PatDunne
akagreengull
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 am

Czarcasm wrote:
The new bar had SAN Miguel and Carlsberg Export on tap, same as the Spion Kop bar. Which bar did you see Peroni on sale Lawny?

I spotted the Peroni being sold at the old club shop which has been a bar for the last couple of years. Its the bar under block 8
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:27 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
The new bar had SAN Miguel and Carlsberg Export on tap, same as the Spion Kop bar. Which bar did you see Peroni on sale Lawny?

I spotted the Peroni being sold at the old club shop which has been a bar for the last couple of years. Its the bar under block 8

Really? I was pretty sure it was only San Miguel and Carlsberg Export. I'd be delighted to be wrong though. Peroni trumps them comfortably.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:44 am

If that was anythink to go by we are in for a right old hard season they were dreadful couple of the new boys don’t look up to much if anythink a bit of a downgrade ..think were struggle this season just hope Del Boy can work his magic yet AGAIN but law of averages and all that he can’t keep doing it surely
Or can he ???
As for that woody the banjo or drum or whatever his called on twatter his proberly plugging a new album
He tends to appear when his got somethink to plug
Strange that hey
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:57 am

Fifth best supported but the squad Carey apart is dogshit, why is that?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 12:13 pm

I think you already know why
JIM = PENSION POT = MONEY
= TUCKED AWAY VIA CAYMAN ISLANDS ..lol
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 12:39 pm

The catering is obviously unimprovable. There is nothing to be done. Everything is as good as it is possible to be. That must be true because it is the same every year.

Having only 4 people serving is as many as they could fit in. There is no room for a 5th.

Having a team supporting those who are serving is also impossible.

It is impossible to have pre-poured drinks.

It is impossible for anybody but the server to be pouring drinks.

It is impossible for there to be more than one girl serving in the new bar under the Lyndy.

It is impossible for any sort of queueing system to be implemented.

But it obviously is possible to have one bloke wandering about with a tray around his neck selling crisps that nobody seemed to want to buy.

Well done, Argyle!!

Well done too for winning a point in a game we were never anywhere near winning.

Well done for making Southend look like Brazil despite being dressed as Uruguay.

An early free kick  and the penalty apart, and I have no idea what either penalty was given for, and I don't think we even tried to have a shot at goal.

No idea who played well or badly because our whole team was miles off the pace. I suppose some must have done better than others.

Yesterday was just like the early home games last season and there was even a stupid sending off for us (quite how Adams can demand discipline from his players after that is beyond me). We looked like a team of strangers - quite possibly because we are a team of strangers.

Carry on like that and we'll go down.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 8:36 am

There is an old saying of Northern origin "you have to speculate to accumulate", hoovering up freebie players each season does not represent speculation.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 2:11 pm

akagreengull wrote:
There is an old saying of Northern origin "you have to speculate to accumulate", hoovering up freebie players each season does not represent speculation.
and heres Another northern saying GG ..Where there’s muck there’s money and Jim’s certainly been rinsing that muck for 7 years I know that
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The catering is obviously unimprovable. There is nothing to be done. Everything is as good as it is possible to be. That must be true because it is the same every year.

Having only 4 people serving is as many as they could fit in. There is no room for a 5th.

Having a team supporting those who are serving is also impossible.

It is impossible to have pre-poured drinks.

It is impossible for anybody but the server to be pouring drinks.

It is impossible for there to be more than one girl serving in the new bar under the Lyndy.

It is impossible for any sort of queueing system to be implemented.

But it obviously is possible to have one bloke wandering about with a tray around his neck selling crisps that nobody seemed to want to buy.

Well done, Argyle!!

Well done too for winning a point in a game we were never anywhere near winning.

Well done for making Southend look like Brazil despite being dressed as Uruguay.

An early free kick  and the penalty apart, and I have no idea what either penalty was given for, and I don't think we even tried to have a shot at goal.

No idea who played well or badly because our whole team was miles off the pace. I suppose some must have done better than others.

Yesterday was just like the early home games last season and there was even a stupid sending off for us (quite how Adams can demand discipline from his players after that is beyond me). We looked like a team of strangers - quite possibly because we are a team of strangers.

Carry on like that and we'll go down.

This combination of shit on and off the pitch is why I've run out of patience with it all. I simply cannot be fecked wasting pretty much an entire day on it (I don't live in Plymouth)

Yeah but we started shit last 2 seasons, so obviously we'll win promotion now because because football is a series of pre-ordained events nothing to do with luck or skill and we have seen year on year improvement since Mr Brent saved us. The team will have 5 or 6 new players to get to know some of whom will be feckin hopeless. Either way the football will be dire, the atmosphere will be dire and you will wish you were still in the pub.

Off the pitch they tell you to arrive early because they refuse to open enough turnstiles, so you can arrive half an hour early and sit staring blankly at the teams doing Rondos, the condemned Grandstand or pay £2.50 for a cheap tea bag in some boiling water .

If you want a drink at half time either forget it or start queing 10 minutes before the whistle. If you get served prepare to be shafted royally, then spend the rest of the interval trying to stay out of the way of others attempting to get served. If you are lucky enough to have been able to order and consume your drink in 15 minutes shuffle back to your seat wondering how it came to this.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 3:43 pm

So can anybody unfortunate enough to go to the game confirm whether all the turnstiles were open?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Bent will continue to milk the paying public for as long as they're daft enough to waste their time and money on a sub standard product.

His jamboys have set the wannabe culture and if you're stupid enough to get any pleasure out of physically supporting a going nowhere city club in the hands of parasite, you deserve all you get.

Either stop moaning because nothing will change, or stop going and starve him out.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 4:00 pm

I didn't go due to work - all I can add is that four of my mates did (two traveled from the southeast, one from Somerset) and when I met them after they said they had seriously considered staying in the pub all afternoon - only having tickets already bought persuaded them not to stay there - and that the whole experience was awful, from the game to the atmosphere to the whole downbeat vibe around Home Park.

We do six or seven of these a season and if pay on the day wasn't so awkward I'd suggest that Argyle would almost certainly be losing our support.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Bent will continue to milk the paying public for as long as they're daft enough to waste their time and money on a sub standard product.

His jamboys have set the wannabe culture and if you're stupid enough to get any pleasure out of physically supporting a going nowhere city club in the hands of parasite, you deserve all you get.

Either stop moaning because nothing will change, or stop going and starve him out.

I have done just that not been for at least 6 years, almost gave in a couple years ago, plans were rained off and was on the bus went past home park and almost gave in till I saw the extra charge for a walk up ticket, Only way gonna get him out is starve the cnut out ,
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 pm

I'm out. Spent £32 on a home shirt for my lad but will almost definitely not be spending on match tickets this season after 40+ years of steady attendance. Have also cancelled my trust subscription after dithering and silence on the piss poor mankover and the ridiculous decision to 'invest' in the GTs.

I'll continue to moan from afar obvs but I've reached the stage where pretty much all I can stomach is a total boycott, in person and financially.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 6:57 pm

I've been out since brent took over.

It's clear brent has gone a season too far with his non-investment in the team and relying on miracles from DA. We're now in the shit good and proper and there'll be no run of good results to get him off the hook this season. I wonder how long those Argo fans still going will put up with bad results and diabolical 'performances' like Saturday week in and week out.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Must admit I'm struggling to care much this season. The place looks like a shite hole and will be all year and probably next year as well. At least in the past there was some sort of plan, some sort of vision for the club moving forward.

Under Brent the only vision is how much land he can grab at the expense of the club. I normally go a few times before departing for warmer climes but won't be bothering this year.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:51 am

Les Miserable wrote:
I'm out. Spent £32 on a home shirt for my lad but will almost definitely not be spending on match tickets this season after 40+ years of steady attendance. Have also cancelled my trust subscription after dithering and silence on the piss poor mankover and the ridiculous decision to 'invest' in the GTs.

I'll continue to moan from afar obvs but I've reached the stage where pretty much all I can stomach is a total boycott, in person and financially.

In light of breaking news this is not set in stone lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Southend   Plymouth 15:00 Southend - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth 15:00 Southend
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2