Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeWN



Posts : 251
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
He's not a million miles wide of the mark though. I've seen jobs much smaller than this where it's been over a year, and four or five revisions of the tendered price from letter of intent to contract signing.

I'm not saying that the refurb is going to be written up in RICS textbooks as a classic example of how to run a contract, but I have been slightly bemused at the idea that some seem to have that the construction industry is a slick production line. Lots of jobs just sort of stagger along haphazardly, and still come in more or less on programme and budget.

True but it's equally as likely to be over budget (extras anyone?) and more than one project has gone tits up by being run in a haphazard fashion. There should be and generally is a different level of professionalism on jobs the size of this, appointing Jon Back as project manager spoke volumes to me. Nothing persoanlly against the man he's just not qualified for the role.

Not having a contract signed now doesn't make significant extras or delays more likely though, as long as there are letters of intent in place and everyone is pulling in the same direction. This isn't a really a big project, in construction terms. I've worked on bigger and seen similar things happen - my point was that there is very often an awful lot of kerfuffle between tender and the Pre-Contract Meeting, and maybe even more before works commence.

I think I've expressed my concerns about John Beck elsewhere. Hopefully he plays a blinder, but this is a pretty hefty project for a newbie. Still, people shouldn't be looking at the fact that there is no formal contract in place and getting too excited. It could be the first sign of the oncoming apocalypse, but it could also just be one of those things.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 408
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Illogan Highway

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:53 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Bob, why do you keep calling Newell a "cancerous slug", we all get your dislike of the man, and we all know that posters on ATD have a uniform dislike of him for being a manipulative, unpleasant individual in the pocket of Brent.
But calling him that is both tedious and distracting and frankly is stooping to a new low, please think about this and before you say it there is no attempt to stifle debate here.

Apologies, and I'll refrain from alluding to that thing as a C-------s S--g.
Personally I thought that name was actually being polite to him given the amount of trouble and lives that him and his blood brother Postman have ruined over the years.
After all. It's a beautiful thing the destruction of words.


Last edited by Bob Crow on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2796
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:20 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
He's not a million miles wide of the mark though. I've seen jobs much smaller than this where it's been over a year, and four or five revisions of the tendered price from letter of intent to contract signing.

I'm not saying that the refurb is going to be written up in RICS textbooks as a classic example of how to run a contract, but I have been slightly bemused at the idea that some seem to have that the construction industry is a slick production line. Lots of jobs just sort of stagger along haphazardly, and still come in more or less on programme and budget.

True but it's equally as likely to be over budget (extras anyone?) and more than one project has gone tits up by being run in a haphazard fashion. There should be and generally is a different level of professionalism on jobs the size of this, appointing Jon Back as project manager spoke volumes to me. Nothing persoanlly against the man he's just not qualified for the role.

Not having a contract signed now doesn't make significant extras or delays more likely though, as long as there are letters of intent in place and everyone is pulling in the same direction. This isn't a really a big project, in construction terms. I've worked on bigger and seen similar things happen - my point was that there is very often an awful lot of kerfuffle between tender and the Pre-Contract Meeting, and maybe even more before works commence.

I think I've expressed my concerns about John Beck elsewhere. Hopefully he plays a blinder, but this is a pretty hefty project for a newbie. Still, people shouldn't be looking at the fact that there is no formal contract in place and getting too excited. It could be the first sign of the oncoming apocalypse, but it could also just be one of those things.

Fairy muff.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4312
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Another week of no progress on the Grandstand, its coming together nicely Oldway style! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
avatar

Posts : 681
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Been out all day. Is it finished?

_______________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11010
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:07 pm

They do look like site offices to me. From the building sites i have seen this is a common site and look for office sites.

It maybe because there isnt any work being done here that some may be thinking that this a new ticket office and shop but our club is a professional football club and as such wouldnt do buisness like this.




or i could be very wrong lol.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2667
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:53 pm

I read somewhere a housing problem was going to be solved by people being offered shipping containers ?
Maybe the squire and simple Simon aren't so simple after all, and are ahead of the curve, and we just haven't all twigged the future.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 408
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Illogan Highway

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 pm

beesrus wrote:
I read somewhere a housing problem was going to be solved by people being offered shipping containers ?
Maybe the squire and simple Simon aren't so simple after all, and are ahead of the curve, and we just haven't all twigged the future.

People in Shoreditch pay ridiculous money for shipping containers to turn in to boutique shops and cafes where they can flog bowls of breakfast cereal to the local wankers in beards for £9 a pop.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2667
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Any woman that grows a beard because she thinks it trendy deserves to pay top dollar. It's the story she's buying apparently, and that's always chargeable in the wrong street. Enter the annual £35 shiny slippery ill fitting advert laden football shirt coming to a belly near you.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2586
Join date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:26 pm

beesrus wrote:
I read somewhere a housing problem was going to be solved by people being offered shipping containers ?
Maybe the squire and simple Simon aren't so simple after all, and are ahead of the curve, and we just haven't all twigged the future.

Evening Bees. You're right. There is indeed a company in Truro that specialises in the pop up bars etc that accompany festivals. They believe that the answer to the housing crisis is indeed modular living via crappy portakins.

People born in bricks and mortar, moving into shipping containers, before being burned in the smallest container ever.

I think that's what they call progression in a G7 country.....
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10458
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:33 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I read somewhere a housing problem was going to be solved by people being offered shipping containers ?
Maybe the squire and simple Simon aren't so simple after all, and are ahead of the curve, and we just haven't all twigged the future.

Evening Bees. You're right. There is indeed a company in Truro that specialises in the pop up bars etc that accompany festivals. They believe that the answer to the housing crisis is indeed modular living via crappy portakins.

People born in bricks and mortar, moving into shipping containers, before being burned in the smallest container ever.

I think that's what they call progression in a G7 country.....

I seen a program this week, where a gentleman builds home for the homeless out of containers.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2586
Join date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:04 pm

That would be revolutionary, and applaudable, if it were in a thirld world country, but my guess it wasn't.


Last edited by Dick Trickle on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10458
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
That would be revolutionary, and applaudable, if it were in a thirld world country but my guess it wasn't.

This one was on the one show, there more like this around the Country

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 408
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Illogan Highway

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:15 pm

Having been a civil servant with the Homes and Communities Agency specifically within social housing in three London Borough's, i know a heck of a lot behind the problems and shortfall in the supply and availability of social housing stock. Until recently, no social social housing was done on the cheap and it had a hell of a lot more building regs and conditions for the builder to abide with than they would building a house for public sale. I've been out of that game now for about five years so can't comment on what the regs are like now for social housing but in my time i wasn't aware of any modular social housing developments carried out within the London Borough's of Harringay, Camden and Barnet.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 am

As much as its a good thing using containers for housing, shouldn't be using them for a league one football club as a supposed "Upgrade"
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3337
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:58 am

Hold the front page fatboy has proclaimed of Shyster Brent at 6.02pm of the 19/07 what he knows is coming and the 3rd time he suggested the same knowing full well he'll blame it on his favourite cabal when it does ehhh Newell you twat

"I personally hope he walks away, I really do"

Just read the rest of his post pure gold with reference to bullying

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10458
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:03 am

A set of flood lights has been moved to the Barn Park stand

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4284
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:51 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hold the front page fatboy has proclaimed of Shyster Brent at 6.02pm of the 19/07 what he knows is coming and the 3rd time he suggested the same knowing full well he'll blame it on his favourite cabal when it does ehhh Newell you twat

"I personally hope he walks away, I really do"

Just read the rest of his post pure gold with reference to bullying

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope he walks away too cheers cheers

Are we finally all on the same page now? LOL cheers
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:57 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hold the front page fatboy has proclaimed of Shyster Brent at 6.02pm of the 19/07 what he knows is coming and the 3rd time he suggested the same knowing full well he'll blame it on his favourite cabal when it does ehhh Newell you twat

"I personally hope he walks away, I really do"

Just read the rest of his post pure gold with reference to bullying

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stuck that in the has he lost it thread earlier,

looks like he's paving the way
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 408
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Illogan Highway

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:06 am

About the first time in his life that Porky's said anything of substance and something that people actually agree with him on.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3337
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:14 am

Apologies for repeated post 3 above as was already on Piggys personal thread. Will leave it there so fatboy gets all the ridicule he richly deserves
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:20 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Apologies for repeated post 3 above as was already on Piggys personal thread. Will leave it there so fatboy gets all the ridicule he richly deserves

Thats alright couldn't sleep so needed a laugh,

heres a laugh for this one
Same thread on the farm

"So you think that Hallett having seen the treatment meted out to Brent would joyfully give large wads of cash to Argyle? I think not"

What treatment is that apart from the likening to a sex criminal to put it in the lightest form,
He's got off lightly cause the pig has batted stuff away from the door so he doesn't hear or see it,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:23 am

Might have already been covered but the close ups have been stuck up,

delays to the mankover and now the photos.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Get them before they get pulled , oh and none of that sending the photos to the pcc laugh laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:29 am

photo 90 confirms those cabins to be the shop....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3337
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 am

Jethro wrote:
Might have already been covered but the close ups have been stuck up,

delays to the mankover and now the photos.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Get them before they get pulled , oh and none of that sending the photos to the pcc laugh laugh laugh laugh

So a complete set of photos all of which can and were seen via the webcam. Another winner Steve Dean....

By the way Mr Dean we are still waiting for the culprit to be exposed as you claimed your photos of the mud were sent to PCC. Perhaps that was just fatboy stirring your pot pig pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 5 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: