Punchdrunk
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
Les Miserable
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Poundland losers my arse, I take it you couldn’t have gone, we played well, they were nothing special but good defending, difference was having a quality ex premier, ex international striker in your ranks and that’s it.
This team has turned the corner, first defeat of the season where I haven’t had a monk on walking home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Good game to watch but we lacked that bit extra in the final third to make our chances count. Sunderland's first goal was a worldie yet our defence souldnt have stood off McGeady that much to give him the room and time to strike. The pen looked soft from my angle. We gave it a good go but we never made sunderland too uncomfortable especially as del didnt seem to want to go for it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Thought we were ok, Sunderland on another level to us(as they should be) without being that impressive, if that makes any sense. Only my second game so hard to judge with any real accuracy but think we've got just about enough to stay up, especially if we strengthen in Jan. Match day experience 4/10 jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Wasn't expecting anything out of this one so no complaints about the score.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Couldn't fault the effort or commitment,Sunderland were a bit classier though and passed the ball better than Argyle did when it counted.Difficult afternoon for football,wind swirliing all over the place-not a terrible game under the circumstances.Warning signs were there a few times in the first half,Sunderland were basically restricted to long range stuff but they worked the keeper whereas Argyle didn't and it was asking for trouble to give a player like McGeady time and room to pick his spot,which he duly did with an exquisite 20 yarder into the far corner.To their credit Argyle did respond very well with a header cleared off the line,Freddie going close with a deflected shot just wide and a Carey free kick well saved by the keeper.Argyle had them under the cosh but all hopes were killed off by the penalty,couldn't really see from my end if it was justified or not.Not a bad performance all told but in the final analysis another unwelcome home defeat and very disappointing-genuinely thought Argyle would have got something out of this today.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 7:18 pm

A good first half which could of gone either way. We didnt play like a team in 22 and they didnt play like a team in 2nd. Ladapo and grant both seem to be playing alot better together than they did a few weeks ago.

Second half was a little different. They were very lucky on a few occasions. We had plenty of missed chances from many corners but did not take our chances. If it hadnt been for the odd ankle or hand in the way it could of been a draw.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 7:22 pm

A partisan crowd would've earned a at least a point in a previous era. The lack of atmosphere made it a routine victory for the visitors, who weren't that good. Argo huffed and puffed with some good passing at times but it all lacked any sort of urgency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 10:29 pm

So, after all the oohs and aaahs, the referee was hopeless etc, Argyle lose at home again, this time 2 0, yet apparently a corner has been turned.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Of course we have Bees, into a Cul de sac!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 11:43 pm

it could have been alot worse, was surprised when i looked around half time it was 0-0
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 8:23 am

Thought we played ok. Unlucky but Sunderland were a total unit from tom to bottom.

Ground looks an absolute tip.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Seven goals conceded in the last two home games this squad of poundland losers will relegate the club without a doubt, its whether you trust Adams to get in better or change the manager?
Si's job to repair seven years of shit is massive.

And five of those conceded goals were scored by a team of kids. I have written this season off as we will be relegated without very significant investment in Jan but that investment not be forthcoming. Even if it was we'll probably be so far off safety that the new additions could not prevent the drop. The damage has been done and it's a case of rebuilding in L2 next season.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 9:48 am

Freathy wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Seven goals conceded in the last two home games this squad of poundland losers will relegate the club without a doubt, its whether you trust Adams to get in better or change the manager?
Si's job to repair seven years of shit is massive.

And five of those conceded goals were scored by a team of kids.  I have written this season off as we will be relegated without very significant investment in Jan but that investment not be forthcoming.  Even if it was we'll probably be so far off safety that the new additions could not prevent the drop.  The damage has been done and it's a case of rebuilding in L2 next season.
Three wins in seventeen league games says it all, bring in quality players or get relegated, straight forward choice really.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 10:22 am

Likely promotion team v likely relegation team yesterday the likely promotion team won.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 10:34 am

We won't be relegated.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 10:46 am

I think well just stay up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 am

If we sort out the defence, bring in a winger and another striker we will stay up for sure.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 10:57 am

According to the resident super nerds on a dogshit site, twas the beastly sunderland supporting ref who cost our brave boyz the game. Laughing Laughing Laughing geek Pig
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 11:11 am

Another defeat is another defeat and no help to us as we try to gather the points we need to get out of the mire.

Played much better than we have recently though and if we were to get what we deserved we'd have a point in the bag.

Penalty really did look shockingly soft.

Just what exactly is going with Carey. Not so long ago our tactics were basically "give it to Graham" and EVERYTHING was played through him. Now he's hidden away out on the right wing and barely touches the ball.

Sarcevic. Does anybody think there is something of the rhinocerous about him?

Great effort by the lads behind me to get "Canavan of love" started up as a song.

Every woman every man
Join the Canavan of love
Stand up
Stand up etc

It didn't catch on.

One of the few defeats I've seen this season that I left the ground not too unhappy about. Keep playing like that and we'll be OK.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 11:42 am

We will finish above half way
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:32 pm

PatDunne wrote:
We will finish above half way

Pat Dunne - the anti Freath! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Soft penalty my arse lol
Clattered right into their player penalty all day long
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:13 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Soft penalty my arse lol
Clattered right into their player penalty all day long
Nobody closed down mcready for the first, and the second was a stonewall penalty ffs!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:15 pm

A team that has been put together to be competitive in this league vs a team that hasn't and isn't. You get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Sunland match thread...   Argo v Sunland match thread... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo v Sunland match thread...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next