Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Muppets v Wombles match thread...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11120
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:14 pm

GOOD WIN Very Happy not a convincing win but a good and very much needed win none the less which is the most important thing here.

Ladapo header should mask over how shit he is at shooting (he scored a header for those who werent there) if we were up against a more savvy team they would have punished us more so for our errors but luckliy argyle remember how crap jarvis is up front aswell.

Macey made a awesome save in the second half which i hope highlight reels show as it needs to be seen.

Over all we got our first win lets hope it leads to more. An Argyle fan had a major heart attack in the lyndhurst and was rushed to derriford via the blue lights. I hope he recovers.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1872
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:17 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Twelve games to get a win forgive me if I don't come over too enthusiastic, or maybe that is tripe or trite ?

Don’t expect cartwheels of excitement especially after a drab game like that but 3 Points is 3 Points however we get them and the weekend feels better than every other weekend this season
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1872
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Angry wrote:
GOOD WIN Very Happy not a convincing win but a good and very much needed win none the less which is the most important thing here.

Ladapo header should mask over how shit he is at shooting (he scored a header for those who werent there) if we were up against a more savvy team they would have punished us more so for our errors but luckliy argyle remember how crap jarvis is up front aswell.

Macey made a awesome save in the second half which i hope highlight reels show as it needs to be seen.

Over all we got our first win lets hope it leads to more. An Argyle fan had a major heart attack in the lyndhurst and was rushed to derriford via the blue lights. I hope he recovers.

He was given CPR, best wishes to him.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11120
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
GOOD WIN Very Happy not a convincing win but a good and very much needed win none the less which is the most important thing here.

Ladapo header should mask over how shit he is at shooting (he scored a header for those who werent there) if we were up against a more savvy team they would have punished us more so for our errors but luckliy argyle remember how crap jarvis is up front aswell.

Macey made a awesome save in the second half which i hope highlight reels show as it needs to be seen.

Over all we got our first win lets hope it leads to more. An Argyle fan had a major heart attack in the lyndhurst and was rushed to derriford via the blue lights. I hope he recovers.

He was given CPR, best wishes to him.

as i was leaving the stadium the paramedics were like an F1 crew getting him in and gone. Doesnt look good but NHS work wonders even in bad situations.

But i must ask the question as to why the club doctor who was sat a few rows in front of me at the game didnt attend the scene as im sure his abilites are more advanced than st johns.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2018-07-14
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:36 pm

What was Block 14s flag display like ?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4238
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Twelve games to get a win forgive me if I don't come over too enthusiastic, or maybe that is tripe or trite ?

Don’t expect cartwheels of excitement especially after a drab game like that but 3 Points is 3 Points however we get them and the weekend feels better than every other weekend this season
Agree and psychologically they are off the bottom.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2807
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Graiser wrote:

Ole Freddie is frustrating alright, the one on one in the first half screamed out a lack of confidence, who knows maybe his goal today will give him the lift he needs
Lack of confidence ? check his career out. 25 years of age, and has scored 7 league goals in his life. You're a man of facts, how about substituting that fact for your lack of confidence fact ? I see it as a lack of ability at the level he is playing.
We believe what we are predisposed to believe. My belief ?  Two poor teams, where eventually one clear cut chance had to be tucked away after some awful misses. The cat could have tucked that one away. I laughed when  Rory Fallon gave radio advice of how to play up front. Can't argue with that sort of wisdom LOL
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5532
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Best bit of the radio comms was when Fallon said that players get nervous if they know how long is left when clinging to a 1 goal lead but that Argo players don't suffer from that particular problem because we haven't got a stadium clock, lol. Thanks James.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

avatar

Posts : 2639
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 40
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
GOOD WIN Very Happy not a convincing win but a good and very much needed win none the less which is the most important thing here.

Ladapo header should mask over how shit he is at shooting (he scored a header for those who werent there) if we were up against a more savvy team they would have punished us more so for our errors but luckliy argyle remember how crap jarvis is up front aswell.

Macey made a awesome save in the second half which i hope highlight reels show as it needs to be seen.

Over all we got our first win lets hope it leads to more. An Argyle fan had a major heart attack in the lyndhurst and was rushed to derriford via the blue lights. I hope he recovers.

He was given CPR, best wishes to him.

as i was leaving the stadium the paramedics were like an F1 crew getting him in and gone. Doesnt look good but NHS work wonders even in bad situations.

But i must ask the question as to why the club doctor who was sat a few rows in front of me at the game didnt attend the scene as im sure his abilites are more advanced than st johns.

Hope the guy is ok.

It was very very close to me. There were doing full cpr and using the defib machine and there was a doctor in attendance. The St johns ambulance/paramedics kept on giving cpr even when he was on the spinal board being carried down to the stairs. The young female paramedic did a sterling job. Big thumbs up from me
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11120
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
GOOD WIN Very Happy not a convincing win but a good and very much needed win none the less which is the most important thing here.

Ladapo header should mask over how shit he is at shooting (he scored a header for those who werent there) if we were up against a more savvy team they would have punished us more so for our errors but luckliy argyle remember how crap jarvis is up front aswell.

Macey made a awesome save in the second half which i hope highlight reels show as it needs to be seen.

Over all we got our first win lets hope it leads to more. An Argyle fan had a major heart attack in the lyndhurst and was rushed to derriford via the blue lights. I hope he recovers.

He was given CPR, best wishes to him.

as i was leaving the stadium the paramedics were like an F1 crew getting him in and gone. Doesnt look good but NHS work wonders even in bad situations.

But i must ask the question as to why the club doctor who was sat a few rows in front of me at the game didnt attend the scene as im sure his abilites are more advanced than st johns.

Hope the guy is ok.

It was very very close to me. There were doing full cpr and using the defib machine and there was a doctor in attendance. The St johns ambulance/paramedics kept on giving cpr even when he was on the spinal board being carried down to the stairs. The young female paramedic did a sterling job. Big thumbs up from me

thats good to know that a doctor was there, would explain why the club doctor didnt attempt to go over.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1872
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Ole Freddie is frustrating alright, the one on one in the first half screamed out a lack of confidence, who knows maybe his goal today will give him the lift he needs
Lack of confidence ? check his career out. 25 years of age, and has scored 7 league goals in his life. You're a man of facts, how about substituting that fact for your lack of confidence fact ? I see it as a lack of ability at the level he is playing.
We believe what we are predisposed to believe. My belief ?  Two poor teams, where eventually one clear cut chance had to be tucked away after some awful misses. The cat could have tucked that one away. I laughed when  Rory Fallon gave radio advice of how to play up front. Can't argue with that sort of wisdom LOL

Yep definitely a lack of confidence although you wouldn’t notice that on the radio, you would if you were at the match though.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5532
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Youm naaat praaaaper bees, you ain't even from the muff, your input is invalid raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 10108
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 56
Location : Berkshire

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:40 pm

A much needed win. Well done Argyle.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 675
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Ole Freddie is frustrating alright, the one on one in the first half screamed out a lack of confidence, who knows maybe his goal today will give him the lift he needs
Lack of confidence ? check his career out. 25 years of age, and has scored 7 league goals in his life. You're a man of facts, how about substituting that fact for your lack of confidence fact ? I see it as a lack of ability at the level he is playing.
We believe what we are predisposed to believe. My belief ?  Two poor teams, where eventually one clear cut chance had to be tucked away after some awful misses. The cat could have tucked that one away. I laughed when  Rory Fallon gave radio advice of how to play up front. Can't argue with that sort of wisdom LOL

Yep definitely a lack of confidence although you wouldn’t notice that on the radio, you would if you were at the match though.

Oh give it a rest you catankerous old sod.

Is a prerequsite of having an opinion require 'being at the match' ?

How very PASOTI.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11120
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 pm

club statement wrote:
WE are pleased to be able to report that a member of the Green Army who collapsed in the Lyndhurst Road stand towards the end of Saturday's match against AFC Wimbledon regained full consciousness before being taken to hospital by ambulance.

Following his collapse, the supporter was quickly attended to in the stand by the club’s medical team, which included a qualified doctor and a number of paramedics.

After treatment which included CPR and the use of one of the club's defibrillators, the man was taken to the match-day medical room for further intensive treatment, following which he was transferred to hospital.

On behalf of the Green Army and all of us at Home Park, we wish him a speedy recover
y.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4348
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:58 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Ole Freddie is frustrating alright, the one on one in the first half screamed out a lack of confidence, who knows maybe his goal today will give him the lift he needs
Lack of confidence ? check his career out. 25 years of age, and has scored 7 league goals in his life. You're a man of facts, how about substituting that fact for your lack of confidence fact ? I see it as a lack of ability at the level he is playing.
We believe what we are predisposed to believe. My belief ?  Two poor teams, where eventually one clear cut chance had to be tucked away after some awful misses. The cat could have tucked that one away. I laughed when  Rory Fallon gave radio advice of how to play up front. Can't argue with that sort of wisdom LOL

7 league goals?? FFS no wonder he fitted the brent budget.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10554
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Highlights

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

avatar

Posts : 2639
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 40
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Angry wrote:
club statement wrote:
WE are pleased to be able to report that a member of the Green Army who collapsed in the Lyndhurst Road stand towards the end of Saturday's match against AFC Wimbledon regained full consciousness before being taken to hospital by ambulance.

Following his collapse, the supporter was quickly attended to in the stand by the club’s medical team, which included a qualified doctor and a number of paramedics.

After treatment which included CPR and the use of one of the club's defibrillators, the man was taken to the match-day medical room for further intensive treatment, following which he was transferred to hospital.

On behalf of the Green Army and all of us at Home Park, we wish him a speedy recover
y.

Thanks/OK Good news
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2296
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:34 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Ole Freddie is frustrating alright, the one on one in the first half screamed out a lack of confidence, who knows maybe his goal today will give him the lift he needs
Lack of confidence ? check his career out. 25 years of age, and has scored 7 league goals in his life. You're a man of facts, how about substituting that fact for your lack of confidence fact ? I see it as a lack of ability at the level he is playing.
We believe what we are predisposed to believe. My belief ?  Two poor teams, where eventually one clear cut chance had to be tucked away after some awful misses. The cat could have tucked that one away. I laughed when  Rory Fallon gave radio advice of how to play up front. Can't argue with that sort of wisdom LOL

Yep definitely a lack of confidence although you wouldn’t notice that on the radio, you would if you were at the match though.

Oh give it a rest you catankerous old sod.

Is a prerequsite of having an opinion require 'being at the match' ?

How very PASOTI.
All Graiser is saying is that the radio cannot fully describe a players contribution. Visual, whether TV or actual, can give a true impression. IF Ladapo scores 3 more goals in the next 5 games then he has almost the same career average as Ryan Taylor .... ?
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11120
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:34 pm

tigertony wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Ole Freddie is frustrating alright, the one on one in the first half screamed out a lack of confidence, who knows maybe his goal today will give him the lift he needs
Lack of confidence ? check his career out. 25 years of age, and has scored 7 league goals in his life. You're a man of facts, how about substituting that fact for your lack of confidence fact ? I see it as a lack of ability at the level he is playing.
We believe what we are predisposed to believe. My belief ?  Two poor teams, where eventually one clear cut chance had to be tucked away after some awful misses. The cat could have tucked that one away. I laughed when  Rory Fallon gave radio advice of how to play up front. Can't argue with that sort of wisdom LOL

Yep definitely a lack of confidence although you wouldn’t notice that on the radio, you would if you were at the match though.

Oh give it a rest you catankerous old sod.

Is a prerequsite of having an opinion require 'being at the match' ?

How very PASOTI.
All Graiser is saying is that the radio cannot fully describe a players contribution. Visual, whether TV or actual, can give a true impression. IF Ladapo scores 3 more goals in the next 5 games then he has almost the same career average as Ryan Taylor .... ?

I see Ladapo being a good player to have playing behind a front man as he can create, he just isnt good at shooting.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 675
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Ole Freddie is frustrating alright, the one on one in the first half screamed out a lack of confidence, who knows maybe his goal today will give him the lift he needs
Lack of confidence ? check his career out. 25 years of age, and has scored 7 league goals in his life. You're a man of facts, how about substituting that fact for your lack of confidence fact ? I see it as a lack of ability at the level he is playing.
We believe what we are predisposed to believe. My belief ?  Two poor teams, where eventually one clear cut chance had to be tucked away after some awful misses. The cat could have tucked that one away. I laughed when  Rory Fallon gave radio advice of how to play up front. Can't argue with that sort of wisdom LOL

Yep definitely a lack of confidence although you wouldn’t notice that on the radio, you would if you were at the match though.

Oh give it a rest you catankerous old sod.

Is a prerequsite of having an opinion require 'being at the match' ?

How very PASOTI.
All Graiser is saying is that the radio cannot fully describe a players contribution. Visual, whether TV or actual, can give a true impression. IF Ladapo scores 3 more goals in the next 5 games then he has almost the same career average as Ryan Taylor .... ?

I see Ladapo being a good player to have playing behind a front man as he can create, he just isnt good at shooting.


Thank feck Jervis aint either else it could have been a different story.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10554
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:09 am

Some one from ATD won Filippo loreti gents watch donated by The Farm on the 50/50 draw
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 5115
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:21 am

Important first win
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3055
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 am

At the end of the day we’re still shit let’s have it right no matter how some of the happy clappers dress it up anybody would think with beat Real Madrid and not Wimbledon ffs get a grip on reality the league table don’t lie
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4348
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:30 am

RegGreen wrote:
At the end of the day we’re still shit let’s have it right no matter how some of the happy clappers dress it up anybody would think with beat Real Madrid and not Wimbledon ffs get a grip on reality the league table don’t lie

I don't think anyone is under the illusion this team has turned any corners. This team is truly terrible and very likely to be mathematically relegated way before May. It will take a miracle of miracles for a team this bad to finish 20th place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Muppets v Wombles match thread...   

Back to top Go down
 
Muppets v Wombles match thread...
Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: