The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chairman's Update #24

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

Chairman's Update #24 Empty
PostSubject: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 11:48 am

Thank you for the update.

Just a couple of questions.

I have never heard of Supporters Direct ever stopping an election so I would assume it is an unprecedented step they have taken.

So can you tell us what the problem is or was and even what the AFT has done wrong for this to postpone the election?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 1:41 pm

No.

Not because we are being difficult but because SD haven't told us.

The election process is over-seen by the Election Management group who are entirely independent. The EMG is being led by Neil Le Milliere from the Exeter Fans' Trust and whatever the issues are remain within the EMG and SD.

We don't even know how many nominations there have been or who has been nominated or if anybody has been nominated but we assume there must be more than 3 because there's 3 positions up for grabs and were it less we would not need an election at all.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Does Porky know an Exeter fan is overseeing our election?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 1:56 pm

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
No.

The election process is over-seen by the Election Management group who are entirely independent. The EMG is being led by Neil Le Milliere from the Exeter Fans' Trust and whatever the issues are remain within the EMG and SD.

We don't even know how many nominations there have been or who has been nominated or if anybody has been nominated but we assume there must be more than 3 because there's 3 positions up for grabs and were it less we would not need an election at all.

Do you know when they will tell you what the problem is.

Surely the sooner they tell you, the sooner the AFT can sort out the problem if it is their problem to start with?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 2:03 pm

No.

Thanks Frank.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:04 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
No.

Surely the sooner they tell you, the sooner the AFT can sort out the problem if it is their problem to start with?

I don't know what to say... I've told you all I know.

It is all very secret squirrel that's fore shore. For what reason and to what end I can't tell you because I simply don't know.

Speculate away should you wish to but there's little point asking any direct questions of us because we have already told you all we know to date.

When we know more there'll be a statement.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:09 pm

PatDunne wrote:

Only if he reads ATD or if somebody who does has told him.

Neil Le Milliere is a long-time friend of AFT and our Trust and theirs have a good working relationship. Nobody on the AFT board has any qualms about his role. Others, of course, are free to think as they will.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:11 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
No.

It is all very secret squirrel that's fore shore. For what reason and to what end I can't tell you because I simply don't know.

Speculate away should you wish to but there's little point asking any direct questions of us because we have already told you all we know to date.

When we know more there'll be a statement.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:13 pm

PatDunne wrote:

Only if he reads ATD or if somebody who does has told him.

Neil Le Milliere is a long-time friend of AFT and our Trust and theirs have a good working relationship. Nobody on the AFT board has any qualms about his role. Others, of course, are free to think as they will.

An absolute outrage that an Exeter fan is doing this!

Quick someone get the tar and feathers. bounce

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Has anyone actually asked though?  I can't imagine EMG/Supporters Direct are going to say we're not telling you?

Not unless their taking a page out of your book, SFD.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Yes we have asked.

All we know is that there's "irregularities".

That's it.

So they are taking a page out of your playbook...
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 8:55 pm

The trust under foale is an abomination, my membership expires in the new year and from that point on I'll be making no further comment on the plodding, nodding donkey. That time can't come soon enough.....for both parties I'd imagine raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 6:52 am

Les Miserable wrote:
The trust under foale is an abomination, my membership expires in the new year and from that point on I'll be making no further comment on the plodding, nodding donkey. That time can't come soon enough.....for both parties I'd imagine  raised eyebrow

Am not honestly sure why they bother in the first place sadly. They didnt exist as far as Brent was concerned and can hardly see an improvement under Hallett.
How about the trust ask a simple question as to why the club still dont have planning permission for this carbuncle of a refurb. Doubtless afraid to ask
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 9:57 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
The trust under foale is an abomination, my membership expires in the new year and from that point on I'll be making no further comment on the plodding, nodding donkey. That time can't come soon enough.....for both parties I'd imagine  raised eyebrow

Am not honestly sure why they bother in the first place sadly. They didnt exist as far as Brent was concerned and can hardly see an improvement under Hallett.
How about the trust ask a simple question as to why the club still dont have planning permission for this carbuncle of a refurb. Doubtless afraid to ask

Exactly Harve. Bob wears his critical friend badge on his vest under his undershirt, tank top and jacket. He's another extension of the clubs media outlet, what did he say the other night on Spotlight? Summat like, "whilst fans are understandably disappointed with the start to the season I'm sure we are all pulling the same direction." Wow Brent was stinging from that critical but friendly attack. Waste of time.
I've literally just renewed my membership in the hope his arse will be booted come the next election.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 1:53 am

Guys, I really wouldn’t say the Trust has no relevance. The work done on the ACV was the result of a lot of hard graft. There was also the challenge on the hybrid application which did us no good with the hierarchy. I’m no longer on the committee but it’s fair to say plenty of feathers have been rustled in recent times.

I must have done something really bad to piss IJN off because I responded to something on PASOTI this week and he basically responded with quite an insulting retort. Don’t care to be honest but never knew he felt that way. I thought our dealings were always quite civil...but there you go. He said he was glad I’m not the Chair anymore. Well we must have been doing something right to have pissed someone off like that.

Bizarre.

I haven’t responded yet.....not sure it’s worth the hassle.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 6:46 am

You are either a threat or someone he can't control..........
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:18 am

I've printed off 50 copies and put them in the bin without reading them.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Guys, I really wouldn’t say the Trust has no relevance. The work done on the ACV was the result of a lot of hard graft. There was also the challenge on the hybrid application which did us no good with the hierarchy. I’m no longer on the committee but it’s fair to say plenty of feathers have been rustled in recent times.

I must have done something really bad to piss IJN off because I responded to something on PASOTI this week and he basically responded with quite an insulting retort. Don’t care to be honest but never knew he felt that way. I thought our dealings were always quite civil...but there you go. He said he was glad I’m not the Chair anymore. Well we must have been doing something right to have pissed someone off like that.

Bizarre.

I haven’t responded yet.....not sure it’s worth the hassle.

Nool hates anyone not on his side of the tracks ie JB good, fans baaaaad. The Trust under Abob has turned into a nodding donkey. The Spotlight interview was a clear attempt not to rock the Argyle boat. Plenty of opportunity to point out the shortcomings of the club both on and off the field yet we get the same old waffle we have come to expect from him. Critical friend my arse.
I have just renewed my membership in the hope that we can change direction, paying a tenner a year to pat the club on the back is a load of wank.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 1:21 am

Elias wrote:
You are either a threat or someone he can't control..........

I have certainly never wanted to be a threat to anyone, just always did what I thought to be right at the time. Was I always right? No. But I stand by every action taken during my time as Chair of the AFT.

But to your second point, I absolutely was NOT able to be controlled. Within about an hour of us releasing details that the Trust were challenging the hybrid planning application, he was texting me asking who’d ‘put me up to it’. I made it perfectly clear NO ONE puts me up to anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman's Update #24   Chairman's Update #24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chairman's Update #24
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: