Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 6:44 am

'Investment Prospectus' ?

GT's must still be 'short' if they've approached the trust ?

From what I've understood, the GT's run the bars for 5 years, or until they've repaid the investors ? Then it belongs to the clubs' shareholders. Is this correct ?

Isn't it meant to be a sort of 'Upstairs Downstairs' set up, where the 'more equals' feast upstairs and the general Avivas know their place downstairs, unless they pay enough to join the top table ?

As SH has been prominent with his missives recently, I wonder if he could answer a simple question ? Can he envisage the club under the current ownership and development plans, ever being able to organically support a Championship team, with anything other than mere survival being a realistic target ?

My own opinion is that only clubs with a developed fanbase through a top flight history and/or an impressive stadium/investing wealth in the boardroom, can attract the 20k + attendances required. Of course, the investing wealth of Bournemouth's owner worked without the stadium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 am

Rickler, you don't get it, do you. Unlike the rest of my input on here, your and my "tiff" has nothing to do with football trifles and I don't have an interest in your thoughts on the football, club or park. It's gone beyond that and is a male thing, as you made it so. That has been your angle right from the start. It's how you operate when someone gets up your nose.  
Well, you answered the question as you were instructed. For my part, if you remember, it is me that decides what I talk about, not you and your pointless questions. Hope that clarifies things for you. Blimey, I sound just like you.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 7:36 am

Tringreen wrote:
'Investment Prospectus' ?

GT's must still be 'short' if they've approached the trust ?

From what I've understood, the GT's run the bars for 5 years, or until they've repaid the investors ? Then it belongs to the clubs' shareholders. Is this correct ?

Isn't it meant to be a sort of 'Upstairs Downstairs' set up, where the 'more equals' feast upstairs and the general Avivas know their place downstairs, unless they pay enough to join the top table ?

As SH has been prominent with his missives recently, I wonder if he could answer a simple question ? Can he envisage the club under the current ownership and development plans, ever being able to organically support a Championship team, with anything other than mere survival being a realistic target ?

My own opinion is that only clubs with a developed fanbase through a top flight history and/or an impressive stadium/investing wealth in the boardroom, can attract the 20k + attendances required. Of course, the investing wealth of Bournemouth's owner worked without the stadium.

I still have McGuires SMS on my phone nicely stored with the content that James Brent has no financial interest in the GTs bar....The same GT's that promised a prospectus some 3-4 months to me and still waiting as are others. (You were going to get back to me Wozzer)
Why are they still apparently looking for funds is a good question.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 7:41 am

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd also add that it seems it's not only Brent with a cash shortfall hence the approach to the Trust by the GT's.

Hello AFT,

Is this true, or is the AFT acting on its own initiative?

It was discussed by the board as a potential investment vehicle. During the discussion we decided to put the idea to our membership before making a final decision. Suggesting that the GTs approached AFT is stretching it a bit. Put simply we are as aware of the conditions attached as everybody else who might have shown an interest.
Really?
Is there any investment prospectus out from the GT's?
I was at the original meeting before the Wimbledon home game and expressed an interest, but have heard nothing since then.
Perhaps it was only supplied at Fans fests or to the Senior Greens.

Yes there is an investment prospectus and it has been read and considered by the board.

If you want a copy it is probably easiest to contact the GTs and ask for one.
They obviously don't want my money as an investment then, because I certainly left all my details at that meeting.
Hey ho, i'll spend it on something else. Perhaps a sticker or a mug.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 7:47 am

BBC1 wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd also add that it seems it's not only Brent with a cash shortfall hence the approach to the Trust by the GT's.

Hello AFT,

Is this true, or is the AFT acting on its own initiative?

It was discussed by the board as a potential investment vehicle. During the discussion we decided to put the idea to our membership before making a final decision. Suggesting that the GTs approached AFT is stretching it a bit. Put simply we are as aware of the conditions attached as everybody else who might have shown an interest.
Really?
Is there any investment prospectus out from the GT's?
I was at the original meeting before the Wimbledon home game and expressed an interest, but have heard nothing since then.
Perhaps it was only supplied at Fans fests or to the Senior Greens.

Yes there is an investment prospectus and it has been read and considered by the board.

If you want a copy it is probably easiest to contact the GTs and ask for one.
They obviously don't want my money as an investment then, because I certainly left all my details at that meeting.
Hey ho, i'll spend it on something else. Perhaps a sticker or a mug.

Yep I recall you saying that at the time.
Someone descibed Gary McGuire as "the go to man" to get things done quite bizarre

Anyway we know that the Bar itself wont be handed over to James Brent after 5 years as Mr Gary has already stated otherwise popcorn
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 7:58 am

Why isn't the prospectus simply posted on the GT website for all to see. Why is everything about Argyle (stand design, Gasboard, accounts etc etc) so complicated. No wonder people are cynical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 am

I believe the bar will return to Brent's control along with the sale of that corner of the ground. It was always the bit of the park he had his eye on and is why he originally wanted to situate his "hotel" there. You know, the sort of "hotel" with few facilities, that it's reasonably straight forward these days to close down and change use to residential parkside apartments with the best view of the park. The guy has had sliding agendas ever since he rocked up. That hasn't changed. Will probably offer a place to "the gts" back in his faltering corporate shoe in space as a way of moving them on.  Who stumps up a million for a 5 year lease on a promise ! If Brent had offered them a proper long term lease, his motives wouldn't have showed. But he didn't. I suppose the story will be the gts didn't want a longer lease.

Last edited by beesrus on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 8:42 am

beesrus wrote:
I believe the bar will return to Brent's control along with the sale of that corner of the ground.

For someones sake it better not as he has no financial interest ehh Gary..... popcorn3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 9:20 am

Dingle wrote:
Why isn't the prospectus simply posted on the GT website for all to see.   Why is everything about Argyle (stand design, Gasboard, accounts etc etc) so complicated.  No wonder people are cynical.  

Its usually an exercise in making sure that Brent gets all the benefit at no risk to his finances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFT Supporters Bar Survey   AFT Supporters Bar Survey - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

AFT Supporters Bar Survey
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3