Chemical Ali
Tringreen
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PASTIES AND FEUDING.... Empty
PostSubject: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi, Not sure if this is the right place for this one.
Just watched “The Fixer” on BBC2. Set in Padstow, with a feuding family.
She (Alex Polizzi - The Fixer) came in and sorted out a failing business riven by family squabbles. (Sound familiar??).
The final line was a cracker – daughter and mother who couldn’t agree. “We are both singing from the same hymn sheet, just different verses”.
If they didn’t get it sorted, business down the tubes. Finally sorted and I think a happy ending. Give and take from all parties concerned. Good programme.

2 things
1. Can we stop the feuding??
2. Can we get Chough pasties at Home Park? They looked great and are home-made. Also sold on a mobile van.
Posted on ATD and PASOTI. Head own for flak!!

Merv Plummer

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Pasties are a favourite subject and part of my diet so I'll be first.

Answer to question 1. Is your ass still pointing downwards? If yes then the asnswer to the question is NO.

Answer to question 2. The pasties on sale at the ground are pants and the price is rediculous along with most of the other refreshments sold there. I would not buy anything in the ground food or drink wise. The Dewney's van at the Barn Park entrance sells pasties to the passing crowd. It flogs medium sized pasties passed off as large for £1.90 each. Whilst not bad as pasties go, I have had better, the size and price are again small and steep in that order. I can get a pasty in the market in town which is twice the size, therefore a proper large pasty, for £1.74 and that stall holder pays for the pitch. Any improvement on price and standard in the ground would have to be a winner in this neck of the woods. This is a serious subject so I hope everyone takes it as such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Very emotive subject is Pasties Merv. You could start a real argument on here that could rage on for days.

I will say that I have recorded tonights episode of the Fixer, as I enjoyed The Hotel Inspector and find Alex Polizzi top totty, and am now really looking forward to watching her handle her Chough.

With regard to the feuding issue, I don't find that nearly as erotic as Alex Polizzi's Chough, so I will refrain from commenting on that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Why is your little one eating a rodent greenjock? It's not even fried let alone in batter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Why is your little one eating a rodent greenjock? It's not even fried let alone in batter.

He's very mature for his age. I put the moustache on him for Movember and received about a dozen complaints on Facebook, but I would like to assure everyone that no children were harmed in the taking of the photograph, well except for the rash he still has from me having to use Mr Muscle to get the adhesive off his top lip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: PASTIES AND FEUDING...   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Nice to see the usual resposnes.

Ah well, we are doomed.

A curse on both your houses.

Merv Plummer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Hang on Merv, I gave you a 100% serious answer in the first instance. It was a northern contributor who lowered the tone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:22 pm

Don't know what you want to hear Merv? I look in on Pasoti but don't post on there anymore. Prefer ATD and Alex Polizzi's Chough.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:53 pm

I think a lot of the bitterness with PASOTI has dissipated with the rotund one's very public withdrawal. Obviously at this stage we're unsure if this is entirely truthful (who knows which "cowards and freaks" hide behind the moderator pseuds), but all that remains is a legacy of stifling debate. They're now amusing rather than disturbing.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I think a lot of the bitterness with PASOTI has dissipated with the rotund one's very public withdrawal. Obviously at this stage we're unsure if this is entirely truthful (who knows which "cowards and freaks" hide behind the moderator pseuds), but all that remains is a legacy of stifling debate. They're now amusing rather than disturbing.

Sadly Mock, not everything is as it seems on the surface. It will all come out in the wash.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 am

I can't comment on the size or quality of a £1.74 Market pasty.

I will say though, that £2.40 gets you a 'Giant' Ivor Dewdney.

Nothing else matters, really. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:59 am

pafcineurope wrote:

Nice to see the usual resposnes.

Ah well, we are doomed.

A curse on both your houses.

Merv Plummer.

Merv....... this forum was created/resurrected by a handful of posters banned by Pasoti, largely because we didn't trust in stapes and wouldn't keep quiet about it.

I am one of them and recently offered Mr Newell and the Pasoti mods through him, a solution to bring to an end to the name calling and bad feeling. All Pasoti had to do was reinstate said banned members and stop any future censorship of all 'legal' viewpoints.
I don't think any of us would have posted on Pasoti but a new era of being able to agree to disagree would have been heralded in.

My offer was rejected by 8 votes to one with Mr Newell abstaining. The only addition to his statement wasn't 'thanks for trying' or 'maybe we should revisit this in the future' but was 'Pasoti is not democratic and never will be'.[ or words to that effect.... full transcript on Exeweb. The Exewebbers questioned why were washing our dirty linen on their forum and I was criticised by Mr Newell and a follower for the same thing BUT as I'm banned from Pasoti and he won't debate on ATD, where else do we chat ? Silencing of any opposition is key to any dictatorship]
I think Pasoti missed a real trick here. As a result of their refusal to 'change' and be fair and inclusive to all fans from super to cynic, ATD continues to grow.
As has been mentioned on here, the average age of poster and quality of debate are in general far higher on ATD.
Many long standing and previously respected Pasoti people are now distancing themselves from a forum that is no longer vibrant, tolerant and fair.

Never say never. My offer to Pasoti still stands but I'd be amazed if what has essentially become a sick regime will agree to change tack willingly. We all know what happens to dictatorships eventually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

I've mentioned this on another thread. Ponty responding to me on the 'Contact The Admins' board, yet there's nothing against his name to suggest that he's a moderator. No jannerbanner, no 'name in bold.' Why hide it?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:14 am

On ATD we decided not to highlight mods but there is a list somewhere and we'll be looking for fresh blood in a few months. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 am

His (Ponty) post count has also dropped from around 10k to just 30 (is it an old account?).

Interestingly the other day the OP (Merv) put a thread on the main pasoti board asking IJN what he meant by 'freaks and weirdos' (I guess from the pasoti twitter feed of IJN's account). The thread was moved to Terraces (very quickly) with an answer from IJN also (could have been coincidence that he posted his answer exactly when it was moved Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:16 am

The difference is, Tring, us mere mortals can view the Site Admin board. Quiet on there, innit?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:30 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
The difference is, Tring, us mere mortals can view the Site Admin board. Quiet on there, innit?

Tumbleweed....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 am

pafcineurope wrote:
Hi, Not sure if this is the right place for this one.
Just watched “The Fixer” on BBC2. Set in Padstow, with a feuding family.
She (Alex Polizzi - The Fixer) came in and sorted out a failing business riven by family squabbles. (Sound familiar??).
The final line was a cracker – daughter and mother who couldn’t agree. “We are both singing from the same hymn sheet, just different verses”.
If they didn’t get it sorted, business down the tubes. Finally sorted and I think a happy ending. Give and take from all parties concerned. Good programme.

2 things
1. Can we stop the feuding??
2. Can we get Chough pasties at Home Park? They looked great and are home-made. Also sold on a mobile van.
Posted on ATD and PASOTI. Head own for flak!!

Merv Plummer

It’s confusing Merv, you originally join this site and have a mild pop at Pasoti, then you terminate your membership on here with a mild pop at ATD as you didn’t enjoy the comments, but then you re-join again and create a thread on both forums with the agenda of stopping the feuding?

My view is that there isn’t and never has been for the majority of ATD users, a feud with Pasoti, but I acknowledge that there’s been ill feeling between many on here and one or two individuals that use Pasoti and I’m aware that the ill feeling regarding these one or two individuals isn’t just an ATD thing, I think you’ll find a great many with the same views that use Pasoti as well as other organisations. - There’s a whole world of difference between what you are suggesting and what most of us feel.

I also think that ill feeling is becoming diluted as these one or two individuals no longer seek the limelight, although that agenda seems to have changed yet again and it’s easy to see judging from one or two comments and threads once again being dragged into the gutter.

I would be happy to see “them” go one way and we go the other and I have stated this many times, but one or two cannot accept that and continue to pester us, that’s life and we’ll live with it and to be frank, I don’t think anyone takes these characters seriously anymore so there’s little harm done.

I also now think it’s a healthy thing to have more than one club related forum and as has already been said, it’s becoming clear that the two sites have differing and evolving agendas with Pasoti seemingly evolving into more of an official club role with debates that focus on chanting, singing and flags etc. while ATD seems to be heading towards the role of the more serious debate agenda regarding club politics etc. - I think that both forums/roles are required and that both forums can live happily beside each other.

I would also suggest that despite almost nightly attacks on this site in one form or another that the “mood” is slowly changing and a degree of acceptance is being reached, but I also think it’s possible that your attempt to bridge the divide could encourage the flames to grow once again by the raising of this debate. Why do you feel that you need to encourage this in one direction or the other, Merv?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 am

Cos he's a nice bloke and it keeps him off the eating n drinking for a while.

Ain't that right Merv ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 am

Get Oggy Oggy pasties up at argyle, failing that get the Morrisons crantock ones.... As a huge pastie eater, these are by far the best ones that i have tasted
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 am

Do they sell the Crantock ones in Morrisons nationwide or just SW England ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:51 am

Slightly off topic but nevertheless...................... ?

It seems it takes only a few disingenous global warming zealots to fool the masses, but there is prescedent for mass hysteria led by mad fools: Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Sadam Hussein, Gadaffi and many more, it seems it takes a fool to fiddle other fools, and the bigger the lie the easier to sell, so long as it is shouted from the rooftops with wild eyes and authority, people will want to fall in line, and the more sheep that follow, the greater the delusion becomes; that no one dare question; unless of course they are brave enough to not be one of the blind sheep!

pig jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 am

I visit the Crantock production site every month (for work purposes)- they've won quite a number of awards for their products and are quite innovative with their flavours (they usually do a Christmas meal pasty). There's a few Argyle fans that work there too.

I also like Barnacotts (based in Bodmin).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:01 am

I get my pasties from a butcher in trowbridge. Can't call them Cornish anymore but they are fantastic. Huge and full of steak and peppery. He saves me two every week and only charges me £2 each. Walter rose and co Wiltshire pasties lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 am

I dont know whether crantocks are sold all over or not...

Anyone ever had a kitley farm shop pasty? pepper, lots of steak. Amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PASTIES AND FEUDING....   PASTIES AND FEUDING.... Empty

Back to top Go down

PASTIES AND FEUDING....
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next