Yea Man
harvetheslayer
zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:

This whole thing goes right back to McCauley's days and his big fall out with the council over the tradium. The council were willing to put so much to the stadium they owned, but they expected the club to contribute too, given a whole new home for the club and nobody else. Fair enough.  PCC wouldn't pass over the freehold,  but gave the club a massively long lease.

Well. there's something only you knew.  Who would have believed it?

Because for many years, the suggestion that it was possible the club could buy the stadium was ridiculed by all and sundry on Pasoti.  It was a god given fact that the "covenants" to the park forbade it. I certainly never saw you contradict that stance.

I once brought up whether this covenant restriction was actually true and where was the proof etc, and was rounded on by the likes of Angry Andy, throbber et al, including the 'he who knows it all former pasoti mod' who now resides here doing much the same thing.  I was told no proof was needed, it was just 'known' - as if it was some sort of universal physical law like gravity.

In fact...  I remember the first time somebody on Pasoti posted that the council were going to sell the stadium to Stapes, the poster was ridiculed mercilessly.  He might have even been banned for trolling?  Just a few days later he was proved correct.

Shock horror....

What a strange post, you're losing it pal. The reason you wouldn't have seen me contradicting anything at that time is I wasn't contributing toward Argyle online stuff then. Hardly surprising is it. You really must think these things through before you start your normal obfuscation and general ad hoc trolling of people you don't like. I suspect the people you refer to are still being hounded by you if they still have an online presence...

The fact that even mcCauley couldn't prise the stadium out of public hands would suggest private ownership of Home Park was indeed a no go area until it suddenly changed, so I would guess the people you refer to had a a good reason for their position. Michael Foot certainly thought the same, and only resigned as soon as he found out things had changed. no surprise ordinary residents were also out of the loop, eh. And incidentally, what a disaster it has all been since, what a mess. Football's own PFI disaster.
In the end all covenants, agreements, pieces of paper, protestations of undying allegiance and tablets of stone just decay and are replaced with new understandings, good or bad. That's how the planet operates. So, what was your point again ? Oh yes, obfuscation and a pop at someone you don't like. You need to find a different hobby LOL
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 pm

With all this rain and wind, it can't be safe leaving all that steelwork hanging around. Wonder if a match will be called off when bits start falling off?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 4:54 am

argyl3 wrote:
With all this rain and wind, it can't be safe leaving all that steelwork hanging around. Wonder if a match will be called off when bits start falling off?

Rather a good point I agree. Up to now its obviously been mostly covered day to day ( for 65 years)

Will be at least another 1 year till Brent sorts the drainage planning issues (remember he's been nominated as "Director" in charge) so they will be exposed for an extensive time. Hard facts simple as no matter what Newell and Nikk claim
Yesterday I was going to air my thoughts couple of times and then thought better of it (as somewhat ludicrous) that there was in place now a "plan" to bin the lot and then thought nah it cant be why would they take it down piece by piece. Then again you think well this isnt a building or a chimney stack they cant just place explosive and the lot comes down etc.

Then you consider what others have alluded to here. The silence except for Bungo Backs clear blog lies. His outrageous bullshit and excuses over some ticket and shop portacabins that should have taken a few days to fit out not 5 months (and rising), the arrival of even more to serve as dressing rooms. Just dumped in situ clearly no thought was made, no planning application was made and until Brent was told they had 28 days to rectify that or else, they probably would never have bothered even applying

How can that have been part of any normal project management plan but then you realise Bungo alluded to Elephant remains holding up progress and then Brent claiming 2nd World War Luthansa UXB's were lying around and you remember which two total cretins are in charge. Now you literally observe sections of the Mayflower build completely removed clearly not part of any original specification, to allow camera coverage. Take it the local seat occupants will be given suitable compensation obviously for the days Force 8's and rain channel through. You just think WTF. They make it up as they go along clearly

Counter that by they "appear" to be building outside of planning permission "something" at the original Chisolm building location. It cant be changing rooms Bungo can it because that would clearly show you and Brent were lying over the mystical stage 2 corners in future..... Who knows whats occuring but the hard facts are the club cant "construct" anything as for coming up close to a year now planning has not existed  and they twice already have been given dispensation for additional "enablement" only..... They may get away with sneakily laying foundations out of site but they sure as hell wont get away with putting a roof and the rest on to the carcass

Brent can revert to his standard MO blackmail threats towards PCC (we'll leave the carcass just like that) and you have to think its pretty much game on with that utter shyster..... PCC have said in an email to me/us on October 24th that "SWW have completed all their contracted work but Plymouth Argyle have completed as of the last planning review none to date"

If only we had a group like a fans trust or something similar in place like a lot of clubs do to ask pertinent questions. Amazing we dont have one......

Obviously all season ticket sales for 2019/20 (and probably the following season) are out the window for that side of the ground a fact overlooked by virtually everyone on JBsoti
Hallett who I support (for now) has been incredibly quiet I totally agree.

Crunch time for sure.

popcorn

Last edited by harvetheslayer on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 5:34 am

Looking at the images from the Barn Park webcam - a dream I know, but, a new shiny grandstand running the entire length of the Mankflower would look fantastic.

In realty, we're going to do an Oxford, aren't we?

Let's all do an Oxford, let's all do an Oxford, la la la la! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 6:21 am

I laughed at this snippet below when looking at some of the issues surrounding the 3 sided Oxford stadium that "ran out of money" donkey's years ago.... and nobody is willing to put the future of the club in jeopardy". What are they implying ? LOL.    But don't fret, the long awaited car wash now has permission... phew !

Quote :
 The hand car wash is currently operating at the corner Oxford United's ground between the South Stand and the car park end.
But despite being a regular fixture up at the stadium for months Oxford City Council has refused its formal planning application, on the grounds that there are no measures in place to deal with ground water.

It's also a modern stadium with no corners !! .... it would seem that's all the rage.  Who wants corners and 4 sides anyway ?  
Let's all do an Oxford, let's all do an Oxford, la la la la!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

argyl3 wrote:

There is one worker trying to bring down some loss debris swing from the roof.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Club could end up being fined if any of that loose debris hit anyone in the westerly gales we get round here.. Wonder if that has been factored in? all that exposed ancient steel and debris on the ground has me worried..

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 10:56 am

Lets hope the wind do not get up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Club could end up being fined if any of that loose debris hit anyone in the westerly gales we get round here.. Wonder if that has been factored in? all that exposed ancient steel and debris on the ground has me worried..

I do health and safety on building sites for a job.

I have noticed a fair number of non compliance's since this 'project' started.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 pm

I'm hearing whispers that the drainage issue is sorted.

Don't hang me if it isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Good God....333 days.
laugh
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Who is paying for it?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Who is paying for it?

No idea.

I heard no further detail.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 6:22 pm

They're cutting down the steel roof trusses. I half expected them to plonk the new roof on top of those 65 year old rusting trusses with it being pretty much the same as the old roof.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Only a matter of time before the whole lot comes down. It’s quite clear there is no plan for a refurbishment.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Only a matter of time before the whole lot comes down. It’s quite clear there is no plan for a refurbishment.

Do we really need a 4 sided ground? Plenty of room there for a nice shiny Waitrose, save the schlep over to kernow.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

We can but hope
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Silence from Silent Si the community guy, tells me its a three sided ground, which the usual twats will claim is organic sustainable and nearly a football first! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 pm

As Bees, recently said "who needs four sides, anyway"?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Better a 3 sided ground for the interim than be mortgaged to the hilt with a 3/4 length under sized mankover with a tiny roof that only covers half the seats. The abandonment of the mankover will be the best news out of Argo in nearly a decade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

Do we really need a 4 sided ground? Plenty of room there for a nice shiny Waitrose, save the schlep over to kernow.

Plymouth could finally have that john lewis or ikea store its always wanted Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Freathy wrote:
Better a 3 sided ground for the interim than be mortgaged to the hilt with a 3/4 length under sized mankover with a tiny roof that only covers half the seats.  The abandonment of the mankover will be the best news out of Argo in nearly a decade.
Apart from Lord Jim stepping off his throne.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Can some hardy soul not just sabotage the whole thing with some plastic explosive and force them into building something we should have had years ago.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Freathy wrote:
Better a 3 sided ground for the interim than be mortgaged to the hilt with a 3/4 length under sized mankover with a tiny roof that only covers half the seats.  The abandonment of the mankover will be the best news out of Argo in nearly a decade.

What the betting we’ll have a three sided ground AND be mortgaged to the hilt ?
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm

I guess with the steel coming down, someone is trousering the money that the scrap value gets?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next