Share | 

Peggy's Mundane Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Bought an old valve radio. Looking to restore it.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 am

first time for ages ive had to wear a jumper (red stripey one)
Back to top Go down
zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:41 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Bought an old valve radio. Looking to restore it.

Hell of a job getting replacement valves I would think mouldy.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Now bought a second one.

Valves and other spare parts are available on the net.

You can even download trader service sheets to help you fix them.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:27 am

The drought has broken.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Tipping Point is crap but lush.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Back from the week long Fowey regatta. zzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks to the fat northern lass blowing green bubbles of snot out of every orifice in the queue at Lidls the other day I now have her horrible cold. Go home all of you, now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Working on one of my valve radios.

It's very dirty inside!

Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:40 pm

I think I hate Fed-Ex.

East bound and down, loaded up and trukin, we're going to do what they said can't be done. We gotta a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm east bound just watch old bandit run! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 pm

Doing last of the high speed trains to Newquay hours delay at Plymouth. Looks like we are going now though...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Just been to Spoons in Tavvy with a mate, only second time since it opened, burger and chips two pints of quite nice beer under a tenner. The burger was shite though.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:20 am

arse to it, bleddy insomnia.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:00 am

gert slabs of toast with butter
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 am

Just had free range eggs poached in a big pan of fried tomatoes on gert slice of buttered toast. Bit like Heuvos Rancheros without the onion, chilli and peppers which I find a bit much first thing.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:46 pm

best to let you all know ive run out of Dijon mustard
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 am

Bleddy oil on work boots - now on carpet! Uh oh!

East bound and down, loaded up and trukin, we're going to do what they said can't be done. We gotta a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm east bound just watch old bandit run! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Small food. This almost deserves a thread of its own and I rate it at a seven out of ten in the important things scale.
Fed up with throwing half cans of beans away I asked the missus to pick up some small tins of beans. Small beans duly arrived and I tried them out yesterday. I was expecting a half tin maybe a third. Boy was I disappointed. I toasted one slice of toast, got out the small bean pan and saw to my dismay the beans only just covered the bottom of the pan because the sauce filled in the gaps between the beans. I shit you not. Heating such a small layer of beans is really difficult without scalding and Heinz clearly state on the directions to never boil beans. Anyway I soldiered on carefully manipulating beans and sauce until nicely warmed and poured onto the toast which was actually slightly larger than the small bean pan in area. What can I say? Barely enough sauce to soggy the toast and the beans not even enough to cover three quarters of the bread, when I would say at least a depth of two beans and enough sauce to overflow the edges of the toast is needed for a satisfying snack or light meal.
Don't even get me started on Mars bars.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Small food. This almost deserves a thread of its own and I rate it at a seven out of ten in the important things scale.
Fed up with throwing half cans of beans away I asked the missus to pick up some small tins of beans. Small beans duly arrived and I tried them out yesterday. I was expecting a half tin maybe a third. Boy was I disappointed. I toasted one slice of toast, got out the small bean pan and saw to my dismay the beans only just covered the bottom of the pan because the sauce filled in the gaps between the beans. I shit you not. Heating such a small layer of beans is really difficult without scalding and Heinz clearly state on the directions to never boil beans. Anyway I soldiered on carefully manipulating beans and sauce until nicely warmed and poured onto the toast which was actually slightly larger than the small bean pan in area. What can I say? Barely enough sauce to soggy the toast and the beans not even enough to cover three quarters of the bread, when I would say at least a depth of two beans and enough sauce to overflow the edges of the toast is needed for a satisfying snack or light meal.

Post of the decade. Never half the price either, better of buying a truck load and overeating.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

This is not mundane but VERY IMPORTANT.

One of the (many) things that hack me off is the size of the average bottle of salad cream / mayonnaise / sauce, especially when coupled with the ridiculously short use by dates on some of them. You'd have to eat the stuff every day to get through it.

I have, however, found an answer. Any time anybody in my extended family eats in a place which doesn't charge for the little sachets they scoop up a pile for me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Peggy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

One of the (many) things that hack me off is the size of the average bottle of salad cream / mayonnaise / sauce, especially when coupled with the ridiculously short use by dates on some of them. You'd have to eat the stuff every day to get through it.

I have, however, found an answer. Any time anybody in my extended family eats in a place which doesn't charge for the little sachets they scoop up a pile for me.

Branston pickle too. I'm the only one in my house that eats it.

'Once opened consume within 6 weeks'. WTF.

I'm barely halfway thru, but I reckon it's been in the fridge a good 4 or 5 months. Good news is it still tastes fine.

Marmalade on the other hand. I reckon a jar lasts about a fortnight - tops. We love it.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Branston pickle too. I'm the only one in my house that eats it.

'Once opened consume within 6 weeks'. WTF.

I'm barely halfway thru, but I reckon it's been in the fridge a good 4 or 5 months. Good news is it still tastes fine.

Marmalade on the other hand. I reckon a jar lasts about a fortnight - tops. We love it.

A very interesting topic which does deserve its own thread.

People get very confused by the wording on food. We should not always rely on the dates on packets as there is a difference to what the dates actually mean. As I will explain.

Best before date is for quality. eg if crisps or sauce for example exceed the date they might not taste as good as ones in date.

Use by date is for food that maybe not safe to eat after said date. eg chocolate eclairs may be unsafe to eat after the use by date and could cause food poisoning.

I recently bought some Kraft mayo and colemans seafood sauce from rogers wholesale foods in plymouth that had a best before date of 2015. As a test I bought the same products from my local supermarket and if im honest I could not taste the difference between the ones in date and the ones out. Also they are bloody cheap.

I bought six jars of sea food sauce for £1 compared to £1.50 per jar in my local supermarket.

They also do loads of other products like soft drinks, gluten free stuff and crisps to name a few. My advice is check out the facebook page for the latest stock info.

My advice dont worry to much about bset before dates on food just be concerned about use by dates.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:32 pm

went abit old skool bathing tonight and put some Dettol in the bugger.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Watching 'Smokey & The Bandit'

Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Cannonball Run is far superior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Half Time-