Greenskin
Tgwu
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Headless chicken according to brent's chauffeur.

He was at times to be fair. Still a good player for us none the less. Clearly having a manager who got him to work on his end product and bag some goals worked well for him.

One man's 'headless chicken' is another's ' Deceptively fast over 10 yards, attacked the ball, attacked the opposition, attacked the game.' Made 60 appearances in the PL too.

that was with another team not here. Here he had very little end product to all his hard work same with Norris too. Both went on to bigger and better things at better run clubs which says it all about our level of expectations here

Make your mind up ffs. Neither player would have been signed by bigger clubs if they weren't any good with us. Mackie was always as Bees described. Even at QPR he was the same but couldn't set up or finish often enough. What we'd give for the headless chicken in his prime right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 6:41 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
beesrus wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

The campaign against Adams by the Modpack seems organised, looks like the Brown nosing of Adams at the recent Cornish love in by the regular Nosers, has now turned into a back stabbing frenzy by the same ones who were fully supportive a couple weeks ago. lol! lol! lol!

They all deserve each other, including the 5 year contract manager .. Couldn't be happening to a more deserving regime. Perfect timing.

An its that 5 year contract thats going to stop brent and probably hallett too from sacking him as he is going to cost a bomb to payoff but its their fault for offering him a new deal wen he had years to run on his previous contract.

Director of football also. lol!

brexit will be easier to negotiate then getting that stubborn jock to accept a pay off thats less than the full wack.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

He was at times to be fair. Still a good player for us none the less. Clearly having a manager who got him to work on his end product and bag some goals worked well for him.

One man's 'headless chicken' is another's ' Deceptively fast over 10 yards, attacked the ball, attacked the opposition, attacked the game.' Made 60 appearances in the PL too.

that was with another team not here. Here he had very little end product to all his hard work same with Norris too. Both went on to bigger and better things at better run clubs which says it all about our level of expectations here

Make your mind up ffs. Neither player would have been signed by bigger clubs if they weren't any good with us. Mackie was always  as Bees described. Even at QPR he was the same but couldn't set up or finish often enough. What we'd give for the headless chicken in his prime right now.

I saw Mackies debut which I think was v Cardiff at home. Skinny or someone without a crap football memory will correct me if wrong but I think we were 3 1 down Luggy bought Mackie on as a sub who made two mazey runs, beat all opposition and belted home two cracking goals. I immediately thought feck me we have a player here, bit raw but undeniably a talent. Nool who was well into his Exeweb chief troll role at the time branded him a headless chicken and made other remarks like " I could never support a City player" and the rest is history. When Mackie was sold he was one of if not the best player we had. Anyone can check the stats if they disbelieve me.
Back to top Go down
Ronnie Mauge's Gun

Ronnie Mauge's Gun

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Who is this cockwomble Biggs from the farm? Loves the sound of his own voice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Make your mind up ffs. Neither player would have been signed by bigger clubs if they weren't any good with us. Mackie was always  as Bees described. Even at QPR he was the same but couldn't set up or finish often enough. What we'd give for the headless chicken in his prime right now.

never thought i'd see the day when tringreen defend the club Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Think it was Barnsley when Mackie made his debut? Might've even been rained off?

Still.

Auld Derricks doing a gr8 job of trying to get himself sacked I'd say
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:54 pm

It does look like something extra-curricular (financially) is going to have to happen if we're going to survive this year.

Regardless of whether Adams budget was shit, he's over-achieved on a shit budget for 3 years. It was only a matter of time before equilibrium comes to the fore, and sure enough, he's brought in a truckload of duffers.

Under Brent, Adams job would be cast iron safe regardless of him relegating us year after year. We have to hope that either Hallett bites the bullet and pays him off handsomely, or, if Hallett chooses to keep faith, then he needs to back Adams to put it right in January....a massive risk.

Adams style will never be a ringer for Cruyff. Total Football it ain't. But when you're at the right end of the league churning out results it's acceptable. Conversely, scrapping along the bottom of Div3 with even your gifted players looking little better than the rest of the dross in green shirts, shorely can't be allowed to continue for much longer?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:00 pm

So basically Hallett needs to back him or sack him, seems a realistic stark choice with Nov 1st looming fast.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
So basically Hallett needs to back him or sack him, seems a realistic stark choice with Nov 1st looming fast.

the question is with his track record of signing shite without money, would you trust him to spend money on some decent players,

seeing as he didn't want to give Bradley and oscar the money they wanted to stay,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:48 pm

No joke - that was surrender with bells on, now I think we are really fcked!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm sure DA's contract will not be "you're here for five years whatever happens"

Where Mr Mourinho's contract will have reduced compo for not qualifying for Europe, DA's will have a relegation/league position clause, something like being bottom of the League after 15 games means a much reduced payoff
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Mook wrote:
Think it was Barnsley when Mackie made his debut? Might've even been rained off?

Still.

Pretty sure it wasnt Barnsley remember that well, we were getting tonked 4 1 I think I he ball wouldn't travel further than 4" with a full Welly behind it. Got called off on about 68 minutes and we won the replay. We were proper shite and on the downside at the time. Remember everyone singing call it off all it off and treating it like a victory when the ref did.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Jethro wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

the question is with his track record of signing shite without money, would you trust him to spend money on some decent players,

seeing as he didn't want to give Bradley and oscar the money they wanted to stay,

What a cock-eyed, nonsensical argument. How do you know that Adams didn't want to keep those two players and anyway are you not contradicting yourself by stating that Adams has a record of signing shite, then lamenting the loss of two players who were signed by.........Adams. In the press earlier this season, Adams categorically stated that he tried two sign two players in Naismith and O'Hara who were eventually signed by Peterborough after being out of Argyle's price range. Just look at the league table and ask yourself if the roles of Argyle and Peterborough could have been reversed had Adams budget been competitive [which is the very least it should be bearing in mind the discrepancy in gates of the two clubs] with that of Evans.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Mook wrote:

Still.

Pretty sure it wasnt Barnsley remember that well, we were getting tonked 4 1 I think I he ball wouldn't travel further than 4" with a full Welly behind it. Got called off on about 68 minutes and we won the replay. We were proper shite and on the downside at the time. Remember everyone singing call it off all it off and treating it like a victory when the ref did.

It was definitely Barnsley but not the rained off game. Mackie came on as sub and scored twice, I think the score was 4-1 to Argyle and it was an evening game-Mackie was one of Sturrock mk2's better signings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I'm sure DA's contract will not be "you're here for five years whatever happens"

Where Mr Mourinho's contract will have reduced compo for not qualifying for Europe, DA's will have a relegation/league position clause,  something like being bottom of the League after 15 games means a much reduced payoff

Most savvy clubs would do something sensible like that but brent doesnt give me the impression that he would do such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Mook wrote:

Still.

It was definitely Barnsley but not the rained off game. Mackie came on as sub and scored twice, I think the score was 4-1 to Argyle and it was an evening game-Mackie was one of Sturrock mk2's better signings.

Cheers fella, I was almost right cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 am

Mackie came on as a sub on his debut and scored after 11 seconds a club record
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:13 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I've gone for Oxford 2 Argo 0 on predictions as we have to face Nelse at set pieces and Jamie Mackie up front and can see both scoring.

UNBELIEVABLE JEFF !!!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:15 am

Ronnie Mauge's Gun wrote:
Who is this cockwomble Biggs from the farm? Loves the sound of his own voice!
Reckons little Akkeron argo are out of their depth in the third division, too many big clubs like Rochdale around.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Carey apologises.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:17 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Mook wrote:

Still.

remember it well they played a unfit Timar tbf he shouldn’t have even been on the pitch every time they ran at him they seemed cruise past him finally took him off at HT..and you know the rest what happened
Back to top Go down
Ronnie Mauge's Gun

Ronnie Mauge's Gun

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ill just leave this here, yesterday's match!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Ronnie Mauge's Gun wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ill just leave this here, yesterday's match!

Can you imagine anything worse then having to sit on that bus?
I would rather cut my own balls of with a rusty razor blade.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Oh well, Argyle sink back to the foot of the table and it is so depressing to see, it really is. I was hoping that the start of the season would have been better than this, how wrong I am there.

Something has got to give soon, whether that be the team gelling and playing ok football, or Adams getting sacked, or Adams resigning (the latter two are highly unlikely, so we await the team to gel and get on with it).

The next two games will be interesting encounters and Argyle have got to grab the bull by the horns in both fixtures. Anything less and the flak will grow louder.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 3:48 pm

All aboard the piss bus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford v Argyle   Oxford v Argyle - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford v Argyle
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next