Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Argyle V portsmouth

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3663
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:42 pm

Adams I give him till end of November at latest to turn it round,
Hallett 3 and a half years to undo 7 years of shite sounds fair to me.
But he gets a year before questions are asked,
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4371
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
12 months minimum.
12 months maximum.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3102
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:07 pm

if Anythink id like to think there be a sufficient increase in the budget in the jan transfer window
I think that’s when you will see what there future intent might be by then ? What ever it may be
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10718
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 68
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Freathy wrote:
One day we'll be a proper club again with a proper team.

Just forced myself to look at the highlights. Off the pace, basement footballers, crocks and no doubt a couple of fancy dans who don't like doing the hard yards.

We are light years away from being competitive, thanks to a shit budget, a low grade pre season and a manager who should have the balls to tell the owners that they're taking the piss out of him, the faithful and that it can't continue.He got a pay rise though lol

What a frikkin, village joke of a club................and SH says we are successful and wants the community to get involved. Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11196
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:15 pm

like tring i too forced myself to watch "highlights" we have no defence against crosses at all. Macey i getting no protection at all and at his age and experience that criminal.

oh to have Matthews, bradley, threlkeld and Vyner back
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4371
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Yes the quality of those four players contrast starkly to the current squad.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3655
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:42 am

Yep "losing" Matthews Vyner Threlkeld and Bradley has been pivotal. As for Edwards I saw him at Walsall start of last season after he joined us. Said to my lad utter crap far too slow and nothing has changed since then

Adams has lost it completely. Claiming we'll have a hard job to hang on to Ladapo says it all. The football has been dirge for the time he's been here albeit the win ratio is decent.
3rd worse budget League 1 tells it own story and the shyster should hang his head in shame (not that he's got any) BUT Adams signed this dross in defence and the keeper is the worst we've had for many a season

Club is a complete mess from top to bottom and if Hallett is promising more of the same (in public) than we're in meltdown

Massive cash injection in January needed with complete new defence and in the interim Hallett has to sanction players currently under no contract and bring them in
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

avatar

Posts : 1088
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : Dorchester

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:10 am

We left at 0-2, after a mini rally of 10 mins when Lameres & Carey came on, we slid back into obscurity - trains were dogshite also, i only live 80miles from there and caught 8 friggin trains there and back, nightmare!! To cap it off a Pompey know it all chewed my ear from Southampton to Bournemouth, painfully explaining our plight and their rise back to stardom - quite embarrassed to say he was probably right on all counts but didn't let on!! Thank god going to wedding next Saturday - Gas deffo to be avoided!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4371
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

According to Gary Sawyer the team had "clear the air talks" after the Pompey drubbing, usual footballing clichés from Gary which every player says at time like these. Reality of course is that there were concerns, certainly on this forum at losing some relatively decent players for this season and the quality of recruitment from Derek.
Chickens coming home to roost and all that.
Playing in a quarter empty ground in a stalled refurb and changing in a Portakabin won't help form at home either.
Six games in I know but the chances of only surviving for one season in the third tier are pretty high.

0% BRENT NOW

Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

avatar

Posts : 275
Join date : 2018-07-14
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:51 am

If Mr 30% is finally booted out and Newell is still loitering in the directors box next season, then Hallett will get it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4371
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:01 am

Ronan Curtis netted a brace to inspire Portsmouth to a resounding victory over Plymouth at Fratton Park.
Curtis joined the south coast side in the summer from Irish outfit Derry City and took his goal tally to five for the season.
The hosts were electric from the first whistle and with only two minutes on the clock Jamal Lowe dragged his shot wide of the post.
Curtis then found the breakthrough in the 22nd minute when he was played in by Lowe before slotting his effort past goalkeeper Matt Macey.
Plymouth fought their way back into the match and almost equalised through Jamie Ness when his audacious strike was tipped over the bar.
But Lowe doubled Pompey's lead early on in the second half after getting on the end of exquisite cross from Curtis to nod the ball home in the 63rd minute.
And Curtis finished the rout six minutes later by shrugging off Gary Sawyer before beating Macey with a lethal strike from a narrowing angle.

From BBC Sport note the words rout and resounding - says it all.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4588
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:08 am

Its the same old story Ten Thousand fans and Adams can only sign cheap shite, Maybe Community Si, could tell the Community why that is.?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4954
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:14 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Yep "losing" Matthews Vyner Threlkeld and Bradley has been pivotal. As for Edwards I saw him at Walsall start of last season after he joined us. Said to my lad utter crap far too slow and nothing has changed since then

Adams has lost it completely. Claiming we'll have a hard job to hang on to Ladapo says it all. The football has been dirge for the time he's been here albeit the win ratio is decent.
3rd worse budget League 1 tells it own story and the shyster should hang his head in shame (not that he's got any) BUT Adams signed this dross in defence and the keeper is the worst we've had for many a season

Club is a complete mess from top to bottom and if Hallett is promising more of the same (in public) than we're in meltdown

Massive cash injection in January needed with complete new defence and in the interim Hallett has to sanction players currently under no contract and bring them in

Rather a harsh judgement on Ryan Edwards-no matter what your opinion of him,fact is that he was playing a full part in the big Argyle revival last season until he was forced him out of football to concentrate on more serious matters.Personally i thought he formed a pretty effective barrier with Bradley and looked a good prospect until then and was developing into a commanding player with a threat at set pieces-agreed no consolation to Argyle if he hasn't 100% recovered but possibly a little more time and patience is needed in judging a recovery from a very traumatic illness.Even now i'd sooner have Edwards in the team than the other two centre backs signed in the summer.

Agreed that Adams shouldn't be exempt from criticism or questioning-for instance,'tis a puzzle to work out WTF Wylde and Ainsworth are still doing at the club. His Peterborough comments last week made interesting reading though about how Naismith and O'Hara were targets during the summer but ended up in the team that pummelled Argyle at HP. Fair bet to say that if Adams had been given even a reasonably competitive pot and been able to get the players that he truly wanted,then items like this would have been reduced to almost irrelevance.The man is not perfect by any means but has done a fecking good job in getting Argyle out of the bottom division and doing fairly well in the next one last season-any manager with that on his CV and achieving it on limited resources even in the lower tier deserves some respect. It would be disappointing if a PASOTI-ish, "can't see the wood for the trees", style zeitgeist was to start to unfold on here.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4588
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:32 am

If Argyle had owners who were going to be ambitious commited and wanted the club to get back in the championship and eventually the Prem, then yes i would probably go for a better manager, but in the real world of an underfunded rundown going nowhere club, Adams for me is the right sort of manager to get the best out of not very much.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 10177
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 56
Location : Berkshire

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Yep "losing" Matthews Vyner Threlkeld and Bradley has been pivotal. As for Edwards I saw him at Walsall start of last season after he joined us. Said to my lad utter crap far too slow and nothing has changed since then

Adams has lost it completely. Claiming we'll have a hard job to hang on to Ladapo says it all. The football has been dirge for the time he's been here albeit the win ratio is decent.
3rd worse budget League 1 tells it own story and the shyster should hang his head in shame (not that he's got any) BUT Adams signed this dross in defence and the keeper is the worst we've had for many a season

Club is a complete mess from top to bottom and if Hallett is promising more of the same (in public) than we're in meltdown

Massive cash injection in January needed with complete new defence and in the interim Hallett has to sanction players currently under no contract and bring them in

Rather a harsh judgement on Ryan Edwards-no matter what your opinion of him,fact is that he was playing a full part in the big Argyle revival last season until he was forced him out of football to concentrate on more serious matters.Personally i thought he formed a pretty effective barrier with Bradley and looked a good prospect until then and was developing into a commanding player with a threat at set pieces-agreed no consolation to Argyle if he hasn't 100% recovered but possibly a little more time and patience is needed in judging a recovery from a very traumatic illness.Even now i'd sooner have Edwards in the team than the other two centre backs signed in the summer.

Agreed that Adams shouldn't be exempt from criticism or questioning-for instance,'tis a puzzle to work out WTF Wylde and Ainsworth are still doing at the club. His Peterborough comments last week made interesting reading though about how Naismith and O'Hara were targets during the summer but ended up in the team that pummelled Argyle at HP. Fair bet to say that if Adams had been given even a reasonably competitive pot and been able to get the players that he truly wanted,then items like this would have been reduced to almost irrelevance.The man is not perfect by any means but has done a fecking good job in getting Argyle out of the bottom division and doing fairly well in the next one last season-any manager with that on his CV and achieving it on limited resources even in the lower tier deserves some respect. It would be disappointing if a PASOTI-ish, "can't see the wood for the trees", style zeitgeist was to start to unfold on here.

It doesn't matter how good Edwards is, if he is working with shit players around him then he will be pulled here, there and everywhere trying to make up for their short comings.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3663
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:48 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Yep "losing" Matthews Vyner Threlkeld and Bradley has been pivotal. As for Edwards I saw him at Walsall start of last season after he joined us. Said to my lad utter crap far too slow and nothing has changed since then

Adams has lost it completely. Claiming we'll have a hard job to hang on to Ladapo says it all. The football has been dirge for the time he's been here albeit the win ratio is decent.
3rd worse budget League 1 tells it own story and the shyster should hang his head in shame (not that he's got any) BUT Adams signed this dross in defence and the keeper is the worst we've had for many a season

Club is a complete mess from top to bottom and if Hallett is promising more of the same (in public) than we're in meltdown

Massive cash injection in January needed with complete new defence and in the interim Hallett has to sanction players currently under no contract and bring them in

Rather a harsh judgement on Ryan Edwards-no matter what your opinion of him,fact is that he was playing a full part in the big Argyle revival last season until he was forced him out of football to concentrate on more serious matters.Personally i thought he formed a pretty effective barrier with Bradley and looked a good prospect until then and was developing into a commanding player with a threat at set pieces-agreed no consolation to Argyle if he hasn't 100% recovered but possibly a little more time and patience is needed in judging a recovery from a very traumatic illness.Even now i'd sooner have Edwards in the team than the other two centre backs signed in the summer.

Agreed that Adams shouldn't be exempt from criticism or questioning-for instance,'tis a puzzle to work out WTF Wylde and Ainsworth are still doing at the club. His Peterborough comments last week made interesting reading though about how Naismith and O'Hara were targets during the summer but ended up in the team that pummelled Argyle at HP. Fair bet to say that if Adams had been given even a reasonably competitive pot and been able to get the players that he truly wanted,then items like this would have been reduced to almost irrelevance.The man is not perfect by any means but has done a fecking good job in getting Argyle out of the bottom division and doing fairly well in the next one last season-any manager with that on his CV and achieving it on limited resources even in the lower tier deserves some respect. It would be disappointing if a PASOTI-ish, "can't see the wood for the trees", style zeitgeist was to start to unfold on here.

It doesn't matter how good Edwards is, if he is working with shit players around him then he will be pulled here, there and everywhere trying to make up for their short comings.

Exactly, same as all the idiots having a go at him for looking tired, hes recovered from a serious life threatening illness you cnuts, give him a chance ffs
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2922
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:59 pm

The trouble is though, with Adams, he has helped brent and the rest of the board to get away with it. Managing the team isn't the only role when "building a club". He should have publicly held brent to account and made it impossible for brent to get away with his filching. There are plenty of previous managers that would have had it out with brent, publicly if necessary, Pulis is one that comes to mind, he openly told Stapleton he did't know what he was doing Warnock another. And to top it all off, as a thank you to Adams he gets a plum 5 year deal while refusing to pay more to keep bradley for one. It was his decision not to offer him more in favour of getting in two ringers.
That's BAD management in my opinion and he should be seen as part of the austerity problem as much as brent. Just taking orders isn't good enough, it almost feels as if he likes the austere thing.. and of course it doesn't affect his reputation as he's always got a ready made excuse. If this continues he should go with his squire. He was full of praise for him the other day. Ted and Ralph
Back to top Go down
mandela



Posts : 37
Join date : 2011-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Paying the price for cheap-ass reject defenders.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3102
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:07 pm

With the two New CBs there got in are useless gotta be on at least a couple of grand a week each they the left back as well...they would have been better off just giving Bradley the grand a week extra I believe he was asking for and the same with Thelkeld it just don’t make any sense whatsoever to let go
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4371
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:06 am


Jãkë
@Lxdapo
Replying to @cobibudge1
The squad ain't good enough that's all [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In the rag today.

Quite - and I wonder why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Argyle V portsmouth    

Back to top Go down
 
Argyle V portsmouth
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: