Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Tommy Robinson

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3235
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:16 am

Yep comon Gaffer stick to the subject that Franny wants to talk about but whatever you do don't try and stray away from the point he's making. It's like a normal debate with a normal person but much more constrained I refuse to play by his rules anymore it's pointless.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1898
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It isn't confusing at all.

What I am doing is highlighting the contempt for BRITISH law that "Tommy Robinson" has shown for many years.

God knows why you brought the EU into this.

I just get irritated by unelected EU beaurocrats having contempt for British Law or doesn’t that count for anything?
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:43 pm

I have contempt for unelected insurance companies dominating much of where british culture is headed. Can we have a vote about that please ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 5068
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
why say it in 10 words when 1000 will do eh Frank lol
.

In modern parlence it's called 'fransplaining'...
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

avatar

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:38 pm

These things need to be explained in so many condescending words as otherwise us thick twaats who's political views lie anywhere to the right of his extremist Marxist beliefs wouldn’t understand.
Hardly surprising really given we haven’t had the privilege of such a wonderful education at one of England’s premier seats of learning.
It’s a wonder we manage to read anything at all.
Now where did I put those crayons ?

Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1898
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 pm

beesrus wrote:
I have contempt for unelected insurance companies dominating much of where british culture is headed. Can we have a vote about that please ?

Load of Bollox, None of us have to buy their insurance, common term is voting with your feet.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:58 pm

You're missing my point graiser. These companies just hike their prices or just won't quote.
Which basically means community, local council etc just can't do certain things without being left totally without cover, yet we can go to war at a drop of a hat when it's underwritten by government.

It's a form of censorship that isn't written in the "book of rools". If we don't like it, we won't cover it. Just who are these people who decide risk ? Thousands of trees, for instance, are needlessly chopped down under threats from insurance companies. If the cartel aren't prepared to offer cover for certain things at a reasonable price, they should be hounded from pillar to post, locked up until they understand what risk in the real world is all about.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4928
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:38 am

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I have contempt for unelected insurance companies dominating much of where british culture is headed. Can we have a vote about that please ?

Load of Bollox, None of us have to buy their insurance, common term is voting with your feet.

Tragically ignorant as ever.
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 9260
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:16 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
These things need to be explained in so many condescending words as otherwise us thick twaats who's political views lie anywhere to the right of his extremist Marxist beliefs wouldn’t understand.
Hardly surprising really given we haven’t had the privilege of such a wonderful education at one of England’s premier seats of learning.
It’s a wonder we manage to read anything at all.
Now where did I put those crayons ?


There over there with your slate board.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 7197
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It isn't confusing at all.

What I am doing is highlighting the contempt for BRITISH law that "Tommy Robinson" has shown for many years.

God knows why you brought the EU into this.

I just get irritated by unelected EU beaurocrats having contempt for British Law or doesn’t that count for anything?


Not that EU beaurocrats, unelected or otherwise, are involved here in any way, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 722
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:39 pm

A SKY poll has revealed that 60% of the public think Boris Johnson’s comment on the Burka was not racist. 33% thought he was.
60% also thought the burka should be banned. 29% thought it shouldn’t.
Tommy Robinson might have more supporters than we thought.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1898
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I have contempt for unelected insurance companies dominating much of where british culture is headed. Can we have a vote about that please ?

Load of Bollox, None of us have to buy their insurance, common term is voting with your feet.

Tragically ignorant as ever.

On your say so ? Nah I don’t think so
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4928
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:59 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
A SKY poll has revealed that 60% of the public think Boris Johnson’s comment on the Burka was not racist. 33% thought he was.
60% also thought the burka should be banned. 29% thought it shouldn’t.
Tommy Robinson might have more supporters than we thought.

A sky poll proves diddly shit. Come back with a Survation or You Gov poll and you might be taken seriously. How you manage the leap from Johnson to Yaxley Lennon is completely unsupported by any evidence.

It should be pointed out the article in question, had you or anyone bothered to read it before referencing it actually rejects a call for a Burqua ban. The clue is in the headline "Denmark has got it wrong. Yes, the burka is oppressive and ridiculous – but that's still no reason to ban it". As ever Johnson doesn't give a toss either way just thinks it will play well with the Grassroots in his bid for leadership. The trouble for him is that he has more enemies than he has ever had and his leadership bid is unlikely to get to the Grassroots before the party euthanises it.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
avatar

Posts : 830
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Dear old Boris. There's no such thing as bad publicity - especially if he's after the golden ticket he craves, i,e the keys to No 10. Laughing

_______________________________________
Happy to see you
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 722
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
A SKY poll has revealed that 60% of the public think Boris Johnson’s comment on the Burka was not racist. 33% thought he was.
60% also thought the burka should be banned. 29% thought it shouldn’t.
Tommy Robinson might have more supporters than we thought.

A sky poll proves diddly shit. Come back with a Survation or You Gov poll and you might be taken seriously. How you manage the leap from Johnson to Yaxley Lennon is completely unsupported by any evidence.

It should be pointed out the article in question, had you or anyone bothered to read it before referencing it actually rejects a call for a Burqua ban. The clue is in the headline "Denmark has got it wrong. Yes, the burka is oppressive and ridiculous – but that's still no reason to ban it". As ever Johnson doesn't give a toss either way just thinks it will play well with the Grassroots in his bid for leadership. The trouble for him is that he has more enemies than he has ever had and his leadership bid is unlikely to get to the Grassroots before the party euthanises it.

Why would I need to read the original article? You seem set on discussing the burka ban whilst I’m talking about a poll. Before I forget, You Gov did a survey a while back and the result was similar. 57% to ban, 25% to not ban, and 18% undecided.
The public (again) has a view that doesn’t suit you. It’s a bugger ain’t it.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4928
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Are you seriously asking why you would need to read an arictle to decide whether it was racist or not?

It doesn't happen to be up to the public to decide what is racist not, it is up the to the victims of that discrimination. i'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to point this out in response to the Labour anti-semitism storm.

Nor is it up to the public to decide what people should or shouldn't wear.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1892
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:49 pm

In an shock u-turn, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is now calling for a burka ban wherever legally possible for the "good of Germany".

MPs in the Netherlands have voted to ban the burka on public transport and in places such as government buildings, schools and hospitals.

France was the first country in Europe to ban Islamic face veils, such as the burka and the niqab, in public places.

Belgium was the second European country after France to introduce a ban on full face veils, which outlawed the burka and niqab in public areas

BULGARIA has banned the burka - and warned those who flout the law will be fined £662 and lose their benefits.

Lombardy, the wealthiest region in Italy, approved a ban on women wearing the burka in hospitals and local government buildings in December 2015

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 722
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:51 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Are you seriously asking why you would need to read an arictle to decide whether it was racist or not?

It doesn't happen to be up to the public to decide what is racist not, it is up the to the victims of that discrimination. i'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to point this out in response to the Labour anti-semitism storm.

Nor is it up to the public to decide what people should or shouldn't wear.

I’m not interested in whether it was racist or not. It’s what the poll suggested that was interesting.

I don’t believe for one minute that Corbyn is anti Semitic. He’s more pro Palestinian.

I wasn’t aware of Merkel wanting a burka ban. Of course it’s public opinion.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2306
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Lost the plot!! So Boris said ''Women wearing burky thingy's look like a letter box or a bank robber'' BUT THEY DO ffs!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

avatar

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:27 pm

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a spot of virtue signalling Tony.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4928
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:21 am

tigertony wrote:
Lost the plot!! So Boris said ''Women wearing burky thingy's look like a letter box or a bank robber'' BUT THEY DO ffs!!

He’s a former foreign secretary and an elected member of parliament you stupid twat. It’s hardly Dave down the pub. Imagine if a teacher or judge came out with those comments... uproar.

For balance and to refute any charge of the rights favourite new verb Virtue signalling (otherwise known as not being a cnut to people you’ve never met) I don’t particularly like the burka or niqab either, foljpk should be allowed to choose what they dictate what they want to wear, without being being bullied or offended.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

avatar

Posts : 643
Join date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 am

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

avatar

Posts : 5077
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 97
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:39 am

This is all part of a wider Tory rift between the moderates and the UKIP fringe. They're all a bit terrified of a general election, in case of Corbs obvs, but the potential for infighting with each other is also something that can't be ignored forever.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1898
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Lost the plot!! So Boris said ''Women wearing burky thingy's look like a letter box or a bank robber'' BUT THEY DO ffs!!

He’s a former foreign secretary and an elected member of parliament you stupid twat. It’s hardly Dave down the pub. Imagine if a teacher or judge came out with those comments... uproar.

For balance and to refute any charge of the rights favourite new verb Virtue signalling (otherwise known as not being a cnut to people you’ve never met) I don’t particularly like the burka or niqab either, foljpk should be allowed to choose what they dictate what they want to wear, without being being bullied or offended.

Not sure what’s more offensive, being called a stupid twat or a letter box
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 7197
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tommy Robinson   

Back to top Go down
 
Tommy Robinson
Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: