Yea Man
harvetheslayer
zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Yes it does it's only when there's a southwesterly that rain blows in there. Trouble is that's the predomominate wind when it rains.

Whoever’s right you still get wet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Yes it does it's only when there's a southwesterly that rain blows in there. Trouble is that's the predomominate wind when it rains.

Whoever’s right you still get wet.

raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:26 pm

more nooly propaganda and a shout out to us,Just for fun. Sorry about comments not being allowed. But ATD eh??

but your right that roof aint covering anyone on the old terrace,
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 10:04 pm

load of f*cking shite.

The only improvements I can see from that video is that we have seats on a lower tier and they are green.

Apart from that the same shite configuration with the thing only covering 2 thirds of the pitch with the lower tier roofless still. Not to mention the ghastly pillars.

Only at a club like ours would this be deemed as 'progress'.

Aviva chose well
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Jethro wrote:

more nooly propaganda and a shout out to us,Just for fun. Sorry about comments not being allowed. But ATD eh??

but your right that roof aint covering anyone on the old terrace,

That looks appalling. Non league bollocks
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 pm

It looks like that pavilion stand thing that Crawley have down one side. Now I'd never criticise a club that have been predominantly non-league for the best part of their existance for something like that but, yeah, not for Argyle.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Fair to say I'm gradually losing the will to support this club - this efffin refurb is an abomination!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 6:32 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Fair to say I'm gradually losing the will to support this club - this efffin refurb is an abomination!!

Welcome to the club. I can't get back into physical attendance til someone with money spots the potential of this city club.

If Community Si thinks it will grow organically, he's in for a disappointment. The worst scenario for me is just kicking around in the lower leagues singing the janner song, with no hope of ever getting anywhere.

You have to be a sad barsteward to enjoy that ongoing misery.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 7:05 am

Only pasoti could rejoice at the future being a 3/4 length stand with an uncovered lower tier and a massive weed garden and water butt in one corner. But I suppose they're also happy that our future is L2 at best for the foreseeable future. The mankover is a load of crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 8:27 am

Tringreen wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

Welcome to the club. I can't get back into physical attendance til someone with money spots the potential of this city club.

If Community Si thinks it will grow organically, he's in for a disappointment. The worst scenario for me is just kicking around in the lower leagues singing the janner song, with no hope of ever getting anywhere.

You have to be a sad barsteward to enjoy that ongoing misery.

Sadly enough, there's a few thousand that seem to lap up that exact scenario, i,e the likes of dim-witted Janners like Greening, Nool, De-Liar, Daz, Biggs, HC Green - ad inifinitum - pathetic.  Let them get on with it. Personally, I aspire to much greater, exciting things at the weekend.

Last edited by P.O.I on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 am

Sadly I'm starting ro feel embarrassed about supporting such a half arsed club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am

akagreengull wrote:

Like Tring says, a city club with a village attitude. The sadness is it used to be a regional standard bearer.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:27 am

It certainly did Hugh, anyway as POI said I also have other
things in my life that are more exciting than visiting a tip of a ground listening to the Green dullards singing "there's only one club in Devon"
Greeeeeeeeen armeeeeeeee!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:37 am

Personally I've never really seen the attraction of some billionaire buying the premiership for us. I would happily start attending Argyle again if I thought the owners were using all available resources to be as competitive as possible on the pitch for a club this size.
What happened to the long forgotten cry of players not property? It was soon replaced by the cry of "why shouldn't Jimmy make money off the club?"
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:36 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Personally I've never really seen the attraction of some billionaire buying the premiership for us. I would happily start attending Argyle again if I thought the owners were using all available resources to be as competitive as possible on the pitch for a club this size.
What happened to the long forgotten cry of players not property? It was soon replaced by the cry of "why shouldn't Jimmy make money off the club?"

Problem is that a massive opportunity to do this once and for all and do it properly would seem to be wasted.The players v property thing was at a time when Argyle actually had a chance of doing something really special and historic on the pitch and all efforts should have been concentrated on that. Argyle are under no such pressures at the moment and haven't been for some years-another two seasons or whatever in the third division wouldn't bother me at all as long as the off field set up was being implemented to prepare the club in a truly ambitious way for future success.Doesn't seem to be panning out that way though-it may be premature to make a final judgement on the basis of some youtube speculation but the signs aren't really promising-very low standards to be satisfied on the basis that it's better than before,which is not very difficult.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Yep, for all the shiny make-believe pictures spewed out by the Herald every other week, that Youtube mock up sadly is a very realistic version of what is happening.

Literally the only positive is seats going on the Mayflower again. Not very many of them - in fact a pathetically small number for any area aspiring to be known as a ‘Grandstand’, but seats, all the same.

98% of fans won’t see any see any benefit. And a couple thousand sat in their new seats will potentially get soaked when a northerly blow pushes in the rain.

Way da go, team!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Problem is that a massive opportunity to do this once and for all and do it properly would seem to be wasted.The players v property thing was at a time when Argyle actually had a chance of doing something really special and historic on the pitch and all efforts should have been concentrated on that. Argyle are under no such pressures at the moment and haven't been for some years-another two seasons or whatever in the third division wouldn't bother me at all as long as the off field set up was being implemented to prepare the club in a truly ambitious way for future success.Doesn't seem to be panning out that way though-it may be premature to make a final judgement on the basis of some youtube speculation but the signs aren't really promising-very low standards to be satisfied on the basis that it's better than before,which is not very difficult.

I'd agree about the remark we should do this properly now but it's obviously not happening and wasnt what I was referring to. As Risdale once said "PAFC has forgotten that its a football club". I don't think the football product has been the number one priority for the last seven years and with us heading to lge 2 again we seem to be once again speculating on property and hoping hat Adams can perform miracles with feck all money.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Risdale was spot on there. We could do with a football man right about now not a property man.

Mind you looking at all the flats being built, perhaps property is all Plymuff is destined to be good for..
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Looking at that last plan, I'm struggling to see where all the corporate stuff is going. It looks to be all offices..
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 4:57 pm

You'll probably get the rain water rolling off the roof onto the terraces as well to compound the rain coming down.. the roof tilts that way doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 pm

argyl3 wrote:
You'll probably get the rain water rolling off the roof onto the terraces as well to compound the rain coming down.. the roof tilts that way doesn't it?

Ridiculous isn't it.

As someone has already highlighted, our one and only chance to do it proper once and for all has been blew in favour of the makeover of a 60 year old structure that only runs the length of 2 thirds of the pitch and a roof that only covers roughly over half the seats.

The legacy wont just live on, it will live for the next 40-50 years now.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 6:49 pm

akagreengull wrote:

been embarrassed about this rubbish for at least a year or more, maybe I should go support Exe.... feck things really are that bad...
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 7:17 pm

some bobble hatted jizzer on freechat is excited about his Oxford FA Cup game ticket arriving.

The clubs fecked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 9:32 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

Ridiculous isn't it.

As someone has already highlighted, our one and only chance to do it proper once and for all has been blew in favour of the makeover of a 60 year old structure that only runs the length of 2 thirds of the pitch and a roof that only covers roughly over half the seats.

The legacy wont just live on, it will live for the next 40-50 years now.

On the head. We'll never get another chance. Well, not in my lifetime!

The end is nigh (for me)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:08 pm

argyl3 wrote:

Gutters and downpipes maybe? Or will that depend on an FA cup run?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next