Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Brent to stand down.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4387
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 am

Did anyone hear that Argo simpleton Sparksy on radio Dem talking with the MK postie about an hour ago it was as nauseating as one could imagine. Wanker Webbo describing Brent in God like terms, he finished off saying "I thank James Brent from the bottom of my heart for all he has achieved at PAFC" Happy to see you
No mention of course of the shysters business record, Oldway, Liverpool/ player monies, £1 pavilions gift, land grabs at HHP, supporting bullies, Portakabins etc etc.
Before we all get too carried away, just be aware Brent still retains a 30% share of the club - he needs to go completely, assuming that once he knocks up a sub standard ice shed outside the Life Centre and unleashs large ammounts of income from the Golden egg Pavillions from land sell offs he will finally slither off.
BRENT OUT
WEBB OUT
NEWELL OUT
Back to top Go down
X Isle

avatar

Posts : 746
Join date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 am

Morning folks Very Happy

Wow, didn't expect to wake to this. Great news, finally the green army can unite lol!

As you know I read both sites and have followed both 'trains of thought' throughout. Even though I have my own firm views I have always felt it is important to gain as wide a perspective of views as possible.

I know how much this means to you so, after saying my piece on PASOTI, and whilst disagreeing in virtually every respect with the broader ADT 'stance' over James Brent may I nonetheless wish you all a very happy St Jimmy's Day...

parteeeeee

My fear for Argyle seven years ago was oblivion, after warning of the overspend in the championship it damn near killed us. But above all, despite how you guys look at things and go about things, I do get that you care about Argyle too. I have never believed otherwise, it just manifests itself differently.

Fundamental disagreement aside (I say 'eeee saved us', you say 'burn the witch') we are in a better position now than we were in 2011 both financially and on the pitch, there can be no doubt about that.  

Would we have been better under AFC Heaney/Ridsdale?... go see Truro playing at Plainmoor.

Would we have been better under the Tory Councillor?... go see his subsequent roaring football league success story tumbleweed      

Would we have been better going under?... erm, no, obviously.

I don't expect any retrospective revision of stance from either side of the great James Brent divide, one either sees it or one doesn't and no amount of time going forward will change entrenched positions.

What this news does mark however is the potential to move forward with the impediment of a divisive owner removed. Don't get me wrong, I am not so stupid as to believe peace and love will break out in any way shape or form. However with an owner in Simon Hallet who is both investing/buying back HHP (you are happy) and is a fan with a safe pair of hands who won't bankrupt the club (I am happy) the divide can reduce, at least a little bit.

So enjoy the day, the week, the month even. In the years going forward though as this chapter in our history moves further away from the present I hope the fan base in all it's gloriously different outlooks will get a little closer together and concentrate on the ONE universally important thing, following our football team.  

All the very best to you all on this mutually momentous day Thumbs

X Throbber

PS - In the spirit of looking forwards not backwards I have also changed my signature. Looking at the number of 'Brent out' signatures on this thread I suspect a few might have to do the same in due course Laughing
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 am

With the Ice Rink moving off Argyle land will it need new planning? will the drains become a Brent problem and nothing to do with the club?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:25 am

So Brent continues his 100% record of failing to deliver on any development proposals Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10613
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 am

PatDunne wrote:
With the Ice Rink moving off Argyle land will it need new planning? will the drains become a Brent problem and nothing to do with the club?

It is not moving off Argyle land, he is putting it at the entrance of the car park. Argyle will have the land between the shed and zoo field.

Yes it will need new planning. No mention of gym or food outlets.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2943
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 am

This is the best news to come out of Home Park in 10 years. Absolutely delighted. Maybe a lot of us Brent detractors should pat ourselves on the back.Our clear message to Brent must have hit him over the years, and NO person is immune to community dislike. Well done ATD, well done Freechat, well done all those on boycott that have made their views known in other ways.
Fantastic brilliant news that the deal has seen the CLUB buy back Brent's former pension pot at HHP. Big big shit even Razz
Hallett has to be congratulated on clawing back HHP. Looks like he will be far more stand off than Brent with Felwick returning as chair, and Adams being given more clout with the Board.
I'm a happy bunny today and am delighted that the chair Felwick is a real Plymouthian and comes from an employee owned business background.
We're going to need some new stickers Al. Howzabout some celebratory ones ? flower
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5583
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am

Greenlander wrote:

And, the big question, will we see Brent at Home Park ever again.


Why of course, we've been told by his closest buddy that he's been bitten by the bug, one could almost say 'eeeee bleeeeeeds greeeeeeen'
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:40 am

beesrus wrote:
This is the best news to come out of Home Park in 10 years. Absolutely delighted. Maybe a lot of us Brent detractors should pat ourselves on the back.Our clear message to Brent must have hit him over the years, and NO person is immune to community dislike. Well done ATD, well done Freechat, well done all those on boycott that have made their views known in other ways.
Fantastic brilliant news that the deal has seen the CLUB buy back Brent's former pension pot at HHP. Big big shit even Razz
Hallett has to be congratulated on clawing back HHP. Looks like he will be far more stand off than Brent with Felwick returning as chair, and Adams being given more clout with the Board.
I'm a happy bunny today and am delighted that the chair Felwick is a real Plymouthian and comes from an employee owned business background.
We're going to need some new stickers Al. Howzabout some celebratory ones ? flower

This has to be a good day, I'm agreeing with every bit of that.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5583
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 am

X Isle wrote:
...one either sees it or one doesn't...


You can say that again X Throb, there'll be a few clearing sand from their eyes/ears/nose/throat on this magnificent August morn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4919
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 am

X Isle wrote:
Morning folks Very Happy

Wow, didn't expect to wake to this. Great news, finally the green army can unite lol!

As you know I read both sites and have followed both 'trains of thought' throughout. Even though I have my own firm views I have always felt it is important to gain as wide a perspective of views as possible.

I know how much this means to you so, after saying my piece on PASOTI, and whilst disagreeing in virtually every respect with the broader ADT 'stance' over James Brent may I nonetheless wish you all a very happy St Jimmy's Day...

parteeeeee

My fear for Argyle seven years ago was oblivion, after warning of the overspend in the championship it damn near killed us. But above all, despite how you guys look at things and go about things, I do get that you care about Argyle too. I have never believed otherwise, it just manifests itself differently.

Fundamental disagreement aside (I say 'eeee saved us', you say 'burn the witch') we are in a better position now than we were in 2011 both financially and on the pitch, there can be no doubt about that.  

Would we have been better under AFC Heaney/Ridsdale?... go see Truro playing at Plainmoor.

Would we have been better under the Tory Councillor?... go see his subsequent roaring football league success story tumbleweed      

Would we have been better going under?... erm, no, obviously.

I don't expect any retrospective revision of stance from either side of the great James Brent divide, one either sees it or one doesn't and no amount of time going forward will change entrenched positions.

What this news does mark however is the potential to move forward with the impediment of a divisive owner removed. Don't get me wrong, I am not so stupid as to believe peace and love will break out in any way shape or form. However with an owner in Simon Hallet who is both investing/buying back HHP (you are happy) and is a fan with a safe pair of hands who won't bankrupt the club (I am happy) the divide can reduce, at least a little bit.

So enjoy the day, the week, the month even. In the years going forward though as this chapter in our history moves further away from the present I hope the fan base in all it's gloriously different outlooks will get a little closer together and concentrate on the ONE universally important thing, following our football team.  

All the very best to you all on this mutually momentous day Thumbs

X Throbber

PS - In the spirit of looking forwards not backwards I have also changed my signature. Looking at the number of 'Brent out' signatures on this thread I suspect a few might have to do the same in due course Laughing  

Now that Simon Hallett has invested £7.5 million of his own money, perhaps you fans of austerity can go and support Exeter lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3667
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:51 am

What do we do now it's over sort of...
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1890
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 am

Newell Out...
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 7195
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:56 am

Campaign strongly for a decent Grandstand before it is too late to do so, of course!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3671
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:58 am

Anything from Tubs Larder on his twatter account....?? Must be weeping at his uncermonious booting from the directors box.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 790
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Morning folks Very Happy

Wow, didn't expect to wake to this. Great news, finally the green army can unite lol!

As you know I read both sites and have followed both 'trains of thought' throughout. Even though I have my own firm views I have always felt it is important to gain as wide a perspective of views as possible.

I know how much this means to you so, after saying my piece on PASOTI, and whilst disagreeing in virtually every respect with the broader ADT 'stance' over James Brent may I nonetheless wish you all a very happy St Jimmy's Day...

parteeeeee

My fear for Argyle seven years ago was oblivion, after warning of the overspend in the championship it damn near killed us. But above all, despite how you guys look at things and go about things, I do get that you care about Argyle too. I have never believed otherwise, it just manifests itself differently.

Fundamental disagreement aside (I say 'eeee saved us', you say 'burn the witch') we are in a better position now than we were in 2011 both financially and on the pitch, there can be no doubt about that.  

Would we have been better under AFC Heaney/Ridsdale?... go see Truro playing at Plainmoor.

Would we have been better under the Tory Councillor?... go see his subsequent roaring football league success story tumbleweed      

Would we have been better going under?... erm, no, obviously.

I don't expect any retrospective revision of stance from either side of the great James Brent divide, one either sees it or one doesn't and no amount of time going forward will change entrenched positions.

What this news does mark however is the potential to move forward with the impediment of a divisive owner removed. Don't get me wrong, I am not so stupid as to believe peace and love will break out in any way shape or form. However with an owner in Simon Hallet who is both investing/buying back HHP (you are happy) and is a fan with a safe pair of hands who won't bankrupt the club (I am happy) the divide can reduce, at least a little bit.

So enjoy the day, the week, the month even. In the years going forward though as this chapter in our history moves further away from the present I hope the fan base in all it's gloriously different outlooks will get a little closer together and concentrate on the ONE universally important thing, following our football team.  

All the very best to you all on this mutually momentous day Thumbs

X Throbber

PS - In the spirit of looking forwards not backwards I have also changed my signature. Looking at the number of 'Brent out' signatures on this thread I suspect a few might have to do the same in due course Laughing  

Now that Simon Hallett has invested £7.5 million of his own money, perhaps you fans of austerity can go and support Exeter lol!



lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Robby



Posts : 186
Join date : 2018-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 am

Well well well. That's great news to wake up to. The news about the club buying back the la d from Brent just shows how much Brent shafted the club originally and it would appear that Mr Hallett sussed him out long ago and just bided his time and assessed the situation and saw exactly what Brent was up to. Brent stuttering his way through difficult questions and endless fawning articles in the Herald not telling the full story was enough to make you puke
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

avatar

Posts : 5076
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 97
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 am

Unforch there's now no Director's box to boot the slimy remnants left over from. That might be Brent's legacy in almost everything he's touched, what a truly poisonous viper.

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2943
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:09 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Anything from Tubs Larder on his twatter account....??  Must be weeping at his uncermonious booting from the directors box.
No one knows yet if that will be the result. I suspect not, but l will be delighted to be proved wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if he will remain as a "friend of a director". No doubt he has also been creeping around others in a Caligula worm like manner.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor



Posts : 87
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:11 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
beesrus wrote:
This is the best news to come out of Home Park in 10 years. Absolutely delighted. Maybe a lot of us Brent detractors should pat ourselves on the back.Our clear message to Brent must have hit him over the years, and NO person is immune to community dislike. Well done ATD, well done Freechat, well done all those on boycott that have made their views known in other ways.
Fantastic brilliant news that the deal has seen the CLUB buy back Brent's former pension pot at HHP. Big big shit even Razz
Hallett has to be congratulated on clawing back HHP. Looks like he will be far more stand off than Brent with Felwick returning as chair, and Adams being given more clout with the Board.
I'm a happy bunny today and am delighted that the chair Felwick is a real Plymouthian and comes from an employee owned business background.
We're going to need some new stickers Al. Howzabout some celebratory ones ? flower

This has to be a good day, I'm agreeing with every bit of that.

Ditto
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3667
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:13 am

PatDunne wrote:
Newell Out...
Webb out.
Laurieu for president
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 790
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:13 am

While Brent has a 30 per cent stake then unfortunately the associated stooges will still be hanging around in the peripherals.

Far lower down in the food chain then they were though.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor



Posts : 87
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:14 am

Jethro wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Newell Out...
Webb out.
Laurieu for president

YES!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3667
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Anything from Tubs Larder on his twatter account....??  Must be weeping at his uncermonious booting from the directors box.

Only the normal noshing Jim off bullshit Harve,
Oh and the attempted felatio of The hallets
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3671
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

A rather large blackbird is telling me this was fake news. Very interesting in light of overnight developments. Cant quite imagine Dunsford would incriminate himself but nothing surprises me any more

One of the other lads here on ATD also described it as "staged" few days ago with no contractor in the photo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 8068
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Anything from Tubs Larder on his twatter account....??  Must be weeping at his uncermonious booting from the directors box.

No chance of that while Brent remains a shareholder and consequently can keep inviting the Pig to the Directors Box, whereever that may be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   

Back to top Go down
 
Brent to stand down.
Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: