HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have a Venn diagram

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Have a Venn diagram Empty
PostSubject: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 3:51 pm

John Venn was born today in 1843.

Here's a poem written in his honour.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:24 pm

curse of my early life, doing SMP mathematics and then having the shock of differential calculus to contend with.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:34 pm

That was largely dependent on how far along the SMP path you went because SMP was designed to teach to GCSE and calculus is an A Level topic.

That said anybody who gets a B (I am talking generally here because I have no idea what grade you ended up with) at GCSE is likely to find A Level difficult and a bit of a shock but that isn't the fault of SMP, GCSE or A Level. It is a substantial step forward from one to the other. Just seeing it out and getting a grade is quite a significant achievement even if an E at A Level doesn't sound like much to the outside world.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:58 pm

GCSE grade A - Then HND, I never even saw a book of log tables during GCSE, simultaneous equations with three unknowns was fun, quadratric equations and factorisation I think scarred me to this day, but I did pass.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Well Grade A is excellent so well done and the jump to HND is even further than that to A Level so well done on that one too.

Log tables! Something of a relic from a bygone age now.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 2:39 pm

i was in the first year of GCSE's , bleddy shambles.
I failed the maths test (forgot my calculator), even though I'm shit hot at basic arithmetic .

The basis of my Maths education was marking the board for my Dads darts practise, Maybe skools should have darts sessions at lunchtimes for the not so academic types ?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Darts scoring should be a must at school. I put my good mental arithmetic down to it foreshore. Once we got to Algebra at school I lost all interest in maths, I just couldn't see where I would use it in real life and I was right I haven't. Basic maths is indispensable but fifty percent of what you learn is only used by about one percent of people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Hated maths with a vengeance. Geography and muzak was my thang. Rock
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Racing odds. That's how Jimmy Corkhill got away with pretending to be a maths teacher.

Have a pie chart instead. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:43 pm

betting odds is another good un. Grandad was an illegal bookie back in the daze, What a wonderful family I stem from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have a Venn diagram   Have a Venn diagram Empty

Back to top Go down

Have a Venn diagram
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: