RegGreen
Dick Trickle
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 4:22 pm

He'd never go down the Mpenza route, he treats the playing budget like it's his own money, hence the departure of Sonny.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 4:52 pm

lol! Like anyone but the builders is being given any money at Argyle these days that's something I wont be losing sleep over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
He'd never go down the Mpenza route, he treats the playing budget like it's his own money, hence the departure of Sonny.

Bradley leaving was Derek’s decision and at the moment it would seem a bad decision, I’m sure if he’d thought Bradley was worth an improved contract he would have offered it, as he did with Carey, so down to Derek’s judgement, but on a positive note maybe by default we’ve found a decent CH pairing.

Last edited by Graiser on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Mpenza was just one of a huge list of examples,
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Bradley leaving was Derek’s decision and at the moment it would seem a bad decision, I’m sure if he’d thought Bradley was worth an improved contract he would have offered it, as he did with Carey, so down to Derek’s judgement, but on a positive note maybe by default we’ve found a decent CH pairing.

Nothing to do with Brent/the CEO not allowing the manager to renew contracts in a timely manner and allowing them to run down to the final month or so?  Adams stated in January there was a lot of good players he wanted to keep but couldn't do anything until the season was over and he knew his budget for the forthcoming season.  If changes aren't made we'll be facing the same dilemma next summer with Lameiras, pay him top dollar or lose him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Nothing to do with Brent/the CEO not allowing the manager to renew contracts in a timely manner and allowing them to run down to the final month or so?  Adams stated in January there was a lot of good players he wanted to keep but couldn't do anything until the season was over and he knew his budget for the forthcoming season.  If changes aren't made we'll be facing the same dilemma next summer with Lameiras, pay him top dollar or lose him.

No different from the end of 16/17, we all thought Carey was off and he didn’t re-sign until late in the close season, Adams could have pushed the boat out for Bradley as well if he rated him that high, but he clearly didn’t, that’s down to Adams.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 pm

No of course brent's shit non-league 'budget' had nothing to do with Bradley taking up a proper offer like it had nothing to do with Jervis, Nelson,  Hourihane, Threlkeld, Diagouraga etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
No of course brent's shit non-league 'budget' had nothing to do with Bradley taking up a proper offer like it had nothing to do with Jervis, Nelson,  Hourihane, Threlkeld, Diagouraga etc etc etc.

I’ll try not to let facts get in the way of a good theory in future.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Its more than a theory that all of those players left for more money. Toums said he was going to be nearer his family up north and now plays for Swindon. Oscar possibly wanted to move abroad for the challenge or change of lifestyle but the others all left for money reasons. Oscar by the way still hasnt played for the Belgian club according to Wiki so hes hardly left for footballing reasons. Jervis and Bradley both left for a club just promoted to our league who get roughly the same crowds as us at the moment so who we should be able to compete with financially but under Mr Brent we cant compete even with the Liverpool games and player sales. How is that Adams fault and not Brents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 6:42 am

Big Robby wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Its more than a theory that all of those players left for more money. Toums said he was going to be nearer his family up north and now plays for Swindon. Oscar possibly wanted to move abroad for the challenge or change of lifestyle but the others all left for money reasons. Oscar by the way still hasnt played for the Belgian club according to Wiki so hes hardly left for footballing reasons. Jervis and Bradley both left for a club just promoted to our league who get roughly the same crowds as us at the moment so who we should be able to compete with financially but under Mr Brent we cant compete even with the Liverpool games and player sales. How is that Adams fault and not Brents.

Well we were focusing on Bradley and if Adams had valued him that highly I believe he would have offered an improved contract.
In regards to Adam’s budget, whatever it is, no doubt it could be better.
If the feeling is that Brent has influenced the movement of those players mentioned above due to financial constraints, then Adam’s has to be questioned as to why he saw fit to commit himself to a 5 year contract continually working with what are alledgely inadequate budgets.
I’m not an Adam’s out person but he’s also not bomb proof either.
Brent’s nearly on his way out and it seems like the new majority owner has more access to finance, so no doubt we’ll see if that’s correct or not and whether any of it finds its way to the playing side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 9:21 am

Graiser wrote:

Adam’s has to be questioned as to why he saw fit to commit himself to a 5 year contract continually working with what are alledgely inadequate budgets
It does't need a question. Adams is looking after number one first and foremost. After he's all cozy, he'll take whatever orders/budget  he's given without so much as a peep of protest. Probably another reason why nobody outside of long time buddy Carey shows him any loyalty whatsoever. You get out what you put in. The "faithful" have a lot of dour days ahead watching the akkeron also rans.

I also don't understand why some people say Adams can spot a player. He's brought well over thirty here in his time, and two thirds have been absolute dross. not a good record. What barnstormers the latest crop are LOL. Worse than Kemp.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 10:04 am

It amuses me that you think Adams should be some kind of soapbox dweller bemoaning his employer to all and sundry in a loud voice. No one can afford to do that to their employer unless they want their P45.
Having a decent career is about keeping the squire happy I would have thought you of all people would have realised that by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 10:46 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
It amuses me that you think Adams should be some kind of soapbox dweller bemoaning his employer to all and sundry in a loud voice. No one can afford to do that to their employer unless they want their P45.
Having a decent career is about keeping the squire happy I would have thought you of all people would have realised that by now.

Well I didn't doff my cap to nobody in my career, however you can't have it all ways, in the past Adams had been quite vociferous in the media about his budget and still didn't stop him signing his big deal.
No, while we can quite rightfully have a pop at Brent, Adams has to take his share of responsibility
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Well I didn't doff my cap to nobody in my career, however you can't have it all ways, in the past Adams had been quite vociferous in the media about his budget and still didn't stop him signing his big deal.
No, while we can quite rightfully have a pop at Brent, Adams has to take his share of responsibility

Firstly that wasn't directed at you and secondly you have constantly used the fact that Adams signed a five year deal as evidence that the budget can't be that bad. I'm as confused as you are now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

FFS! Alan Pardew signed a 10 year contract at Newcastle, it means feck all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Firstly that wasn't directed at you and secondly you have constantly used the fact that Adams signed a five year deal as evidence that the budget can't be that bad. I'm as confused as you are now.

I don’t say the budgets poor, I wouldn’t know, but Adam’s does know and quite often publicly implies about the budget restraints and yet still ties himself to a 5 year deal, so Adam’s for me is not bomb proof.
I still say that Adam’s didn’t rate Bradley enough to offer him a better deal to keep him here, if he did he’d still be here ala Carey, so it’s Adam’s management of that situation which is at fault.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I don’t say the budgets poor, I wouldn’t know, but Adam’s does know and quite often publicly implies about the budget restraints and yet still ties himself to a 5 year deal, so Adam’s for me is not bomb proof.
I still say that Adam’s didn’t rate Bradley enough to offer him a better deal to keep him here, if he did he’d still be here ala Carey, so it’s Adam’s management of that situation which is at fault.

yeah as a manager whos offered a 5 yr deal in a business that is notorious for short term decisions id turn it down because i wasnt sure about the recruitment process. Adams was always reluctant to blame the budget he had but lately is concerned having the 16th biggest budget in League 1 is leading to signing complete shit and is worried about his reputation but apparently were enjoying year on year growth and everything is tickety boo and were just a few bricks away from having an increased budget of around £1 million extra from increased prawn sandwich sales
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4