Sir Francis Drake
Bob Crow
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 am

akagreengull wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Erald propaganda dept working overtime today.

That article was put up a couple of days ago. Turned into a right slanging match in the comments page.

laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 9:41 am

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:

The Far Post was always a members only club, and there is no precedent or call for a "pub" in the park. It's slap bang in the middle of the driest area this side of Mars. I like a drink of alcohol myself, but I don't want to see a pub on every corner, especially in a park, and especially not one that is no more than a "Sky sports pub" .

This "Pub in the Park" that you talk about...

Would that be 'Home' or 'Central'?

There has never been a public house in Central Park, Home Park, Higher Home Park, Harpers Park etc, and as a resident I would't want to see one. Day trippers and tourists like yourself will obviously have a differing interest, as they do the world over.  All local changes of use have to go through the normal channels.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 10:50 am

So, as investors in the project, have the Trust been kept up to speed as regards current planned timescales for this build?

Please note, I’m not asking for the specifics, I’m just curious if investors have been kept in the dark as much as potential patrons?

Franny?
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 11:27 am

akagreengull wrote:

They won't be in any hurry to remove it as every time De Liar logs in to make a new account in our names with a vpn then it's earning the Herald a few bob.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 11:55 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Just for Clarity I was and still am a member but was never consulted over this.

PM me your name and address and I will check your membership status.

In the meantime check your junk box for an email sent 12/6/18 as described above.

Every current member at the time that we have an email for was sent the email.

I am yet to receive your name and address and so cannot look into whether you were sent the email or not.

Are you still insisting that you did not receive it?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
So, as investors in the project, have the Trust been kept up to speed as regards current planned timescales for this build?

Please note, I’m not asking for the specifics, I’m just curious if investors have been kept in the dark as much as potential patrons?

Franny?

So far as I know, because I was told this at an AFT meeting, our cheque has been forwarded along with relevant paperwork but has not been cashed.

I really am at a disadvantage here regards answering questions about it. I have been busy doing other stuff much more mundane and have had very little input into the GT bar business.

I'll try to find out what I can but it means going through channels and that will take some time because some of the people involved are not exactly "around" at present.

Basically all I can say with absolute confidence is that at both board and general membership levels there was over-whelming support for AFT to invest.

And I offer no qualification at all to the word "over-whelming".
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

They won't be in any hurry to remove it as every time De Liar logs in to make a new account in our names with a vpn then it's earning the Herald a few bob.

Agree, and it also keeps the Green Goons still believing in the Brent dream (nightmare).
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
If the mythical gt bar ever gets built (no sign at the mo) will it be a proper bricks and mortar proper job or a couple of portacabins stacked up?

Why doesn't this Gary McGuire character post an update here. Am sure the builder who put in £50,000 would be delighted to know whats happening but as is widely known the GT's had their eyes well and truely opened whilst dealing with Brent albeit when it was far too late

Why should he?

I'm sure the builder who put in £50,000 can find out at the drop of a hat what he needs to know should he make any effort to.

And ultimately the whole deal was under-written by PAFC (not James Brent) and so everything is about as secure as it could possibly be with very simple terms:

After 5 years with 5% return you get your stake back with annual payments made along the way.

If there is any criticism due of AFT here it is that we have not invested as much as we could have and where else are we going to get a chance to invest our funds that that rate?

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Just for Clarity I was and still am a member but was never consulted over this.

PM me your name and address and I will check your membership status.

In the meantime check your junk box for an email sent 12/6/18 as described above.

Every current member at the time that we have an email for was sent the email.

I am yet to receive your name and address and so cannot look into whether you were sent the email or not.

Are you still insisting that you did not receive it?

I'm not insisting anything mate.

If you look back I said there was a strong possibility it could have ended up in my junkmail.

Not that my solitary vote would have made a difference anyway if they voted overwhelmingly in favor as you said they did.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 12:46 pm

It does seem very very odd, that if it is indeed such an unbelievably good investment opportunity, that

a) it wasn’t overwhelmingly over-subscribed with investors from the get-go.

...and

b) why isn’t it virtually built already?

Is there a shortfall in the finance required to proceed??
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 1:31 pm

It is not an AFT project. It is not something I have been directly involved in.

I simply do not know the answers to those questions.

They would be best addressed to the GTS who are easy enough to track down should you wish to find them.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 1:37 pm

We atleast the GT's are now acknowledging this project is a replacement for the FPC and GT's marquee and NOT a supporters bar.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
If the mythical gt bar ever gets built (no sign at the mo) will it be a proper bricks and mortar proper job or a couple of portacabins stacked up?

Why doesn't this Gary McGuire character post an update here. Am sure the builder who put in £50,000 would be delighted to know whats happening but as is widely known the GT's had their eyes well and truely opened whilst dealing with Brent albeit when it was far too late

Why should he?

I'm sure the builder who put in £50,000 can find out at the drop of a hat what he needs to know should he make any effort to.

And ultimately the whole deal was under-written by PAFC (not James Brent) and so everything is about as secure as it could possibly be with very simple terms:

After 5 years with 5% return you get your stake back with annual payments made along the way.

If there is any criticism due of AFT here it is that we have not invested as much as we could have and where else are we going to get a chance to invest our funds that that rate?

If the AFT are that desperate for £50 a year it's tragic. A PR exercise with a bit of rimming and a bit of self justification thrown in, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Why should he?

What do you mean why should he !!
The place was supposed to be up and running 2 months ago for the pre season. They didnt even apply for planning permission lol !!

Clearly nothing is happening whatsover witness they've not even cashed your cheque. Warning bells should be going off all over the manor
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Someone put 50k into the pot ? laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Jethro wrote:
Someone put 50k into the pot ?  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Yep builder guy and few of his mates I understand £10,000 each as well
I was lost for words. Apparently he was relaxed about it no worries blah blah blah fair play to him for that I must say. 

Puts into perspective the 1/50th of that which the AFT are investing.

I crunched the numbers over this 5 year period with the interest using assumed capital required and then full repayment after 5 years
I hope McGuire knows what hes doing as he'll need to be taking decent bucks 7 days a week make no mistake to achieve it

Keyman insurance for that capital sum for someone his age will cost a small fortune on top
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 4:49 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Why should he?

What do you mean why should he !!
The place was supposed to be up and running 2 months ago for the pre season. They didnt even apply for planning permission lol !!

Clearly nothing is happening whatsover witness they've not even cashed your cheque. Warning bells should be going off all over the manor

Were I he I wouldn't.

All he is going to achieve is being the subject of endless questions about it from people who quite clearly have no intention of investing.

What would be the point of even trying? Can't say, if I was him, I can see one.

It's all rather similar to the gripes about AFT: everybody seems willing to resign their membership every 10 minutes but has anybody nominated anybody to step up and lick us in to shape yet?

Or said they are thinking about it?

Or anything at all?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 4:59 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I was lost for words. Apparently he was relaxed about it no worries blah blah blah fair play to him for that I must say. 

I crunched the numbers over this 5 year period with the interest using assumed capital required and then full repayment after 5 years
I hope McGuire knows what hes doing as he'll need to be taking decent bucks 7 days a week make no mistake to achieve it

Keyman insurance for that capital sum for someone his age will cost a small fortune on top

Even 50k split in to 10k each...
Shows how duluded our fans are .
For a shipping container.
feck me.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Why should he?

If the AFT are that desperate for £50 a year it's tragic. A PR exercise with a bit of rimming and a bit of self justification thrown in, nothing more.

Pretty much what I said.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:11 pm

GT Survey Results:

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Why should he?

Pretty much what I said.

lol lol lol

I knew there was a SOH in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The email was sent by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to all current (at the time) members at 11:48 on 12/6/18.

It said:

"The AFT is considering making an investment into the Green Taverners project to build a new Supporters Bar at Home Park. Are you in favour of AFT funds being used in this way?"

There was then a link to click which went to Survey Monkey entitled "GT Bar Survey".

It was not my project and the results were relayed to us at a meeting so I am unable to find the responses at present. From memory it was something like 85% in favour, a few abstentions and 10% against.

AFT members who voted (and you were all emailed) voted over-whelmingly to invest in the GT bar.

No other rational interpretation is possible.

So what percentage voted?

And....   Has the thousand pounds been paid to the GT's yet?  What are they saying about the project?  When is it starting etc?
twats I suggest you better get a receipt laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Jethro wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Even 50k split in to 10k each...  
Shows how duluded our fans are .
For a shipping container.
feck me.

No I meant one guy put in £50000 on his own and few other guys £10,000 each as well
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:53 pm

When the Board voted the result was 7-0-1 in favour with 1 abstention (I think).

Something like that. Might have been 8-0-1. Might have been 6-0-1.

I raised every objection I could think all of which were either addressed adequately enough or demolished.

As a result I altered my vote from Against to Abstain because I just couldn't bring myself to vote for it.

Everybody else on the Board present at the meeting was in favour.

The Survey backed the overall decision and offered no basis to go through the process again.

You may not like the outcome, and I am still not exactly comfortable with it, but full details were presented, there was an open and lively debate at Board level at which a decision was made and that decision was then ratified by the wider membership.

As an exercise in democracy it was about as fully consultative as we could make it.

I don't think we could significantly improve on what we did and how we did it.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Like I keep on saying: if you are a member (mind you with all the passionate resignations around here we are about as likely to find one, I suspect, as we are rocking horse manure) nominate yourself or somebody you think could do better.

We are looking for 3 people so you may not even need a vote to be successful.

I won't hold my breath while I wait for the Nominations to pour in though, if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:54 pm

But is that GTs/Gary maguire pulling up any of there own money or just other people’s in all this ???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next