Jethro
Yea Man
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]7

i guess hes checking in on his favourite number one argyle fans forum... ATD.

Is it just me that thinks Nool is starting to resemble the chef from The Shining?

Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 4:31 pm

looks like Brent has just squeezed one out.

Mikkle & Durnovaria might join in our little jolly jests one day geek geek
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 5:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From the BBC Sport site this week, apparently some bloke called Chris Webb thinks Mr Brent has done a
fine job.

Brent gave Plymouth 'pride back' in Argyle
Brent stepped in to take over the club seven months after Argyle went into administration in March 2011.
Having funded their survival in the EFL in 2012, the Pilgrims gradually recovered both on and off the field, leading to promotion to League One in 2017 after six seasons in the fourth tier.
Chris Webb was a key figure in bringing Brent to the club and the lifelong supporter was named club president by Brent after his takeover was confirmed.
"James is one of the most important figures in the club's history," Webb told BBC Sport. "He gave the city and the region its pride back in its football club.
"He displayed a huge amount of bravery to go to the administrators and save Argyle.
"Everyone at the club should be hugely thankful that James Brent found Argyle and we should be hugely thankful that Argyle found him."

sicko
I see plebbys true to form still talking bollox I see Bla Bla sht sht Bull Shit sicko knob
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 pm

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

From the BBC Sport site this week, apparently some bloke called Chris Webb thinks Mr Brent has done a
fine job.

Brent stepped in to take over the club seven months after Argyle went into administration in March 2011.
Having funded their survival in the EFL in 2012, the Pilgrims gradually recovered both on and off the field, leading to promotion to League One in 2017 after six seasons in the fourth tier.
Chris Webb was a key figure in bringing Brent to the club and the lifelong supporter was named club president by Brent after his takeover was confirmed.
"James is one of the most important figures in the club's history," Webb told BBC Sport. "He gave the city and the region its pride back in its football club.
"He displayed a huge amount of bravery to go to the administrators and save Argyle.
"Everyone at the club should be hugely thankful that James Brent found Argyle and we should be hugely thankful that Argyle found him."

sicko
I see plebbys true to form still talking bollox I see Bla Bla sht sht Bull Shit sicko knob
Besides the Brentmare being a disaster with his six years of Basement Bollox, he also made Red or is it Blue Webb, President of argo which proved as popular as a shit sandwich!! roll on November 1.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:12 pm

akagreengull wrote:

fine job.

Brent stole the car park at Argyle
Brent stepped in to take over the club seven months after Argyle went into administration in March 2011 after realising he could be gifted the Pavillions if he found a home for the ice rink.
Having PAFC fans funded their survival in the EFL in 2012, the Pilgrims gradually recovered both on and off the field, leading to promotion to League One in 2017 after six seasons in the fourth tier.
Chris Webb was a key figure in bringing Brent to the club and the lifelong supporter was named club president by Brent after championing his master as the only option available and together with his Bessie Ian Newell silenced any dissent of Brent by seizing hold of the Argyle Media machine and silencing literally hundreds of fellow fans in a an orchestrated and ugly campaign of bullying and subterfuge.
"James is one of the most important figures in the club's history," Webb told BBC Sport. "He gave me a lovely high profile role at Argyle so I didn't do the dirty on him."
"He displayed a huge amount of guile to hoodwink the fanbase and make millions out of fook all investment to go to the administrators and save Argyle.
"Everyone at the club should be hugely thankful that James Brent found Argyle and we should be hugely thankful that Argyle found me"

sicko

Edited for factuals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:19 pm

It's not going to change no matter how much some might hope. The same wannabes are going to be doing their thing and welcomed with open arms by Hallett. That's the reality. Not a cigarette paper between the two cheeks, it's the modern way, not just up at mank central.  Must look up a few passages in Quo Vadis, but then again, I probably don't need to, it's a human thaaaang.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Another quote from the herald from SH,

Simon Hallett has revealed he asked outgoing Plymouth Argyle chairman James Brent to stay on as a non-executive director.

Hallett, 62, has become the Pilgrims’ majority owner after a share deal with Brent led to a transfer of power at Home Park.

Brent agreed to stay on the Argyle board when he steps down as chairman at the end of October.

But he only did so on the proviso that David Felwick, who will replace Brent in that role while Hallett remains as vice-chairman, was agreeable to that

Hallett told Plymouth Live: “I think James has done a fantastic job. I have talked to James about this in the couple of years that I have been involved.

“James has been a remarkable chairman, having had no interest in football to becoming passionate about Plymouth Argyle.

“This club has been restored. I get very angry when I see some of the abuse that he gets.

“I think I get angrier than he does, frankly. You won’t hear me say a word against him.

“I think he has just been fantastic. The way he has handed over to me and to David has been consistent with his belief that this is a community asset and he’s a steward of it and it’s time for him to hand over.

“I can’t speak highly enough of him,” added the United States-based businessman.

Hallett now holds 64 per cent of the shares in Argyle, while Brent has 30 per cent and the rest are between directors Richard Holliday and Tony Wrathall.

In some situations, the former chairman and majority owner of a football club staying on the board would be awkward, but not in this case.

Hallett said: “I’m more than happy. I asked him (Brent) if he would mind staying on as a director.

“He’s actually still a very significant shareholder so it’s appropriate that he be on the board.

“Even if he wasn’t a shareholder, I would have asked him to stay on as a director.”

Hallett continued: “James actually said he would only stay on as a director if it was okay David. It was absolutely his decision, not mine.

“James has a lot of knowledge of the club and knowledge of the details of how the EFL works.

“The EFL is a complex organisation and having somebody who has been intimately involved with it is a very handy asset to have around the board.

“We have deliberately gone out and developed a board that is not a traditional football club board.

Jo (Cubbon) and Jane (Chafer) joined this year. They had very little background in football.

“I have no background in football, other than as a fan. My brother-in-law, John Morgan, is on the board because he is the most sensible bloke I know.

“It’s a board full of sensible people with great skills, but we don’t know much about football, and that has been deliberate.

“Having somebody like James who at least knows about the administration of football and the role that Argyle has had in the EFL is very valuable.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 6:43 pm

akagreengull wrote:

fine job.

sicko

Ever the bullshitter is chris webb with the morals of an alley cat. He got REJECTED by the administrators at first and was only brought back into tthe fold due to you and nool's campaigns which you both have been well rewarded for.

the council had to buy the ground before he could buy the club, the GT's and other "bucket rattlers" raised the funds to pay the wages of those owed.

Are they not more important figures in this clubs history than a guy who wanted to build a dentist surgery in teh corner of a football ground?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 7:51 pm

Jethro wrote:
Another quote from the herald from SH,

Simon Hallett has revealed he asked outgoing Plymouth Argyle chairman James Brent to stay on as a non-executive director.

“This club has been restored. I get very angry when I see some of the abuse that he gets.

“I think I get angrier than he does, frankly. You won’t hear me say a word against him.

Oh dear. A sign of the real Silent Si that is about to blossom, shoulder to shoulder with Newell.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Maybe time to take down the welcome Simon banner on here and re install the ATD Mankover clock?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 8:22 pm

If it were down to me, I'd keep the champers but get rid of the Hallett reference. We're celebrating the demise of brent, not Hallett arriving, how was Hallett crowbarred in ?  
What about a poll ? I'm quite amazed how easily ATD have climbed aboard the Hallett bus when he's quite clearly a fan of brent newell and webb and is champing at the bit to change diddly, including making sure this ridiculous mankover goes through. Giving someone time is one thing, proactively supporting him from the off is quite a different matter.

Last edited by beesrus on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Hallett OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 8:38 pm

hallett may get angry at the abuse brent gets but lets be honest here... what has brent done to squash the heat he has? he refuses to distance himself from 75% of the cause of his troubles in nool and webb and continued to give them public backing while letting those two get away with murder and such dragging his name into it. also, he was vocal in his disgust at this place and other fans due to information nool n plebb gave him and refused point blank to see the evidence in atd defence.

He should have cut them both adrifted the second they proved to do more harm than good. im sure he could have found another taxi driver if need be.

the other 25% however is another matter.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 8:47 pm

in fairness the only abuse he didn't deserve was when someone called him a nonce.
rest is fully deserved, if you came and spoke to us listened to us Simon you would understand.

Don't dig at us with no right of reply thats how the bent era got the heat it did
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Loads of management speak bollocks in that missive.Always had my doubts about Simon Hallett's depth of knowledge when he spouted off some nonsense in a Q and A awhile back about how Chelsea fans wish they could go back to the pre Abramovich days when they were a "community club". From memory the Chelsea model of a "community club" was electric fences around the pitch and heartfelt gratitude from away fans if they managed to get away from the place without a severe kicking and i rather doubt that their supporters would swap finishing just above the second division relegation zone for their premier league titles,champions league,FA cup wins etc.The best way to become a club which gains the respect of "the community", whatever that actually means,is to put a consistently successful team on the pitch playing in a decent stadium at a reasonably high level-all the rest is almost irrelevant.To do that will require money and lots of it,whether people like it or not,and to be fair Mr Hallett has put a not inconsiderable sum where his mouth is. No problem for me if he makes some more out of his investment,as long as Argyle have become a materially better club when judgement day on his reign comes to pass. Does beg the question though what those other board members are going to contribute,apart from being sensible or taking on the role of "meet the gender requirement"-not a lot by the sound of it and judging by SH's comments not much is going to be done to address this situation.Disappointing .
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Sounds like Community Si's talk of Championship football is just that talk, Brents policy of low wages and cheap signings just means eventual relegation from the third tier how does Hallet ever expect to see the club in the championship if he follows Brents path?
Perhaps ole Community Si also thinks like some of the Gratefuls that Jimmys, greatest achievement was to lower expectations ?....... looks like year on year shit will continue.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 pm

beesrus wrote:
We're celebrating the demise of brent, not Hallett arriving.

Who's 'we' paleface?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:34 pm

We is not you, that's for sure.
Got anything to contribute to this Hallett discussion other than deflecting attention away from your man, troll ?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Loads of management speak bollocks in that missive.Always had my doubts about Simon Hallett's depth of knowledge when he spouted off some nonsense in a Q and A awhile back about how Chelsea fans wish they could go back to the pre Abramovich days when they were a "community club". From memory the Chelsea model of a "community club" was electric fences around the pitch and heartfelt gratitude from away fans if they managed to get away from the place without a severe kicking and i rather doubt that their supporters would swap finishing just above the second division relegation zone for their premier league titles,champions league,FA cup wins etc.The best way to become a club which gains the respect of "the community", whatever that actually means,is to put a consistently successful team on the pitch playing in a decent stadium at a reasonably high level-all the rest is almost irrelevant.To do that will require money and lots of it,whether people like it or not,and to be fair Mr Hallett has put a not inconsiderable sum where his mouth is. No problem for me if he makes some more out of his investment,as long as Argyle have become a materially better club when judgement day on his reign comes to pass. Does beg the question though what those other board members are going to contribute,apart from being sensible or taking on the role of "meet the gender requirement"-not a lot by the sound of it and judging by SH's comments not much is going to be done to address this situation.Disappointing .

Thats pretty much what I'm thinking still have some questions but we gotta sit out the last days of bent first
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:48 pm

beesrus wrote:
We is not you, that's for sure.
Got anything to contribute to this Hallett discussion other than deflecting attention away from your man, troll ?  

Nope, You're speaking for everybody. Well everyone with a short attention span.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Thought not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Jethro wrote:
in fairness the only abuse he didn't deserve was when someone called  him a nonce.
rest is fully deserved, if you came and spoke to us listened to us  Simon you would understand.

Don't dig at us with no right of reply thats how the bent era got the heat it did

agree with you on the nonce comment that was out of orderj. I hope atd does have a better rapport with simon in time its not good to have another hostile reltionship with another owner who is being advised by the chuckle brothers (rip barry)

Simon im still leaning towards giving him a fresh start to show me what he is about as owner.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:03 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
in fairness the only abuse he didn't deserve was when someone called  him a nonce.
rest is fully deserved, if you came and spoke to us listened to us  Simon you would understand.

agree with you on the nonce comment that was out of orderj. I hope atd does have a better rapport with simon in time its not good to have another hostile reltionship with another owner who is being advised by the chuckle brothers (rip barry)

Simon im still leaning towards giving him a fresh start to show me what he is about as owner.

Why I mentioned maybe offering him the chance to get off to a good footing with us,

I wouldn't even know how to start or want to do anything I shouldn't on behalf of ATD not my place ,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:04 pm

I'l ask one of my questions here instead of in the fans trust part of the forum

"I've a question relating to the £3.25m ,

Hallett has said that theres no extra money for DA for players etc,

But surely this can't be right if the £3.25m plus previous Five million pays for the grandstand,

Wouldn't that mean less of say a big home cup gate or Player transfer would be taken to pay for the grandstand and be able to be used to pay for wages of another player/ replace whos left"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 pm

I think we (ATD) just need to take a breath for a moment.

I, along with the vast majority welcome SH as our new Number 1.

What's been said, comprehended, misinterpreted or skewed beyond our tiny minds via SH's limited press appearances seems to have been taken literately.

Stop. Nothing apart from SH gaining the majority share holding, and a few throwaway two-bit local news interviews has happened yet.

Lets just give the guy a chance. Can it really be any worse than the Brent?

It's way to early to judge the guy.

If he turns out to be a Brent doppelganger then dive in. But, come on FFS, the abuse he's receiving already is disappointing. Even for ATD standards.

PS: If you want a fight, I will meet up with you, and I WILL kill you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Simon Hallett.   Welcome Simon Hallett. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Simon Hallett.
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next