Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3509
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:31 am

seadog wrote:
Perhaps he can't believe the shite he is uncovering.

Yep no one here will be surprised thats for sure
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4348
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:13 am

Greenlander wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I hope it's administration this season and not next.  We're down anyway and I wouldn't want to to be -10 points next season in L2 with this dog shit team.

A points deduction for administration will be deferred for a season if the club would have been relegated anyway. It closed a loophole that a couple of teams used in the past of going into admin after being mathematically relegated.

There's surely no way this team can get eleven points clear of the bottom four so if it were to come to pass then it would be next season. And possibly more for a second offence.

So eeee who saved uzzz could very well be responsible for getting us ejected from the football league and possibly worse.

No wonder webb bailed out too
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 8018
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:25 am

Let’s not get carried away here. Going into Administration in the Championship, paying 87% of turnover as salaries, is one thing.

We’re averaging 9,000 and paying generally poor salaries to most of the squad and are somewhere in the region of 40-45% wages to turnover ratio, having turned an actual small profit last year.

Admin talk is a bit silly.

Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
avatar

Posts : 764
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:27 am

I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!

_______________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 9208
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 am

P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 675
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 am

zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.

Are you Kentish green on PASOTI?
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 9208
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:59 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 8018
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:13 am

zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.

Generalisations like that only serve to weaken your argument, Zypher.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:38 am

zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.

Alright, and like everything being discussed here, it's a big hypothetical 'if' cos who knows what the future brings but if that 'if' were to pass then the last seven years would be more than just a waste, they'd have ben the most pointless seasons in our entire history.

So keeping the 'ifs' going we might as well have gone under and started again at whatever level the FA dumped us because (another 'if' coming) I reckon we'd be a Fooball League team by now, stronger and more united than what we've got now.

Just a thought like.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
avatar

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 59
Location : @ sea or @home

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:59 am

happy halloween, perhaps we will know more then.

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 9208
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 am

Greenlander wrote:
zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.

Alright, and like everything being discussed here, it's a big hypothetical 'if' cos who knows what the future brings but if that 'if' were to pass then the last seven years would be more than just a waste, they'd have ben the most pointless seasons in our entire history.

So keeping the 'ifs' going we might as well have gone under and started again at whatever level the FA dumped us because (another 'if' coming) I reckon we'd be a Fooball League team by now, stronger and more united than what we've got now.

Just a thought like.


Not a completely wasted 7 years....a day out at Wembley was interesting......obviously not interesting enough for the team to turn up....but that's life.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4825
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Let’s not get carried away here. Going into Administration in the Championship, paying 87% of turnover as salaries, is one thing.

We’re averaging 9,000 and paying generally poor salaries to most of the squad and are somewhere in the region of 40-45% wages to turnover ratio, having turned an actual small profit last year.

Admin talk is a bit silly.  


Spot on. The other thing was when we went into admin we had no cash whatsover, I don't think thats a problem today, talk of admin is unhelpful
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4462
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:39 am

zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.
You've not been to Home Park in thirty five years, thats pretty negative.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4462
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:42 am

seadog wrote:
Perhaps he can't believe the shite he is uncovering.
Dave's had a whiff of whats been going on and he wants Si, to sort it out if he can! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 9208
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:43 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.
You've not been to Home Park in thirty five years, thats pretty negative.


Incorrect as usual....why should you change the habit of a life time.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2993
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:46 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Let’s not get carried away here. Going into Administration in the Championship, paying 87% of turnover as salaries, is one thing.

We’re averaging 9,000 and paying generally poor salaries to most of the squad and are somewhere in the region of 40-45% wages to turnover ratio, having turned an actual small profit last year.

Admin talk is a bit silly.  


Spot on. The other thing was when we went into admin we had no cash whatsover, I don't think thats a problem today, talk of admin is unhelpful

Whether Zippy and the other gratefuls like it or not when you get a hole somewhere it gets filled up with shite. PAFC is like a huge hole with a FOOKIN great vacuum at the bottom of it at present. Bar small leaks from the grateful gaggers on the farm and a couple of webcams showing very little progress on a supposedly £6.5m project the silence is deafening. Project after project has stalled the board has been shuffled then at the last minute shuffled again yet still feck all happens. With the fag packet accounts how do we know that Brent hasn't managed to rack up debts to the tune of £10m in his seven year tenure with feck all accounts to prove or disprove it?
Admin talk may well cause the club to break its ridiculous silence of the last few years have they never heard of leaks?
I am convinced there are huge cans of wriggling worms in the board room being opened as we speak, admin may be fanciful but someone has a cheesy helmet I can smell it from here.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4462
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:46 am

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.
You've not been to Home Park in thirty five years, thats pretty negative.


Incorrect as usual....why should you change the habit of a life time.
Really according to your leader on Nooloti its True, unless you think the Chubby Cornishman would lie ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 7088
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Let’s not get carried away here. Going into Administration in the Championship, paying 87% of turnover as salaries, is one thing.

We’re averaging 9,000 and paying generally poor salaries to most of the squad and are somewhere in the region of 40-45% wages to turnover ratio, having turned an actual small profit last year.

Admin talk is a bit silly.  


Spot on. The other thing was when we went into admin we had no cash whatsover, I don't think thats a problem today, talk of admin is unhelpful

Agree.

Have a word with yourselves (not Czarcs and Hugh, obvs).

If we know anything reliable about the last few years it is that the FL slavishly enforces SCMP and that Brent had no will to find away around a strict interpretation of the rules.

On top of that we now that we have had unbudgeted income pour in from all directions.

We know we are competing mostly against teams with far smaller crowds than we get whereas in the CCC we were competing with clubs who got far bigger crowds.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that we are heading for another administration.

If we are then Brent, or somebody else, must have been rinsing very big sums of money out of the club on a basically criminal and industrial scale. Now while that is obviously possible I'd like to think it is beyond highly unlikely and if true Brent will be remembered as the biggest cowboy and/or criminal ever to be associated with the club. Bar none.

I just can't see it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2807
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am

One things fore shore, if ever there was another threat of something untoward happening, Tony Wrathall wouldn't be the one to step down for personal reasons. His desire to remain in a director's box is only superseded by one person.
Clearly there is something that Felwick doesn't fancy, and I guess the worst  will be clearing up the undoubted mess of Brent's selfish hybrid planning ruse that Felwick didn't approve of. Who wants that sort of hassle in your retirement. One other possibility is Felwick doesn't approve of Hallett's solutions either.


Last edited by beesrus on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4462
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am

A would be chairman bailing at the last minute tells me something at the Brentihad is very wrong, the club could well be for whatever reason in the finacial shite, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2993
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am

zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!


Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.

What a load of nonsense in which you conveniently forget that loads of the posters you slag off here support the team week in, week out, home and away unlike you who catches the odd London match.
Anyway the is a huge blank space under this post for you to fill with your positive thoughts to cheer us and the team up,




























Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 7088
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:54 am

Could be Felwick came back expecting Brent's 30% to be a staging post on his way out. Brent then digs his heels in and decides to stay and Felwick says "sod this for a game of soldiers" and decides not to return.

I don't know but it would be odd for someone to leave a board and then return to what is essentially the same board.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2807
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:55 am

I think it's the direction plotted. Felwick jumped with others when he didn't fancy Brent's plans, and now Hallett says little will change, and more importantly actually means exactly that. Sometimes the most obvious reason is the right one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2993
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Could be Felwick came back expecting Brent's 30% to be a staging post on his way out. Brent then digs his heels in and decides to stay and Felwick says "sod this for a game of soldiers" and decides not to return.

I don't know but it would be odd for someone to leave a board and then return to what is essentially the same board.

Funny you should say that my feeling is that Hallett has forced Brent out as the rumours suggested. I think Brent is now trying his best to keep in there and to do that he must have some kind of leverage. Again boardroom leaks are needed.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 7088
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:59 am

beesrus wrote:
I think it's the direction plotted. Felwick jumped with others when he didn't fancy Brent's plans, and now Hallett says little will change, and more importantly actually means exactly that. Sometimes the most obvious reason is the right one.

Yep. That's why I'm going for a straight personality clash.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   

Back to top Go down
 
Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman
Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: