Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 3rd incoming

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 10552
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:29 am

ARGYLE have made rangy forward Freddie Ladapo their latest summer recruit.

Ladapo’s career has seen its ups and downs, as the 25-year-old has been able to count 14 clubs home, from the Premier League to the Isthmian League, but now looks to settle down with Argyle in League One.

Ladapo heads to Plymouth having been released by Southend, who signed him from Crystal Palace in January. Palace had plucked Ladapo from Margate, where he was scoring freely in tier seven, but the Eagles only gave him two appearances, and sent him out for loan spells at Oldham and Shrewsbury.

Margate had been the destination for Freddie following a slide down from his start at Colchester, via Kidderminster Harriers, and numerous loans in between, and the goals he scored in Margate’s promotion, and those he bagged on loan at Grays Athletic, showed he is a man with an eye for a goal.

Good luck at Home Park, Freddie.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4231
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:38 am

Margate ffs
The relegation squad is coming together nicely.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3052
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:00 am

It’s just keeps getting better & better jeez
Thank you jimmy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3052
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 am

If this signing don’t suggest our budget & wages are shit nothing will ffs
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:19 am

This is seriously worrying now. Far worse than last summer's acquisitions. We haven't got a chance next season.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am

RegGreen wrote:
If this signing don’t suggest our budget & wages are shit nothing will ffs

The resident brentophiles will be along shortly to defend the utterly indefensible
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4821
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:59 am

He scored a few goals at Shrewsbury which suggests he might be ok, the fact he was released by Southend and appears to have spent most of his career playing non league football suggest otherwise. Regardless it’s another punt on a bargain bin player.


Last edited by Hugh Watt on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

avatar

Posts : 351
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
He scored a few goals at Shrewsbury which suggests he might be ok, the fact he was released by Southend and appears to have spent most of his career suggest otherwise. Regardless it’s another punt on a bargain bin player.

It is another poundland special but he's clearly the back-up option for Taylor. If Taylor is fit (big if), he plays.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2801
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:15 am

I wonder if he's bringing his boots. Nat 2.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:58 pm

" Rangy Forward " = SHITE
Back to top Go down
mandela



Posts : 37
Join date : 2011-12-02

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Pound shop time again. Flipping heck.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Can you put the players name in the title please?
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11117
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:51 pm

How is Rob McNichol in a job?

Seems like another cheap signing designed to cool the fans hopes for the new season as reality starts to kick in.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4458
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:29 pm

What can you say about this Donkey ?? fourteen clubs and apart fom Mighty Margate he's been shit at everyone!!!....... Ten thousand fans supporting argo with a Budget of one with a thousand, where's the money going Community Boyz?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1372
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Trying to be positive he might just link up with Grant as a potential plan b. Might be better to judge when the window closes.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2295
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Trying to be positive he might just link up with Grant as a potential plan b.  Might be better to judge when the window closes.
Absolutely. He's back up and thats it.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2295
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Freathy wrote:
This is seriously worrying now. Far worse than last summer's acquisitions.  We haven't got a chance next season.

Cut and pasted from last season, and the previous season. Sleep
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4458
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:06 pm

tigertony wrote:
Freathy wrote:
This is seriously worrying now. Far worse than last summer's acquisitions.  We haven't got a chance next season.

Cut and pasted from last season, and the previous season. Sleep
Geddon Captain, keep tugging that Cornish Forelock Jimmy, needs you. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6355
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:42 pm

tigertony wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Trying to be positive he might just link up with Grant as a potential plan b.  Might be better to judge when the window closes.
Absolutely. He's back up and thats it.

He is clearly not good enough for league football. Why bother having him as back up when he isn’t good enough to “back up” if needed?

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4231
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:56 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Freathy wrote:
This is seriously worrying now. Far worse than last summer's acquisitions.  We haven't got a chance next season.

Cut and pasted from last season, and the previous season. Sleep
Geddon Captain, keep tugging that Cornish Forelock Jimmy, needs you. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Triple t knows best, the voice of reason. laugh
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11117
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:00 pm

WHERES THE MONEY GONE?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4231
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Absolutely no strategic plan or ambition to build year on year and invest, much easier and cheaper to rely on a manager (again) to work miracles with cheapies.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6355
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Graham Carey, Vincent Dorel, Jake Jervis, Josh Simpson, Gregg Wylde.

Loans: Hiram Boateng (Crystal P.), Luke Croll (Crystal P.), Jordon Forster (Hibernian), Jordan Houghton (Chelsea), Jamille Matt (Stevenage), Daniel Nardiello (Bury), Craig Tanner (Reading), Oscar Threlkeld (Bolton), Christian Walton (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Nathan Blissett, Sonny Bradley, Nauris Bulvitis, Ryan Donaldson, David Fox, David Goodwillie, David Ijaha, Marc McCallum, Gary Miller, Karleigh Osborne, Antoni Sarcevic, Jordan Slew, Connor Smith, Jakub Sokolik, Yann Songo'o, Jimmy Spencer, Ryan Taylor.

Loans: Arnold Garita (Bristol C.), Matty Kennedy (Cardiff), Craig Tanner (Reading).

Lionel Ainsworth, Simon Church, Toumani Diagouraga, Ryan Edwards, Joel Grant, Ruben Lameiras, Kyle Letheren, Jamie Ness, Paul Paton, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Robbert te Loeke.

Loans: Nadir Ciftci (Celtic), Moses Makasi (West Ham), Will Mannion (Hull City), Remi Matthews (Norwich), Kelle Roos (Derby County), Zak Vyner (Bristol C.)
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2295
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:43 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Absolutely no strategic plan or ambition to build year on year and invest, much easier and cheaper to rely on a manager (again) to work miracles with cheapies.
So, why did DA sign a long contract? Why would he risk his entire career at a club where he was so inhibited? Cheapies are historic. Players are either 'free' (Bosman) or 'fee' (in contract) and that means you can pick up a good player for free whenever you wish (GC10, Diagourada, SB, Ryan T, Sarcy, Foxy, etc). You don't have to pay a fortune to get good players. Get over it. Argyle are the ONLY club that has improved year on year for 5 years! FACT!
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6355
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:48 pm

tigertony wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Absolutely no strategic plan or ambition to build year on year and invest, much easier and cheaper to rely on a manager (again) to work miracles with cheapies.
So, why did DA sign a long contract? Why would he risk his entire career at a club where he was so inhibited? Cheapies are historic. Players are either 'free' (Bosman) or 'fee' (in contract) and that means you can pick up a good player for free whenever you wish (GC10, Diagourada, SB, Ryan T, Sarcy, Foxy, etc). You don't have to pay a fortune to get good players. Get over it. Argyle are the ONLY club that has improved year on year for 5 years! FACT!

And my list of players above proves it’s more miss than hit when it comes to freebies. We understand how the transfer market works. You clearly don’t.

DA signed a 5 year contract because it gives him a guarantee of 5 years wages. If his stock rises he will move upwards and get paid more. If he fails he will still get paid. It’s nothing to do with his faith in Argyle and Brent. It’s to do with job security in the most insecure profession in the country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 3rd incoming   

Back to top Go down
 
3rd incoming
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: