HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chair’s Update # 23

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
argyledad

PostSubject: Chair’s Update # 23    Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:43 pm

The new season is nearly upon us and with a mixed pre-season behind us, we are looking forward to Walsall on 4th. August.
While we were pleased to receive a lengthy response from the English Football League re away fixtures, which I included in my last update, I am not sure that our concerns have been addressed. But with trips to Sunderland, Coventry and Charlton in the offing, it should be an interesting and hopefully successful season.
Following consultation with our members, the Argyle Fans’ Trust will be investing £1,000 in the Green Taverners’ initiative to replace the Far Post Club. We believe this will be a wonderful improvement on facilities for our fans and applaud Gary and his team for all the hard work thy have put into this project already.
The AFT will again be sponsoring one of our players this season. We are delighted to sponsor Ryan Taylor’s away shirt for 2018 – 19.
As well as our regular fanzine, “The Grass Is Greener”, the AFT will again be producing a calendar later in the year featuring unique cartoons from the pen of Rob Bullen. Look out for us at our table or the gazebo outside the Devonport End on the first day of the season.
Three members of the AFT Board attended the recent Dave Smith celebration evening. Thank you so much to Paul and Gary who provided an excellent evening's entertainment in laying on the ‘This Is Your Life’ event for the Cider Man. Dave might be 85 now, but his mind was so sharp ! Rick did an excellent job as MC, the 'nibbles' was a feast and the number of ex players who attended was heart warming. A great tribute to a great man !
The AFT were disappointed at the late postponement of the scheduled Fans’ Forum this summer and have contacted the new Chief Executive Officer to express our misgivings. We shall be requesting a meeting at Michael Dunford’s earliest convenience to discuss this and other issues. Mr. Dunford has responded positively to the Annual Survey results carried out on behalf of the AFT by Board member John Lloyd. Michael comments:
“We are grateful to our supporters for providing valuable feedback across a wide range of subjects on your club.
We always welcome the opinions of the Green Army, and we encourage supporters to express them to us.
We will take note of these opinions as we continue to strive for excellence within your club’s vision and values.”
Meanwhile welcome to all our new signings and may the force be with the Pilgrims this coming season as we seek to regain our place in the Championship.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:21 pm

I am leaving the trust, payment cancelled, gone one step to far
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Thanks for the update argyledad, looks like the Far Post cabin is also a victim of the Akkkeron planning permission fiasco.
Any news on when it will be completed?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Thanks for the update argyledad, looks like the Far Post cabin is also a victim of the Akkkeron planning permission fiasco.

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:18 am

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 am

But seriously, more Trust money to the GTs? How on earth have they managed to swindle that? We need someone inquisitive and persistent, with a keen sense of justice and the ability to take foolproof screenshots, praps that fella Harv, to out their methods.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:02 am

Anybody who gives £10 to this sort of "trust" needs to be honest with themselves.
Revisionist nonsense from the well appointed in footy terms, nearly as bad as Avivaism.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:53 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
But seriously, more Trust money to the GTs? How on earth have they managed to swindle that? We need someone inquisitive and persistent, with a keen sense of justice and the ability to take foolproof screenshots, praps that fella Harv, to out their methods.

lol Cruncher

Who wrote the following on the afternoon of 1st April 2018 at 15.42

"The new supporters bar will be built with funding sourced by the Green Taverners meaning we have no financial arrangement with James Brent"

(emphasis mine)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:41 am

So as a member I have now also "invested" in a kind of charity to build a members only bar that I will probably never even visit and the profit if any will be sent to the club and James Brent?
Why don't you just build cash reserves with a view to gaining some shares, a place on the board and some influence when needed on the club.
Need some backbone in the Trust this is pathetic.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
So as a member I have now also "invested" in a kind of charity to build a members only bar that I will probably never even visit and the profit if any will be sent to the club and James Brent?
Why don't you just build cash reserves with a view to gaining some shares, a place on the board and some influence when needed on the club.
Need some backbone in the Trust this is pathetic.

Incorrect Ears on this occasion. I refer you to the SMS above from Gary McGuire and "Brent has no financial involvement" (and yes its saved to clipboard on phone lol! )
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:00 am

We know that Brent has no involvement you don't need SMS to know that, what happens to any profit made by the GTs? I'm pretty sure it gets sent to the club which is in effect Brent.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:07 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
, what happens to any profit made by the GTs? I'm pretty sure it gets sent to the club which is in effect Brent.

At which point Brent has financial involvement.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
, what happens to any profit made by the GTs? I'm pretty sure it gets sent to the club which is in effect Brent.

Correct. raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Correct. raised eyebrow

Am not sure why you're taking this view. McGuire has openly stated via the GTs registered website number that Brent has no financial involvement with the GTs supporters bar. That clearly means not now and not 5 years down the line either.
Nothing to do with Brent no profits to him or Argyle all retained by the GTs (or distributed to members) as in "no financial involvement" it cannot be any clearer. The SMS is on here somewhere from 4 months ago as well
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:25 am

Oh FFS Harve the aim of the GTs is to help the club. They do this by donating money to the club don't they?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Oh FFS Harve the aim of the GTs is to help the club. They do this by donating money to the club don't they?

Apparently, the money from fanfests etc does not go to the club, it goes to other causes. Why do you think the club owed 87.5 K to the GT's?

Staggering to believe isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Yep and it appears I was wrong, taken from GTs site,

As well as helping the club, our main goal was to payback all the unpaid staff that the club unfortunately couldn’t afford to pay. We feel that the staff played a massive part in why the club still exists today.

As we’ve now paid back all the unpaid staff, we fundraise and provide for the local community and organisations surrounding Plymouth Argyle.

Not sure what the "organisations surrounding Plymouth Argyle" are though?
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Semantics. Certain community projects were  historically supported by the club and carried their name, In the age of brent and hallett, those very same activities are supported by the taverner's faux charity that certainly isn't a charity. Ridsdale inspired culture
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:34 pm

beesrus wrote:
Semantics. Certain community projects were  historically supported by the club and carried their name, In the age of brent and hallett, those very same activities are supported by the taverner's faux charity that certainly isn't a charity. Ridsdale inspired culture

Those community projects in this day and age are carried out by the Argyle community trust. Why Argyle would pass up on the revenue generated by fanfests and the future supporters bar is the real question?

Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:10 pm

It's nothing to do with 80k over 5 years, that's just peanuts that can be scoffed by the stroke of a playing budget pen. It's about social stroking of the locals, with other goals in mind. East India Company logic. Keep 'em sweet while you extract the value.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:57 am

beesrus wrote:
It's nothing to do with 80k over 5 years, that's just peanuts that can be scoffed by the stroke of a playing budget pen. It's about social stroking of the locals, with other goals in mind. East India Company logic. Keep 'em sweet while you extract the value.

Indeed........and as long as the fans are wetting themselves over photoshoots with lower league footballers and the prospect of visiting Sunderland, Coventry and Charlton, all's well for the city boys.

So embarrassingly village and predictable.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:09 am

beesrus wrote:

You again miss the point. You really are blinded by your stupid social bigotry.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:

You again miss the point.  You really are blinded by your stupid social bigotry.  

Keep spittin' Rickler. You again miss my point.  You really are blinded by your stupid social bigotry.
Hey, that was easy.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:45 pm

You really are bereft of any argument or ideas aren't you?

Time for another flounce. You're washed up. Nothing more than a joke these days...

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:18 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Ears you are mising the point here and Ricks likewise. Forgot the aim of the GTs in the past I was talking specifically about the supporters bar build.
Gary McGuire has come out and openly stated that James Brent has no "financial involvement"  Now we can debate whether that means the club or James Brent himself.

You could debate however whether we were lied to. Lloyd (pleasssse dont make my life difficult) removed after a complaint my post the following day when I stated McGuire was "complicit" with Brent over the build and another bollacking ensued

Complicit or otherwise no monies will come back to James Brent at any point or the "go to man" was outright lying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chair’s Update # 23    

Back to top Go down

Chair’s Update # 23
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: