Yea Man
John1cup
Big Robby
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Robby

Drakes Island up for sale Empty
PostSubject: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 5:02 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-45856719

So Dan is selling Drakes Island for £6m I wonder if James Brent has already phoned the council to see if they can help him buy it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 5:13 pm

All part of getting him out of the club. When he acquired it, it was 250K. This is the sort of thing that encourages speculators to hook up with football clubs and city councils. And it's all legal.
Back to top Go down
John1cup

John1cup

PostSubject: Brent’s new project    Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-45856719

Something else he might be interested in after the Argyle fuckcluster
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Bet he still wouldn't build anything on it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm

We have a thread for this story in zoo corner
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 8:26 pm

The island should belong to the people of Plymouth - feckin luxury hotel bollox.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Should deffo revert to a prison, why should our poor crims have to travel to channings wood or exeter? And hopping on a ferry for a visit would be a great day out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Dan bought it for 384k from the crown estates, not sure why the council or Argyle get referenced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Best not to comment then.
Next, you'll be saying brent's "rescue" of Argyle wasn't a joint enterprise with the city council.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 pm

I'm failing to see the link between Dan selling Drakes Island and getting Brent out of HP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:46 pm

beesrus wrote:
Next, you'll be saying brent's "rescue" of Argyle wasn't a joint enterprise with the city council.

At times your arrogance is breathtaking but mostly tedious, I was merely correcting your statement that MaCauley bought Drakes Island for 250k, he didn’t, he also bought it from the Crown Estates and the PCC were not involved, as you implied they were, what’s difficult to understand about that without trying to deflect your erroneous statement to another completely different subject matter.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Graiser wrote:
Dan bought it for 384k from the crown estates, not sure why the council or Argyle get referenced.

Nobody in their right mind would, but look who is the OP...
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Rickler wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Why look at me? It was a joke referencing Argyle and the council as James Brent is supposed to be cap in hand at PCC regularly saying they should help financially
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Don't worry Robby, Rickler is swinging wildly and isn't the most accurate. He actually thinks I started this thread. He's a clutz.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Why look at me? It was a joke referencing Argyle and the council as James Brent is supposed to be cap in hand at PCC regularly saying they should help financially

My sincere apologies.. I meant to refer to the wacko conspiracy theorist that is Beesrus.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Rickler wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Graiser wrote:

My sincere apologies..  I meant to refer to the wacko conspiracy theorist that is Beesrus.

No problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

At times your arrogance is breathtaking but mostly tedious, I was merely correcting your statement that MaCauley bought Drakes Island for 250k, he didn’t, he also bought it from the Crown Estates and the PCC were not involved, as you implied  they were, what’s difficult to understand about that without trying to deflect your erroneous statement to another completely different subject matter.

Nit picking, but you may well be nearer the amout than I. You'll find PCC were involved in the process as of course certain permissive implications had to be forthcoming before Dan would bite. They were mere understandings but swayed Dan, and of course the council have finally come up trumps for the dear old thing, hence the hugely profitable sale. So much for argyle owners not making any money out of their connections with argyle. Wrong again Rickler.  Just look at the current myriad of complications and nods between PCC and Brent across the city. Dan was desperate to get out but not that desperate. It was reported several times in the rag. It'll be in their archives if you're that concerned.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 am

Don't you just love a three way Rickler/Bees/Graiser square up on a Monday morning, who said work on a Monday morning is ever dull? lol!

Hey it's a whole new week remember!
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 am

If anyone was daft enough to lend Brent the money for it then it would stay as it already has for a number of years. Disused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 6:39 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

At times your arrogance is breathtaking but mostly tedious, I was merely correcting your statement that MaCauley bought Drakes Island for 250k, he didn’t, he also bought it from the Crown Estates and the PCC were not involved, as you implied  they were, what’s difficult to understand about that without trying to deflect your erroneous statement to another completely different subject matter.

Nit picking, but you may well be nearer the amout than I. You'll find PCC were involved in the process as of course certain permissive implications had to be forthcoming before Dan would bite. They were mere understandings but swayed Dan, and of course the council have finally come up trumps for the dear old thing, hence the hugely profitable sale. So much for argyle owners not making any money out of their connections with argyle. Wrong again Rickler.  Just look at the current myriad of complications and nods between PCC and Brent across the city. Dan was desperate to get out but not that desperate. It was reported several times in the rag. It'll be in their archives if you're that concerned.

I think a shortfall of circa 100k is anything but nit picking. PCC were not involved in the selling process as they didn’t own the island, the only involvement for PCC was planning approval and that’s taken 20 Bleddy years!
Maybe one day you’ll have the balls to fes up and agree you got it wrong but I’ll not hold my breath on that one.

Now I don’t see Rickler amongst the addressees so not sure why you’ve included him in your response and once again referred to Argyle, Brent and the PCC, you need to shape up a bit pal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm failing to see the link between Dan selling Drakes Island and getting Brent out of HP?

That’s confused me as well, maybe the bee will enlighten us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 pm

As you well know gaffer, enlightenment is a personal path. I suggest it's not for me to guide you. Hope that's not too arrogant of me in some way.
You don't believe me as to the reason Dan bought god forsaken Drakes Island at that time ? You believe it was just an impulse buy on a whim just as he was being hounded out of HP ?  Very Happy Fine. You believe what you want gaffer, and you too, LA pond hopper, with your intimate knowledge of muff goings on and politics..  Oh, and I think possibly West devon's finest hounds have just joined in. Cripes, how will I cope with Earwig's horn too. It's become a regular meet these days. LOL

Oh, and one more thing, the final revisited amended permission for Dan on Drakes island last year had nothing to do with the Barbican stand off disaster with Sutton Harbour Holdings, where Dan's still one of the main shareholding stags. Of course not. Move along, nothing to see here. I'm amazed you lot have actually twigged what the brent thing has all been about, or have you ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 8:14 pm

As I thought, no admission of getting it wrong, just the usual nonsense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 pm

I told you I mixed up the quarter million asking price with the final sale price, that's all. Big deal. The main issue is the purchase WAS connected to the fans for fans takeover. You have it wrong, in fact I would suggest you are visiting this transaction in hindsight for the very first time. I am not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

There is no link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drakes Island up for sale   Drakes Island up for sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Drakes Island up for sale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next