It is cringeworthy but consistent for you.

Still this is what happens when the mods are too scared to do anything but crawl up Ian Newell's arse.

Why don't you hold a referendum Frank? Ask your adoring public whether it's fair to call you a cnut. Like the EU one I think you'll get the answer that you didn't want and then ignore it. But you won't because even you aren't thick enough to realise you have zero support from anyone on here for your whining. You've made your bed now lie in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 12:53 pm

It's fair to call white feather newell a cnut, so why remove it ? Absolute hypocrisy, given what has followed.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
How long does my "Final Warning" last?

Indefinitely.

I knew you'd say that.

And rejoice in doing so.

There is one certainty here: this particular mod will always be on my case.

So I get abused and then receive this as a warning?

And the abuser gets a week off and no privileges lost.

LOL.

Because let's face had I made a complaint, as I have before, it would have been rejected.

A lifelong Final Warning for pointing out mod hypocrisy?

LOL again.
You troll for reaction with your thick and racist slurs then act all hurt when you get the reaction that you crave. Its calculated just as your post on the EU thread was when after reading about the bannings you immediately repeat your "dullard" quip knowing full well it was what sent Mouldy off in the first place and he couldn't answer. Nothing more than a two fingered salute to mouldy and the mods yet here you are a day later whining about how abused you are. It really is pathetic.

You completely miss everything i try to say because you are blinded by the delicious nectar that Brexit is to you.

Brexit is supported by every far right racist political body starting with UKIP and ending in the outer fringes of nutcasery: UKIP, BNP. EDL, Britain First, KKK etc. We have had an MP murdered during the Brexit referendum campaign by a Britain First supporter with an Nazi obsession because she campaigned anti-Brexit and tried to help refugees and who shouted "Britain First!" as he murdered her in cold blood.

There is a racist streak running through Brexit a mile wide. It is as obvious as the nose on your face.

Saying so is not trolling. It is stating simple fact.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 9:38 pm

I haven't insinuated that you are all racists.

That is the same line silly old ears trots out all the time. It is wrong.

Like so many other things just because he says them they are not necessarily true.

What I have said is that racists are pro-Brexit.

Not the same thing at all.

Simple points I have made many times but which still seem to be too nuanced for our resident Brexiiteers to grasp which, I guess, is where dullards comes in.

As for respecting democracy as I said democracy is about more than gathering the most votes but even were it not in this country Parliament is sovereign. Parliament is the body which passes laws and which is the ultimate arbiter.

The legal status of the Brexit referendum was "advisory" and it does not have to be enacted or respected - it is in fact best ignored and forgotten but that is another thing again - and it is my democratic right, some might say duty, not to allow this to be overlooked.

If you voted Out because you demand British laws by a British government for British people and then point at the Referendum you are obliterating the memory and import of every single act of parliament that has been passed and which represents our unwritten constitution. You are, in fact, disrespecting and denigrating the very British sovereignty in action that you purport to demand so fervently far more than I am by pointing out that a corruptly financed, probably paid for Putin's pennies because Arron Banks can't say where the money came from, Leave campaign was a disgusting perversion of the sovereignty that is our our democratic process.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

As for respecting democracy as I said democracy is about more than gathering the most votes

You didn't say that at all when the electoral college voted Trump to the presidency. You could not fathom why the 'popular' vote for Clinton could be put aside.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:05 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Im afraid you do

Like so many other things just because he says them they are not necessarily true.

Im quite capable of forming my own thoughts and I’m sure ears would agree that we differ about most things !

Thats a very sweeping statement

Simple points I have made many times but which still seem to be too nuanced for our resident Brexiiteers to grasp which, I guess, is where dullards comes in.

There you go again, a differing view to you produces the same name calling, you come across as fairly intelligent so why the need for it ?

As for respecting democracy as I said democracy is about more than gathering the most votes but even were it not in this country Parliament is sovereign. Parliament is the body which passes laws and which is the ultimate arbiter.

Thats correct but getting the majority vote is extremely important to whichever party wins as their policies will drive reform, new laws et al

The legal status of the Brexit referendum was "advisory" and it does not have to be enacted or respected - it is in fact best ignored and forgotten but that is another thing again - and it is my democratic right, some might say duty, not to allow this to be overlooked.

I think we all know the referendum has no legal status so we don’t really need reminding of that but It does have to be respected as we have been informed by most politicians

If you voted Out because you demand British laws by a British government for British people and then point at the Referendum you are obliterating the memory and import of every single act of parliament that has been passed and which represents our unwritten constitution. You are, in fact, disrespecting and denigrating the very British sovereignty in action that you purport to demand so fervently far more than I am by pointing out that a corruptly financed, probably paid for Putin's pennies because Arron Banks can't say where the money came from, Leave campaign was a disgusting perversion of the sovereignty that is our our democratic process.

There was plenty of taxpayers funding supporting the remain campaign and that is a fact, your implication of illegal funding by others is not a fact, it’s supposition until proved otherwise, however my vote for leaving was not influenced by any crappy advertising, I’ve held that view for many years and despise some our corrupt politicians who over the years have sold the UK down the river which is now being proved by the tangled mess we’re trying to get unravelled
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Im afraid you do

No I don't.

Im quite capable of forming my own thoughts and I’m sure ears would agree that we differ about most things !

It is also true.

There you go again, a differing view to you produces the same name calling, you come across as fairly intelligent so why the need for it ?

Because I keep on making very simple points that are entirely misinterpreted.

Thats correct but getting the majority vote is extremely important to whichever party wins as their policies will drive reform, new laws et al

I think we all know the referendum has no legal status so we don’t really need reminding of that but It does have to be respected as we have been informed by most politicians

There was plenty of taxpayers funding supporting the remain campaign and that is a fact, your implication of illegal funding by others is not a fact, it’s supposition until proved otherwise, however my vote for leaving was not influenced by any crappy advertising, I’ve held that view for many years and despise some our corrupt politicians who over the years have sold the UK down the river which is now being proved by the tangled mess we’re trying to get unravelled

The government funding was not illegal.

My implication of illegal funding is a fact and has been established by the Electoral Commission which has levied a fine as a result.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Subsequent investigation has revealed enough troubling detail for the case to be handed over to the National Crime Agency where the investigation is on-going.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

As for respecting democracy as I said democracy is about more than gathering the most votes

You didn't say that at all when the electoral college voted Trump to the presidency.  You could not fathom why the 'popular' vote for Clinton could be put aside.

Now you are being silly.

I know how the electoral college works.

In American democracy winning the most votes is an irrelevance (and it doesn't count for much in ours, either). In our democracy Parliament is sovereign and an advisory referendum is, er, advisory.

Which goes to support my argument that democracy is about more than winning the most votes. It should also allow for a dreadful decision to be reconsidered.

And the American people handing the House of representatives back to the Democrats is the start of the process to remove Trump from office at the next election - if he hasn't been impeached by then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:31 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Im afraid you do

No I don't.

It is also true.

Because I keep on making very simple points that are entirely misinterpreted.

The government funding was not illegal.

Read what I wrote carefully I never said Government funding for the remain campaign was illegal, far from it

My implication of illegal funding is a fact and has been established by the Electoral Commission which has levied a fine as a result.

My reference was in response to your allegation against Putin and Banks, none of which are proven

Subsequent investigation has revealed enough troubling detail for the case to be handed over to the National Crime Agency where the investigation is on-going.

Thats correct but still not proven against Banks

Frankly I couldn’t give a flying one who was influencing who with a bit of dosh, it didn’t influence me and I suspect the majority of leavers.

Not interested in all this to and froing bollox, it’s about time you understood the majority vote will be respected.

Over and out

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You didn't say that at all when the electoral college voted Trump to the presidency.  You could not fathom why the 'popular' vote for Clinton could be put aside.

Now you are being silly.

In American democracy winning the most votes is an irrelevance (and it doesn't count for much in ours, either). In our democracy Parliament is sovereign and an advisory referendum is, er, advisory.

Which goes to support my argument that democracy is about more than winning the most votes. It should also allow for a dreadful decision to be reconsidered.

And the American people handing the House of representatives back to the Democrats is the start of the process to remove Trump from office at the next election - if he hasn't been impeached by then.

I know you know how the electoral college works... Your stance was...  That sort of system should never prevail over the 'popular vote'.  

Which is not what you're saying now.  You are now saying 'the vote' isn't everything.

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I said democracy is about more than gathering the most votes.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Now you are being silly.

I know you know how the electoral college works... Your stance was...  That sort of system should never prevail over the 'popular vote'.  

Which is not what you're saying now.  You are now saying 'the vote' isn't everything.

"
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I said democracy is about more than gathering the most votes".

I'm affording the referendum its proper legal status.

The referendum was advisory. It offered advice. Bad advice. Advice we are not obliged to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next