Yea Man
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 am

Big Robby wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Apart from the obvious wannabes and a few senior greens who should know better, I don't think Brent's attitude ever gave rise to hope of a new dawn. Even the promotion season didn't feel like it should. Strange thing allegiance and belief. You really can't tell people from your little bubble that  inflation is 2 per cent, GDP is at record levels, while rent  soars and wages drop through the floor. Football is no different. Brent rarely spent more than 4 hours a week with his Floozie PAFC. Who but the dim and conniving could take him seriously ?
Being surrounded by the likes of Newell, I wonder just how aware community Si is.
He knows don’t worry about that it’s weather he lets him slither up to him like Brent did that is the QUESTION??? Cos I can’t see the pig giving up his AAA Passes & car park space without a fight he will be licking arses ten to a dozen if he ain’t already :pighug:

He is already rimming the stadium announcer to milk every bit of publicity for his crap website.
He obviously knows the right people at the club to give him the attention he craves.

I wonder when Hallet and Felwick take charge how much leverage will Newell have?

They both already ware PASOTI badges so I would imagine the fat cnut will have the run of HP under Hallett just as he does now
if that’s the case Hallett & Felwick they should be careful of there reputations getting tarnished getting involved with this kind of character guilty by association you’d think there try unite the fan base in some way not divide it further surely
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Felwick speaks in the daily rag today he is predicting a difficult Argyle year ahead - unsurprisingly.

Felwick said: “We have lost a quarter of a stadium and so we are all very crushed.
“It’s working as best we can with the execs to do the best we can for the fans.
“It’s quite a challenging year for the club overall, I think. There is a lot going on.”
btb tumbleweed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 9:31 am

Absolute chaos I would call it, on and off the pitch. Wrong people project managing a stalled hopeless revamp, wrong people out of their depth, trying to play football at the back, policy driven for the wrong reasons, wrong fans giving their self interested advice, everywhere a wrong 'un.

As it slowly dawned on brent that he couldn't afford to meet his obligations, and there was no demand yet again for his latest dreamland office block earner,  he still had no regard whatsoever as to how his desires  would affect the club and those picking up the pieces after him. Felwick is being very polite through gritted teeth. So is Adams. The trouble is if you keep being polite about this sort, they'll hold you back. Leaving brent in the club with a 30% shout for much longer would be a very bad  mistake with the new guys looking over their shoulder trying not to upset their former leader. It will also encourage factions.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 9:45 am

A most excellent summary Bees, the current ground/stand re development/improvement whatever you want to call it is comparable to a cowboy roofer coming to your house on the cheapest quote, taking the slates off and disappearing despite attempts to contact and restart the work.
Chaos indeed it is.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 9:56 am

Chaos it is, a legacy of cheap as chips, unfit for purpose portacabins - with the added bonus that the club will be paying for this for the net 30 years. If I were JB, rather than hang on with 30%, I'd be off down the road looking for the next group of people needing the help of a successful businessman.

Compare our shambles with AFC Fylde.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Felwick wrote:
I have still got to catch up with a few bits and pieces that have been developed and signed in my absence

This gives me hope that changes to the current refurb plans are in the pipeline and Felwick has been put in place to do Hallett's dirty work. All that matters at this moment in time is for the takeover to be completed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Reckon my physical absence from all things Argiggle is set to continue for a few more years yet.

The only thing that will get me back is if SH attracts people with the investing wealth to replace brent and set the club up for real success.

The current mankover won't work, other than becoming a janner milking parlour for the already addicted.

Photoshoot anyone ? Give generously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Who was the guy who tried to bring peace between the groups of fans? because if hes referring to darren day v2.0 (chris webb) then he is sadly mistaken as all he did was add fuel to a fire that will probably never go out.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Reckon my physical absence from all things Argiggle is set to continue for a few more years yet.

The only thing that will get me back is if SH attracts people with the investing wealth to replace brent and set the club up for real success.

The current mankover won't work, other than becoming a janner milking parlour for the already addicted.

Few more years lol. Personally I hate the prem if we ever got there I would probably walk away for good about then. Is all I want is a board that feels as passionately about the team as I do which means giving it the best go you can. Pompey are the model to follow in my eyes, no one bleating because they aren't being taken to the ball yet a proper good turnout of fans whether in a high or low division, the aspirations of the fans match the board and vice versa I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Few more years lol. Personally I hate the prem if we ever got there I would probably walk away for good about then. Is all I want is a board that feels as passionately about the team as I do which means giving it the best go you can. Pompey are the model to follow in my eyes, no one bleating because they aren't being taken to the ball yet a proper good turnout of fans whether in a high or low division, the aspirations of the fans match the board and vice versa I guess.

Nail on the head there,
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 3:09 pm

My in-laws and Mrs Drake's side of the family all hail from Portsmouth, or have moved out to nearby Leight Park (now there's a feckin place!!), and that's Pompey for you in a nutshell.

I don't know if it is the geography of Portsmouth, which is as close to being an island as makes no difference, the bitter rivalry with Southampton, the crappy tap water or what but there is very much a Pompey v The World feel about the town and I don't know if we could ever match their crowds week-in week-out.

You just don't see anything like the same level of support for teams like Liverpool, Chelsesa, Manchester United etc there as you see here and if you ask almost anybody who their fave team is, young or old, male or female, interested or not and almost to the last one they'll all say "Pompey".

Much as I would like to see this in Plymouth (with everyone supporting Argyle not Pompey, natch) it just is not the case.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Pompey have already cemented their fan base for now after their recent Premiership success.  That'll be put to the test if/when they become a CCC/League One yo-yo club.  For now I suspect many of them are expecting a return to their glory days.  They haven't always been so well supported, 8-9k back in the mid 90s.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

The difference between Pompey and Argo is that they've spent years in the PL and subsequently developed their fanbase.

If our respective histories were reversed, so would the 'proper good turnout' be at Home, not Fratton Park.

Ipswich haven't been in the top flight for a long time now and their support is slowly eroding. Same will happen at Pompey but they'll both always be bigger than Argo until we get owners who deliver the ultimate prize.

Being content with lower league football at a city club is as village as it gets. Still, the owners will be happy taking your cash, whilst treating you like sheep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 7:15 pm

beesrus wrote:
Absolute chaos I would call it, on and off the pitch. Wrong people project managing a stalled hopeless revamp, wrong people out of their depth, trying to play football at the back, policy driven for the wrong reasons, wrong fans giving their self interested advice, everywhere a wrong 'un.

As it slowly dawned on brent that he couldn't afford to meet his obligations, and there was no demand yet again for his latest dreamland office block earner,  he still had no regard whatsoever as to how his desires  would affect the club and those picking up the pieces after him. Felwick is being very polite through gritted teeth. So is Adams. The trouble is if you keep being polite about this sort, they'll hold you back. Leaving brent in the club with a 30% shout for much longer would be a very bad  mistake with the new guys looking over their shoulder trying not to upset their former leader. It will also encourage factions.

That's the shizzle.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Some are sheep Tring. Sheep
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Pompey have a history of success going waaaaaay back to well before the formation of the PL.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 9:15 pm

My children have been playing football at AFC Bournemouth for a few years now. At the free sessions 5-6 years ago 20% of the shirts were AFCB shirts, now 90% are. Those children will remain AFCB supporters for the next 30 years. They don’t have a second club.

Remember a few years back when we beat Saints 1-0 on the opening day of the season in league one away from home in the lunchtime fixture. My barber was a Saints fan and he said “don’t worry, we’ll be back in the Premiership in 5 years, guaranteed.” It took them three years. He had such belief and was a Saints fan through and through. He was born in 1976, the year Saints won the FA cup.

Same with Norwich.

Real success generates a generation or more of support.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 10:48 pm

The Pompey model how many admins is that now 3 or 4 they went through a period though when they were getting handed over to shyster to shyster
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 5:31 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
My children have been playing football at AFC Bournemouth for a few years now. At the free sessions 5-6 years ago 20% of the shirts were AFCB shirts, now 90% are. Those children will remain AFCB supporters for the next 30 years. They don’t have a second club.

Remember a few years back when we beat Saints 1-0 on the opening day of the season in league one away from home in the lunchtime fixture. My barber was a Saints fan and he said “don’t worry, we’ll be back in the Premiership in 5 years, guaranteed.” It took them three years. He had such belief and was a Saints fan through and through. He was born in 1976, the year Saints won the FA cup.

Same with Norwich.

Real success generates a generation or more of support.

Obviously a few Cherries fans down here in Dorchester, the landlord in my local is but still has Brighton down as their 'rivals' over the years in lower leagues. I must admit they have got a great manager and have bought well over the past few seasons - I believe they are thinking about building a new ground near the airport at Hurn, but they look like they're in the prem to stay. Oh for an oligarch!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Pompey have a history of success going waaaaaay back to well before the formation of the PL.

So have Preston North End and Blackpool. What point are you trying to make?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 9:47 am

I think Central Park itself, slap bang in the middle of the driest city area in the country, perfectly illustrates the separation there has always been between the club and fans. That very position has probably helped foster the "them and us" "go support Manchester" crap that has always come from the club. Fans have always been a tiresome detail, and so it gets reciprocated. Loyalty is a two way street.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 9:56 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

So have Preston North End and Blackpool. What point are you trying to make?

I don't think it is as simple as recent success.

Supporting Pompey is deeply ingrained. Much as it is at Burnley, though I hate to say it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 10:18 am

The year before they reached the Premier League Burnleys average crowd was 12,000. Portsmouth was around 13,000. Ever since they have been succesful their support has improved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 10:23 am

Look at Reading, a nothing club of similar stature to us bounciung around the middle two divisions but with a little success now averaging nearly 20,000. Hardly somewhere with ingrained football support.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 10:35 am

Reading's crowds picked up when the Mad Stad was built which was before they hit the PL.

At Elm Park they used to get about 6000 on a good day and the stadium was about 10K max.

You could say much the same for Hull and Swansea. The rise of both was propelled by a new stadium being built for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Simon Hallett.
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next