Coxside_Green
#SHITARTIST
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now Empty
PostSubject: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Royal British Legion has joined forces with several football teams over the past few years to create bespoke poppy pin badges.

However, despite it's military background Plymouth has never had one - until now.

Previously it was only teams in England’s top tier that would have the badges made, detailing the iconic Legion poppy alongside the club emblem.

Over the last year or so the Royal British Legion has expanded the design into some lower league clubs and finally Plymouth Argyle has been included.
Carole Arnold, who is from the South Devon branch of Royal British Legion, arranged to have these distinctive souvenirs created especially.

And they certainly are special as only 6,000 have been made.

The first of the limited edition run went on sale at Home Park this weekend but the unique poppy pins can also be bought from the Royal British Legion Pop-in Centre on Mayflower Street/Armada Way.

As the Royal British Legion is charity that runs on donations there is no set price for the lapel pins, but the Legion have a suggested a very reasonable donation of £3.

Read more here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm

how much is going to the legion and how much is going to the club seeing as its their trademark badge on the poppy?
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:29 pm

im sure the Trust will help out
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Angry wrote:
how much is going to the legion and how much is going to the club seeing as its their trademark badge on the poppy?

I find out tomorrow I am in the British Legion shop,
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Wasn't there a previous poppy scandal, Brent charging for poppies on backs of shirts or something? Until we're a football 1st and nothing but football matters club I won't be indulging in sidelines, no matter how worthy. I just don't trust anyone connected to Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:

I find out tomorrow I am in the British Legion shop,

Excellent please do Smile
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Wasn't there a previous poppy scandal, Brent charging for poppies on backs of shirts or something?  Until we're a football 1st and nothing but football matters club I won't be indulging in sidelines, no matter how worthy.  I just don't trust anyone connected to Argyle.

The trust had to pay Brent (i think £20,000) to put the poppy on the shirts.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:09 pm

That's the one, the club is now tainted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 8:39 am

Its all here, a load of waffle that mentions the fact that Argyle have indirectly taken money from a charity in passing near the end.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm

The sacked chauffeur will even use this to massage his ego and try and scrape a few more pennies out of people, he really has no shame.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Up to date on the poppy badge, The British legion had sold out of their first batch, some fans were in the shop buying up to 20 at a time. They will be having more in but the majority of them will be at the Argyle superstore. Because of legal reason Argyle cannot advertise them. all money from the sale of the poppy will be going to the Legion.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Tgwu wrote:
all money from the sale of the poppy will be going to the Legion.

What about all the money from the sale of the Argyle crest attached to the poppy?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 4:36 pm

I already support the Royal British Legion with my excellent and vociferous chanting at their events.

GIMME AN RRRRRRR

(RRRR)

GIMME AN OOOOH

(OHHH)

GIMME A Y

(Y)

COS I ASKED YOU TO FCAL
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 4:43 pm

according to the full timer at the BL today all the money from the badges will go to BL(but you always get someone making money out of a good cause which they filter into a different cause)
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 4:55 pm

I bought four and bunged a score in the tin, very nice badges, much better than the pootball variety.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 pm

I wonder how long before the farm produce a PASOTI version?!

Over to auction........

laugh lol!
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I wonder how long before the farm produce a PASOTI version?!

Over to auction........

laugh lol!

If it's anything like his ridiculous knock off Chinook badges the poppy will look like a sunflower.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Up to date on the poppy badge, The British legion had sold out of their first batch, some fans were in the shop buying up to 20 at a time. They will be having more in but the majority of them will be at the Argyle superstore. Because of legal reason Argyle cannot advertise them. all money from the sale of the poppy will be going to the Legion.

thanks tgwu.

Buying 20 of those pins seems ridiculous in my eyes but as is for a good cause i can look the other way but those fools buying them in batches must know there is no market to sell them on.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

thanks tgwu.

Buying 20 of those pins seems ridiculous in my eyes but as is for a good cause i can look the other way but those fools buying them in batches must know there is no market to sell them on.

No look right at the self righteous twat. The RBL thing is charity, Nool is piggybacking a very decent charity to benifit Brent\Gardner\Hallett\gts\PAFC but mainly to keep his public profile up and desperately hope for some recognition from his elders and betters. It's shameful behaviour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

thanks tgwu.

No look right at the self righteous twat. The RBL thing is charity, Nool is piggybacking a very decent charity to benifit Brent\Gardner\Hallett\gts\PAFC but mainly to keep his public profile up and desperately hope for some recognition from his elders and betters. It's shameful behaviour.

It is i agree, i bought one from the club shop today (money went into the poppy tin not club tills i might add) and there were literally a box full of the badges there so this panic buying shit from spongers is wasteful as no one will struggle to get one if they so wish.

plus you can buy these via the legion online very soon if not already so why nool is buying and selling them on is pointless in my eyes as if these people want onebadly then they could go straight to the source not via a middle man and their p/p costs go to the legion aswell.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Here you are angry

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Here you are angry

excellent cheers tgwu, must have just updated as it wasn't up this morning but i knew it would be very soon.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Delivery costs more than the badge.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Taken from AFC

In the newton Abbot royal british legion we have 150 plymouth argyle poppy pin badges

Address: 2 Marsh Rd, Newton Abbot TQ12 2AP
Phone: 01626 353494

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Wasn't there a previous poppy scandal, Brent charging for poppies on backs of shirts or something?  Until we're a football 1st and nothing but football matters club I won't be indulging in sidelines, no matter how worthy.  I just don't trust anyone connected to Argyle.

The trust had to pay Brent (i think £20,000) to put the poppy on the shirts.

The Trust did not pay a penny for anything.

Not one.

Zilch.

Nada.

Zip.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now   Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now Empty

Back to top Go down

Limited Edition Plymouth Argyle poppy pins on sale now
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next