Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Scott Wootton Joins Argyle

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

avatar

Posts : 9323
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:56 am

Greenskin wrote:
Simple question for Zyph, Graiser and Tone;

Based on what you know of the in situ squad combined with the new signings,if things did go tits up next season and Argyle struggle who would you think is primarily responsible-Adams or the board?




Adams has a proven system for choosing his players....on average he comes out well on top....but of course, just remind us of those that don't make it....more slagging mileage in that approach of course.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:02 am

Greenskin wrote:
Simple question for Zyph, Graiser and Tone;

Based on what you know of the in situ squad combined with the new signings,if things did go tits up next season and Argyle struggle who would you think is primarily responsible-Adams or the board?



See previous post, however Adams is the Manager and whatever other job title he currently holds, he has a budget he must have been satisfied with to agree a new 5 year contract, so subject to any new transfer/loan activity up to the deadline and also any potential January deals, primarily it’s Derek that’ll be having his testicles pulled for non performing
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:09 am

In the world of the gaffer and tiger, you never question the admiralty, only the nearest captain pugwash. LOL
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:11 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Bleddy Hell what a depressing bunch you lot are, just a suggestion Mods, what about a Suicide Watch thread, cos I think some of these bheys are ready to jump off a rock somewhere

honest question do you think its normal for a club to sign so many players bad injury records and see that as exciting?
The exciting thing is that it appears DA knows what he is doing when signing players. He has improved us year-on-year but lets not allow facts to invade the boring anti-everthing brigade. zzzzzzzzzz Sleep

Just to pluck two names at random, how are the careers of David Ijaha and Aaron Taylor Sinclair going these days?

Who cares, We can all pick out statistics to suit our own thoughts, I could respond with how are the careers of Carey and Bradley (whose signing from Crawley just before he nearly signed for Eastleigh attracted the usual hysterical nonsense) doing these days after a couple of years with Derek.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:12 am

beesrus wrote:
In the world of the gaffer and tiger, you never question the admiralty, only the nearest captain pugwash. LOL

Do you have a book of crap quotes or does your brain really produce them ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10738
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 68
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 am

Nool........when trying to cosy up to Stapes via the business lowwwwwwnge and his growing control over pisspotty............

Having been banned from his farm in response to my predictions of impending doom if stapes and co didn't sell up. Apparently I was 'upsetting' other posters lol

'Year on year progress. ...The organic model......Trust in Stapes......I'll never hear a bad word about that man and his lovely family.....Enjoy the ride !"

Sound familiar ?

Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:31 am

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
In the world of the gaffer and tiger, you never question the admiralty, only the nearest captain pugwash. LOL

Do you have a book of crap quotes or does your brain really produce them ?

It's not a quote gaffer, it's a statement of fact.
Would you prefer a "you never question the boardroom, only the line manager" ? Keep it simple like.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5021
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:34 am

Graiser wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Bleddy Hell what a depressing bunch you lot are, just a suggestion Mods, what about a Suicide Watch thread, cos I think some of these bheys are ready to jump off a rock somewhere

honest question do you think its normal for a club to sign so many players bad injury records and see that as exciting?
The exciting thing is that it appears DA knows what he is doing when signing players. He has improved us year-on-year but lets not allow facts to invade the boring anti-everthing brigade. zzzzzzzzzz Sleep

Just to pluck two names at random, how are the careers of David Ijaha and Aaron Taylor Sinclair going these days?

Who cares, We can all pick out statistics to suit our own thoughts, I could respond with how are the careers of Carey and Bradley (whose signing from Crawley just before he nearly signed for Eastleigh attracted the usual hysterical nonsense) doing these days after a couple of years with Derek.

They're playing a for third division football clubs in rotting grounds. Next question.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:28 am

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
In the world of the gaffer and tiger, you never question the admiralty, only the nearest captain pugwash. LOL

Do you have a book of crap quotes or does your brain really produce them ?

It's not a quote gaffer, it's a statement of fact.
Would you prefer a "you never question the boardroom, only the line manager" ? Keep it simple like.

Your facts, not reality
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Bleddy Hell what a depressing bunch you lot are, just a suggestion Mods, what about a Suicide Watch thread, cos I think some of these bheys are ready to jump off a rock somewhere

honest question do you think its normal for a club to sign so many players bad injury records and see that as exciting?
The exciting thing is that it appears DA knows what he is doing when signing players. He has improved us year-on-year but lets not allow facts to invade the boring anti-everthing brigade. zzzzzzzzzz Sleep

Just to pluck two names at random, how are the careers of David Ijaha and Aaron Taylor Sinclair going these days?

Who cares, We can all pick out statistics to suit our own thoughts, I could respond with how are the careers of Carey and Bradley (whose signing from Crawley just before he nearly signed for Eastleigh attracted the usual hysterical nonsense) doing these days after a couple of years with Derek.

They're playing a for third division football clubs in rotting grounds. Next question.

It wasn’t a question, but as your asking one, they’re playing for 3rd division clubs on excellent salaries and they’re careers have definitely progressed after playing for Argyle.
As for playing in rotting grounds, with their salaries i don’t think they give a flying one.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1386
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:49 am

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Simple question for Zyph, Graiser and Tone;

Based on what you know of the in situ squad combined with the new signings,if things did go tits up next season and Argyle struggle who would you think is primarily responsible-Adams or the board?



See previous post, however Adams is the Manager and whatever other job title he currently holds, he has a budget he must have been satisfied with to agree a new 5 year contract, so subject to any new transfer/loan activity up to the deadline and also any potential January deals, primarily it’s Derek that’ll be having his testicles pulled for non performing

FFS, the only 'budget' he was happy with was the guaranteed 5 year contract. No football manager in his position would turn that down. Bearing in mind you totally ignored the only question I've ever asked you... you're another twat. No arguments, just a twat.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4990
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:57 am

zyph wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Simple question for Zyph, Graiser and Tone;

Based on what you know of the in situ squad combined with the new signings,if things did go tits up next season and Argyle struggle who would you think is primarily responsible-Adams or the board?




Adams has a proven system for choosing his players....on average he comes out well on top....but of course, just remind us of those that don't make it....more slagging mileage in that approach of course.

Try answering the question Zyph.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1861
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:20 pm

Why is it, that whenever a new signing is announced, the article always ends with...'the club have not disclosed the length of his contract at Home Park'.

Why the feck not? What possible reason is there to keep players' contracts secret? Must be the transparency thing Brent keeps going on about.

Anyway, plenty of new faces once again. Hopefully they will be a success at Home Park and irrespective of budget issues, Adams has done well with the players in previous seasons.

It does smack though of short termism - get cheap players in for a year, if they're ok, give them another year, if not get some others in. Not the way to plan a march up the leagues I would suggest.

Oh for a 5 year plan, which actually mentions football, and not just property.

Actually, they probably do have a plan but they haven't disclosed the length of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 9323
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Greenskin wrote:
zyph wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Simple question for Zyph, Graiser and Tone;

Based on what you know of the in situ squad combined with the new signings,if things did go tits up next season and Argyle struggle who would you think is primarily responsible-Adams or the board?




Adams has a proven system for choosing his players....on average he comes out well on top....but of course, just remind us of those that don't make it....more slagging mileage in that approach of course.

Try answering the question Zyph.


If this, if that.....just an hypothetical question......Derek has been busy in the market place...and has done well.....don't see too much happening in Div One that gets me envious....accept Lyle Taylor going to Charlton....and they are between owners and haven't appointed a full time manager at the moment....from my Charlton friend I'm told that they haven't got anywhere near a squad together yet....oh and don't forget their £65 million in the red as well....that's what has been slowing down the takeover.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1386
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:08 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Why is it, that whenever a new signing is announced, the article always ends with...'the club have not disclosed the length of his contract at Home Park'.

Why the feck not? What possible reason is there to keep players' contracts secret? Must be the transparency thing Brent keeps going on about.

It's not just players and contract lengths, it's anything and everything to do with finances. How many times have we heard the word 'sensitive' being trotted out when it comes to finances. They hide behind 'sensitive' when it comes to the accounts being disclosed some 6-10 months later. What advantage do we gain when Fleetwood disclose their full accounts?, or any club for that matter. We're simply one of those clubs with a dodgy chairman who refuses to placate the supporters.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 5121
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:48 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Why is it, that whenever a new signing is announced, the article always ends with...'the club have not disclosed the length of his contract at Home Park'.

Why the feck not? What possible reason is there to keep players' contracts secret? Must be the transparency thing Brent keeps going on about.


Totally agree. Any agent worth his salt is going to know all the details anyway. That's their job.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4670
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 pm

zyph wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Simple question for Zyph, Graiser and Tone;

Based on what you know of the in situ squad combined with the new signings,if things did go tits up next season and Argyle struggle who would you think is primarily responsible-Adams or the board?




Adams has a proven system for choosing his players....on average he comes out well on top....but of course, just remind us of those that don't make it....more slagging mileage in that approach of course.
You haven't been to Homepark for thity years and you dont live in a far off distant land unless Kent has moved, Troll somewhere else Papa Smurf.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3449
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Simple question for Zyph, Graiser and Tone;

Based on what you know of the in situ squad combined with the new signings,if things did go tits up next season and Argyle struggle who would you think is primarily responsible-Adams or the board?



See previous post, however Adams is the Manager and whatever other job title he currently holds, he has a budget he must have been satisfied with to agree a new 5 year contract, so subject to any new transfer/loan activity up to the deadline and also any potential January deals, primarily it’s Derek that’ll be having his testicles pulled for non performing

It will be interesting to see whether Adams mentions his very low budget through the next five years as he has every season previously? If he is so satisfied with the playing budget why do you think he keeps bringing it up? Strange behaviour.
The fact that he has signed a five year contract is undoubtedly more about Adams own wage packet than what he's allowed to offer the players in theirs. It's not hard to fathom out is it?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Simple question for Zyph, Graiser and Tone;

Based on what you know of the in situ squad combined with the new signings,if things did go tits up next season and Argyle struggle who would you think is primarily responsible-Adams or the board?



See previous post, however Adams is the Manager and whatever other job title he currently holds, he has a budget he must have been satisfied with to agree a new 5 year contract, so subject to any new transfer/loan activity up to the deadline and also any potential January deals, primarily it’s Derek that’ll be having his testicles pulled for non performing

It will be interesting to see whether Adams mentions his very low budget through the next five years as he has every season previously? If he is so satisfied with the playing budget why do you think he keeps bringing it up? Strange behaviour.
The fact that he has signed a five year contract is undoubtedly more about Adams own wage packet than what he's allowed to offer the players in theirs. It's not hard to fathom out is it?

Any manager in any industry would like more budget, however once it’s settled they get on with it or they can sod off, he hasn’t, done the opposite, so no it’s not hard to fathom, besides who says the budget is very low ? Is that an ATD fact or do you know, if so let us know and if it is as shite as your implying then I’ll stand shoulder to shoulder with you and write the same old same old stuff your all very good at.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3784
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Word of the Brent Era,
OPAQUE opposite of transparent,
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10738
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 68
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 pm

Maybe someone could ask the reluctant one next month. I'm sure he'll give a straight answer lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3784
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Maybe someone could ask the reluctant one next month. I'm sure he'll give a straight answer lol!

Someone film the hissy fit Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Indeed. All you have to do is ask a question in the time honoured simpleton manner, and the Brent and Hallett empire just opens up and spills all the beans and the ins and outs of their plan. All you have to do is turn up at a compulsory EFL Q and A, or send in your postal question, and all will be laid out before you. Can't think why I haven't done it before. pirat
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1958
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:17 pm

So none of you know.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1916
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Derek Adams Plymouth Herald May 2018

“We have got less finance than a lot of clubs that are below us this season. We are over-achieving.

“My supporters don’t like me saying that but it’s reality. We are over-achieving as a football club in relation to the budget that we have compared to others.


Good to have you standing shoulder to shoulder with us....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Scott Wootton Joins Argyle    

Back to top Go down
 
Scott Wootton Joins Argyle
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: