Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:13 pm

P.O.I wrote:
I think we (ATD) just need to take a breath for a moment.

I, along with the vast majority welcome SH as our new Number 1.

What's been said, comprehended, misinterpreted or skewed beyond our tiny minds via SH's limited press appearances seems to have been taken literately.

Stop. Nothing apart from SH gaining the majority share holding, and a few throwaway two-bit local news interviews has happened yet.

Lets just give the guy a chance. Can it really be any worse than the Brent?

It's way to early to judge the guy.

If he turns out to be a Brent doppelganger then dive in. But, come on FFS, the abuse he's receiving already is disappointing. Even for ATD standards.

PS: If you want a fight, I will meet up with you, and I WILL kill you.

Apart from the last line... Well said that man!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Rickler wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I think we (ATD) just need to take a breath for a moment.

I, along with the vast majority welcome SH as our new Number 1.

What's been said, comprehended, misinterpreted or skewed beyond our tiny minds via SH's limited press appearances seems to have been taken literately.

Stop. Nothing apart from SH gaining the majority share holding, and a few throwaway two-bit local news interviews has happened yet.

Lets just give the guy a chance. Can it really be any worse than the Brent?

If he turns out to be a Brent doppelganger then dive in. But, come on FFS, the abuse he's receiving already is disappointing. Even for ATD standards.

PS: If you want a fight, I will meet up with you, and I WILL kill you.

Apart from the last line...  Well said that man!

I second that, obviously apart from the last bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:27 pm

P.O.I wrote:

That's my point. It's too early to judge the man. So, less of the unfounded positivity, that's a judgement too, especially as the guy has been supportive of brent's model for 2 years already. Just be glad brent's on his way. I'm keeping my eye on the ball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:28 pm

The last line everyone=

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FFS. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:31 pm

beesrus wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

That's my point. It's too early to judge the man. So, less of the unfounded positivity, that's a judgement too, especially as the guy has been supportive of brent's model for 2 years already.   Just be glad brent's on his way. I'm keeping my eye on the ball.  

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's absolutely nothing wrong with that Beez. What I'm saying is that, imho, we should all just take a deep breath and see what the coming months ensue.

It's quite a simplistic concept.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:36 pm

P.O.I wrote:
The last line everyone=

FFS. Rolling Eyes

make it wrestling and you got a deal cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Jethro wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
The last line everyone=

FFS. Rolling Eyes

Does that include squidgy mud and greasy pigs? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:43 pm

I’d love to get to the bottom of the quite obvious Brent/Felwick/Jones rift that led to the latter two being ‘refreshed’ outta the Boardroom

With Felwicks return as Chairman, Hallett talks about Brent only agreeing to stay on the Board of Directors “as long as it’s ok with David”.

Some shit has gone down there, and Brent’s controlling interest at the time has obviously enabled him to engineer changes at the top table. There is a lot of reading between the lines to be done because for the mist part they all go out of their way to promote a united front, even when there clearly isn’t.

I agree with Skinny though, some of Halletts latest missives raised an eyebrow. Not least that having Brent stay on the Board was good because of his (acquired solely in the last few years) footballing administrative skills! Hopefully Dunford is given license to use his vast expertise in the industry, because as Hallett admits, none of the others have much of a fookin clue what’s going on.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I’d love to get to the bottom of the quite obvious Brent/Felwick/Jones rift that led to the latter two being ‘refreshed’ outta the Boardroom

With Felwicks return as Chairman, Hallett talks about Brent only agreeing to stay on the Board of Directors “as long as it’s ok with David”.

Some shit has gone down there, and Brent’s controlling interest at the time has obviously enabled him to engineer changes at the top table. There is a lot of reading between the lines to be done because for the mist part they all go out of their way to promote a united front, even when there clearly isn’t.  

I agree with Skinny though, some of Halletts latest missives raised an eyebrow. Not least that having Brent stay on the Board was good because of his (acquired solely in the last few years) footballing administrative skills! Hopefully Dunford is given license to use his vast expertise in the industry, because as Hallett admits, none of the others have much of a fookin clue what’s going on.

it makes sense to keep brent on as a director he still owns 30%. better to have him inside the club pissing out then outside the club pissing in where he can be an annoyance. Simon doesnt come across as a fool so he will want him involved not that he will do much but his share has swing when it come to voting.

i still believe he will sell that 30% before too long so i dont envision his stay as director being a long one.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:48 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Jethro wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
The last line everyone=

FFS. Rolling Eyes

if thats your stipulation why not
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Hallett has sidelined Brent and reunited the club with (some of) the HHP land.

That is already waaaaay better than my wildest expectations.

If he goes on to scrap the crappy refurb and actually build us a new grandstand without sodding pillars then we should worship the very ground on which he walks.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Let’s not all get carried now as I said before following hallet blindly is just as bad as following Brent ffs with all this second coming or would that be the 3rd coming of the new messiah If anythink ATD should what it does best keep a critical eye on things
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Whoever is in charge needs to be monitored closely but the very first thing Brent did was asset-strip the HHP land. The very first thing Hallett did was buy it (or as much as he could) back in the club's name.

There's a significant difference in approach between the two right there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Did brent asset strip HHP before he produced Plan A with the dentist and hotel ?
I don't think so, Frank. scratch .I might be wrong
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 pm

beesrus wrote:
Did brent asset strip HHP before he produced Plan A with the dentist and hotel ?

Yep. Day 1. Arguably Day Zero.

Documents held at Land registry show the land was snaffled when PCC stumped up the £1.6m he used to buy us out of administration although it wasn't publicly announced for some time afterwards.

Check the date out for yourself if you don't believe me.

It was the very first thing he did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:15 pm

beesrus wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

That's my point. It's too early to judge the man. So, less of the unfounded positivity, that's a judgement too, especially as the guy has been supportive of brent's model for 2 years already.   Just be glad brent's on his way. I'm keeping my eye on the ball.  

No unfounded positively from me, Beez . just complete abject neutrality until we/I have something to judge the guy on on. Until then..............................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:24 pm

I just have. 2012 he bought HHP, so it was before the detailed plan A, you're right. My worry, that may well be different from yours,  is that the club itself is used as a cover to try and extract further inappropriate building permissions on HHP land with the profit going to the ahem club. So, until I see Hallett's planning application, I won't be trusting him one inch. If it turns out he just wants PAFC football related activity there, I'll be delighted and personally congratulate him, but I can't see those figures adding up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Page 4 Section 69

Quote :
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL CLUB - Cabinet Decisions
The Director for Development and Regeneration submitted a written report -

(a) on an offer received from the administrator’s preferred purchasers
of Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited, to sell Home Park
stadium to the Council, and on the terms following which, the
Council would lease the ground back to the club;

(b) indicating that the prospective purchasers also wished to amend the
covenants the Council had on adjoining land at Higher Home Park
(currently owned by the football club) to align them to the Area
Action Plan uses to enable the land to be used to support the future
development of the football club. In addition the Council was asked
to remove an option the Council had to purchase part of Higher
Home Park. The value of that covenant amendment and loss of
option is £425,000.

(c)

stating the terms on which such an acquisition and letting and
associated land transactions could take place;
(d)

informing Cabinet Members that advice had been sought on the
proposed acquisition and letting terms, from the District Valuer.
They had advised that the acquisition of Home Park by the Council
on the terms set out by the prospective owners (excluding Higher
Home Park) were acceptable in terms of representing value for
money to the Council in the current market condition.
(e) indicating that, in addition to the purely commercial benefits to the
Council in owning and leasing out land, the City also had a role in
ensuring the provision of sports and leisure facilities appropriate to a
city the size of Plymouth. Further, there were economic, social and
environmental advantages in securing the continuance of professional
football in the city and having ownership of strategic assets which, if
lost, would have a detrimental impact on other land owned by the
Council.

Agreed –

(1) the purchase of Home Park stadium on open market terms at a price
of up to £1.6m plus ancillary costs (Stamp Duty Land Tax and
surveyor’s fees) and a lease back to the club for 30 years at an initial
rent of £135,000 per annum. This is subject to Council approval of
the capital expenditure and confirmation that the Football League has
approved the purchase of the club by Mr Brent’s company;

(2) that approval is given to the amendment of the restrictive covenants
on use and development on Higher Home Park to accord with the
Central Park Area Action Plan and the removal of the option to
purchase part of Higher Home Park, together valued at £425,000, on
the terms set out in the report;

(3)

that authority to finalise the legal, financial and due diligence
arrangements is delegated to the Chief Executive, in consultation
with the Council Leader, Director for Development and
Regeneration, Director for Corporate Support and the Monitoring
Officer.
Note: This item has been designated as urgent in accordance with the provisions of the
Constitution and is not subject to the call in procedure.

Right from (before - Oct 18 2011) the get go because we exited admin 31/10/11.

This is not in doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:42 pm

beesrus wrote:
I just have. 2012 he bought HHP, so it was before the detailed plan A, you're right. My worry, that may well be different from yours,  is that the club itself is used as a cover to try and extract further inappropriate building permissions on HHP land with the profit going to the ahem club. So, until I see Hallett's planning application, I won't be trusting him one inch. If it turns out he just wants PAFC football related activity there, I'll be delighted and personally congratulate him, but I can't see those figures adding up.

Nope.

He actually bought HHP 31/10/11 but I can't find the Land registry confirmation.

The council docs show the deal was rubber stamped 18/10/11.

There was so much frenzy going on it was overlooked until Argyle made an announcement about it some time later - probably the 2012 date you refer to but the deal was long since done by then.

As I recall the justification touted at the time was that Ridsdale had budgeted for 8500 crowds which never materialised and so an injection of cash was required and here it was.

The PCC documents show this to be total baloney.

It was strategy from long before we ever left admin.

And no matter how you cut it it was a classic asset-stripping manouevre.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:45 pm

My main concerns are what's happening to the car park and wider building schemes? Hopefully Hallett has plans as he says so Argyle and not individuals profit from Argyle land developments. If Hallett wanted to profit from it himself shorely he would have just bought it off Brent and developed it himself?
His remarks regarding the Brent abuse is disappointing it's an argument he would be advised to stay well clear of as any support initially shown will be swiftly withdrawn if he takes sides in the seven year WOR. Personally I was looking forward to Brent slinging his hook for good so we could have a fresh start, new broom and all that lets hope it's not another groundhog day.
As others have said its still to early to know exactly what is happening but as Czarks says all the Felwick sacking and then crowning is a bit wierd. Maybe Hallet is a total ruthless cnut (wouldn't be the first investment manager with a ruthless streak) and he's currently lining the crosshairs up on Brents back whilst lauding him in the local rag.
In the meantime I will start many threads predicting all kinds of big shit in differing forms which in the future I will revisit to show how FOOKIN clever I am. Read them and weep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Jethro wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Jethro wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
The last line everyone=

FFS. Rolling Eyes

if thats your stipulation why not

We're on. PM me for a date of destruction.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Nope.

He actually bought HHP 31/10/11 but I can't find the Land registry confirmation.

The council docs show the deal was rubber stamped 18/10/11.

There was so much frenzy going on it was overlooked until Argyle made an announcement about it some time later - probably the 2012 date you refer to but the deal was long since done by then.

As I recall the justification touted at the time was that Ridsdale had budgeted for 8500 crowds which never materialised and so an injection of cash was required and here it was.

The PCC documents show this to be total baloney.

It was strategy from long before we ever left admin.

And no matter how you cut it it was a classic asset-stripping manouevre.

That's how I remember it also. Plenty of us knew an asset strip was taking place but the news of it did get "lost" for a while but it was still early days in Brent's reign and the proof that I needed to confirm my suspicions of Brent. Ie that the only reason he rescued Argyle was to take the car park for his ice rink/Pavillions deal, it's the only reason he took Argyle on period.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 7:44 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Whoever is in charge needs to be monitored closely but the very first thing Brent did was asset-strip the HHP land. The very first thing Hallett did was buy it (or as much as he could) back in the club's name.

There's a significant difference in approach between the two right there.

Bingo.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 7:56 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Yep. Day 1. Arguably Day Zero.

Documents held at Land registry show the land was snaffled when PCC stumped up the £1.6m he used to buy us out of administration although it wasn't publicly announced for some time afterwards.

Check the date out for yourself if you don't believe me.

It was the very first thing he did.

Beez’s default position is that “they’re all going to build flats behind the Barn Park end!”

In the absence of literally ANY other damning evidence, he’ll always return to this like a bit of a wailing old fish wife. pirat
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 8:28 am

Greenskin wrote:
Loads of management speak bollocks in that missive.Always had my doubts about Simon Hallett's depth of knowledge when he spouted off some nonsense in a Q and A awhile back about how Chelsea fans wish they could go back to the pre Abramovich days when they were a "community club". From memory the Chelsea model of a "community club" was electric fences around the pitch and heartfelt gratitude from away fans if they managed to get away from the place without a severe kicking and i rather doubt that their supporters would swap finishing just above the second division relegation zone for their premier league titles,champions league,FA cup wins etc.The best way to become a club which gains the respect of "the community", whatever that actually means,is to put a consistently successful team on the pitch playing in a decent stadium at a reasonably high level-all the rest is almost irrelevant.To do that will require money and lots of it,whether people like it or not,and to be fair Mr Hallett has put a not inconsiderable sum where his mouth is. No problem for me if he makes some more out of his investment,as long as Argyle have become a materially better club when judgement day on his reign comes to pass. Does beg the question though what those other board members are going to contribute,apart from being sensible or taking on the role of "meet the gender requirement"-not a lot by the sound of it and judging by SH's comments not much is going to be done to address this situation.Disappointing .

Wise words as ever, my dear old thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Simon Hallett.
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next