akagreengull
harvetheslayer
Jethro
RegGreen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman Empty
PostSubject: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Standard puff piece by Errington where Brent is allowed to say exactly what he wants without question or criticism but this quote made me spit my tea out.

Brent wrote:

What triggered the change at this point was that we needed to raise additional cash for the new grandstand.

“I was down to just over 50 per cent so if I didn’t take up my full allocation of shares I would have been diluted down to a minority position, and I didn’t want to put additional money into the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Don’t seem to be no comments section from the herald on this one lol
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Standard puff piece by Errington where Brent is allowed to say exactly what he wants without question or criticism but this quote made me spit my tea out.

Brent wrote:

What triggered the change at this point was that we needed to raise additional cash for the new grandstand.

“I was down to just over 50 per cent so if I didn’t take up my full allocation of shares I would have been diluted down to a minority position, and I didn’t want to put additional money into the club.

Here's a question, Did you ever ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 3:46 pm

"I’m remaining on the board for the foreseeable future"

WHAAAAAT?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Vomit worthy from Brent the biggest shyster ever to walk the Argyle turf
No comments allowable lol I wonder why

Chris Errington crawling up Brents ringpiece as per usual
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 4:11 pm

As Hallett has clearly stated Hugh, nothing much will be changing. Different arse in the chair, same policy, same mankover, same mortgage, same manager probably, up or down, and, newell will still be getting his access. You're all getting in front of yourselves.
It's not just Brent, it's Brentism that's the problem, and Hallett has been quite happy with that for 2 years, as long as he has a safe house for his "family money". It could be a mirror image, we don't know.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 4:33 pm

This is Akagreengull in his own words :
"Feck off Brent and take your shit ideas and wannabee followers with you".
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 4:42 pm

To quote greengull.

Thanks for a 7 year dynasty of austerity and underachievment.

And from me

F*** off and never darken our door again.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 5:02 pm

I’ve read that article and for me, that basically reads that as soon as Hallett says the word, Brent will almost delightedly offload his 30% and be off up the road.

In the position we’re in at the minute, there’s bound to be some anxious conversations happening in and around the Boardroom. With that in mind, and the fact I reckon Hallett to be a more pro-active Chairman, I’m pretty confident Brent will be history in the not too distant future.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 5:18 pm

The big question is when Jimmy finally skips up the road for the last time with his big bag of cash, who gets custody of the Cornish Poodle?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Cornish Pit Poodle.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 5:20 pm

I'd still like to know what Felwick found that made him run away.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm

I'd still like to know what Felwick found that made him run away.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Brent has to stay on to 'look after the family money' not the club then.....
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Well he is using the "family money" to fund the ice rink (shed). laugh
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 8:09 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Has a revised planning App actually gone in for that, do we know?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 11:07 pm

A good question maybe one for Harve.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 12:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Has a revised planning App actually gone in for that, do we know?

Nothing here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 3:23 am

akagreengull wrote:
A good question maybe one for Harve.

No lol but is anyone surprised.  Walter Mitty was never going to build hotels office blocks gyms vets but doubtless he never actually even intended to in the first place just a smokescreen for his other dubious activities.
Thought he might actually have built this ice shed but he was never going to use "family money" the utter shyster only ever uses other peoples cash
Going back to mid April he was at one of those "gentleman club meets" where they meet other "business" personal (in Brent case in the loosest possible terms) because a finance professional I know was there and Brent was trying to raise £13.25 million. I was asked (at the time) not to mention it until further down the line so as not to compromise him but clearly Brent was active trying to obtain financing back then.
Doubtless nobody would touch him with a bargepole it seems, probably even the TSB would chuck him outa the office rather than loan him two grand for a second hand car
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 6:29 am

akagreengull wrote:

He won't spend a penny lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 6:53 am

I wonder if the council have twigged yet he has no intention whatsoever of personally building an ice shed, none whatsoever.  I particularly chuckled when he said it would be loss making. No shit.
I'm assuming the "family money" he refers to on occasion is the proceeds from his pavilions deals. He does make it sound as if he were spending the weekly family food money, bless his dear community soul.

I see the ice arena in Cardiff is putting on a professional darts thing/circus in December. How does Phil Taylor throw darts on ice ? scratch Can't wait for the first music event.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 8:41 am

Still no comments allowed in the Errorington Erald - I wonder why? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 8:51 am

beesrus wrote:
I wonder if the council have twigged yet he has no intention whatsoever of personally building an ice shed, none whatsoever.  I particularly chuckled when he said it would be loss making. No shit.
I'm assuming the "family money" he refers to on occasion is the proceeds from his pavilions deals. He does make it sound as if he were spending the weekly family food money, bless his dear community soul.

I see the ice arena in Cardiff is putting on a professional darts thing/circus in December. How does Phil Taylor throw darts on ice ? scratch Can't wait for the first music event.

The ice isn't there all the time you know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:52 pm

It's ok Hugh, I was joshing, and of course, referencing the worry with an ice shed in the park that is bound to fail financially. What does it morph into ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:11 pm

I'm surprised they aren't trying to bung either a skate park or a tennis centre there. Both seem to popping up everywhere at the moment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman   James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent in his own words on stepping down as chairman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next