Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 490
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Argyle Sy wrote:

I don't know wether astonishing, or appalling is the right word to describe an accusation such as that Ian, quite possibly equal parts of both. James Brent isn't the megawealthy chairman that some people would like us to have, but he is a very shrewd businessman whose acumen has allowed us to progress out league season since he took over. I am not in the pro James Brent or the anti James Brent camp, but I can guarantee that the man has done far, far more for this club than those who libel and slander him, and as has been said elsewhere on the thread one of our most successful chairmen in terms of the way that he has turned the club's fortunes around both on, and off the pitch. Give me a James Brent over some Arab or Asian moneyman any day, it was apparent when James first took over that he wasn't the biggest football man, but it is clear to see the man has green and white blood flowing through his veins now. I for one am happy with the job that James Brent has done to date, and believe that this current time he is still the right man to run our club. All those shouting the loudest, dip your hands in your own pockets and buy his shares, until then you aren't in any position to mudsling a guy who saved us from going out of businesz, to a profit making, successful club that we have have today.


So your not Pro Brent?

Jog on.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4673
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Argyle Sy wrote:

I don't know wether astonishing, or appalling is the right word to describe an accusation such as that Ian, quite possibly equal parts of both. James Brent isn't the megawealthy chairman that some people would like us to have, but he is a very shrewd businessman whose acumen has allowed us to progress out league season since he took over. I am not in the pro James Brent or the anti James Brent camp, but I can guarantee that the man has done far, far more for this club than those who libel and slander him, and as has been said elsewhere on the thread one of our most successful chairmen in terms of the way that he has turned the club's fortunes around both on, and off the pitch. Give me a James Brent over some Arab or Asian moneyman any day, it was apparent when James first took over that he wasn't the biggest football man, but it is clear to see the man has green and white blood flowing through his veins now. I for one am happy with the job that James Brent has done to date, and believe that this current time he is still the right man to run our club. All those shouting the loudest, dip your hands in your own pockets and buy his shares, until then you aren't in any position to mudsling a guy who saved us from going out of businesz, to a profit making, successful club that we have have today.


So your not Pro Brent?

Jog on.

Jesus wept.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3194
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 4:53 pm

We really do have a very special kind of stupid in Plymouth
Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 248
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Argyle Sy wrote:

I don't know wether astonishing, or appalling is the right word to describe an accusation such as that Ian, quite possibly equal parts of both. James Brent isn't the megawealthy chairman that some people would like us to have, but he is a very shrewd businessman whose acumen has allowed us to progress out league season since he took over. I am not in the pro James Brent or the anti James Brent camp, but I can guarantee that the man has done far, far more for this club than those who libel and slander him, and as has been said elsewhere on the thread one of our most successful chairmen in terms of the way that he has turned the club's fortunes around both on, and off the pitch. Give me a James Brent over some Arab or Asian moneyman any day, it was apparent when James first took over that he wasn't the biggest football man, but it is clear to see the man has green and white blood flowing through his veins now. I for one am happy with the job that James Brent has done to date, and believe that this current time he is still the right man to run our club. All those shouting the loudest, dip your hands in your own pockets and buy his shares, until then you aren't in any position to mudsling a guy who saved us from going out of businesz, to a profit making, successful club that we have have today.


So your not Pro Brent?

Jog on.

You can almost hear the stirring classical music in the background of that post.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2549
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Libel and Slander FFS. It really is getting tiresome isn't it? Fact after fact is printed here and on Freechat which the Brentites ignore, bore, spin and deny in their belief that he is good for PAFC. Constantly the argument is skewed to portray genuine concerns about the present and future of PAFC as personal attacks on the chairman made by uneducated agenda driven freaks made angry and bitter because of the lack of success in our own lives.
As someone recently said it is just like a cult over there now. I'm getting bored with it all now, I'll always be ready to leap up and react when ever Nool pulls the victim card. However the end is in sight one way or the other and history will judge everybody involved. Not only that but I genuinely believe that next season will be mare and that might wake a few up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10681
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 68
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 5:40 pm

I doubt it. The wannabe culture is endemic now. Give 'em a pint, a pasty, a photoshoot with Mike Bickle and a sniff of the directors' box experience and the grinning apes feel like they're somebody, while the club is being set up as a boxed in, lower league pension fund.
Tragic really.


Last edited by Tringreen on Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 5:53 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Ok this is the body of an email from PCC from the Planning Officer allocated to Brents HHP developments plus the refurbishment.

My original Email had asked WHAT was Brent entitled to work on under enablement whilst under the undischarged planning conditions.

Have left off his name. Email was received Friday 11th May at 10.35am

...............................................................................................................................

"Dear Mr Txxxxx

Thank you for your email and for bringing this matter to the Councils attention.

I am the case officer who dealt with the planning application and will be involved throughout the development process. I have therefore been working closely with PAFC/Akkeron as they look to implement this planning permission in the near future. I am aware that some preparatory/enabling works have been undertaken on site and can advise that the following work has, or is being been undertaken:-

·         Stripping Asbestos;
·         Clearing vegetation;
·         Disposing of temporary buildings/porta cabins including the old Far post club;
·         Erected herras fencing around areas of the site
·         Removing asbestos roofs from the dilapidated buildings in the south west corner of the site that will be cleared next week.

I can advise that these works do not require planning permission, nor do these works constitute commencement of the development (17/01684/OUT). I can assure you that the applicant is very much aware of their obligations to discharge the pre-commencement planning conditions and I have warned them about undertaking significant works before any details reserved by condition has been agreed by the Local Planning Authority. I will continue to work closely with them to ensure that this development is implemented the smoothest possible manner and in strict accordance with the planning permission and legislation.

If however you notice more significant works then please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will investigate accordingly

I trust this satisfactorily answers your query.

............................................................................................................

Thanking him I sent another email asking why seats were being removed in that case to which he replied

"Dear Mr Txxxxx

Thank you for your email

I apologise that ‘seat removal’ was missed from my previous list however I can advise that this also does not constitute the commencement of development.

We look forward to hearing from you again should you have any further development concerns relating to the redevelopment of Higher Home Park.


I have emphasised one word in the planning officers first email

"Brent and Akkeron have been WARNED" about commencing work whilst all planning conditions remain undischarged. As expected unless Brents planners/contractors (lol) can do a deal over the undischarged planning obligations work is about to come to an ABRUPT halt this week
Top work Harv, Though a White feather will be on its way from Illogan.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 6:11 pm

The next thing to happen is someone will be called a "NAZI" for putting a jizztastic sticker up at the Brentihaad.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

avatar

Posts : 828
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Or they'll contact your employer and threaten to take legal action against you if you don't remove something they don't like. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Argyle Sy wrote:

I don't know wether astonishing, or appalling is the right word to describe an accusation such as that Ian, quite possibly equal parts of both. James Brent isn't the megawealthy chairman that some people would like us to have, but he is a very shrewd businessman whose acumen has allowed us to progress out league season since he took over. I am not in the pro James Brent or the anti James Brent camp, but I can guarantee that the man has done far, far more for this club than those who libel and slander him, and as has been said elsewhere on the thread one of our most successful chairmen in terms of the way that he has turned the club's fortunes around both on, and off the pitch. Give me a James Brent over some Arab or Asian moneyman any day, it was apparent when James first took over that he wasn't the biggest football man, but it is clear to see the man has green and white blood flowing through his veins now. I for one am happy with the job that James Brent has done to date, and believe that this current time he is still the right man to run our club. All those shouting the loudest, dip your hands in your own pockets and buy his shares, until then you aren't in any position to mudsling a guy who saved us from going out of businesz, to a profit making, successful club that we have have today.


So your not Pro Brent?

Jog on.

Jesus wept.



Thats full house on brent arselicker bingo.....
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 7:07 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
The next thing to happen is someone will be  called a "NAZI" for putting a jizztastic sticker up at the Brentihaad.

after they have claimed said super sticky sticker has done thousands of pounds worth of damage...... ld
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2813
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Jethro wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
The next thing to happen is someone will be  called a "NAZI" for putting a jizztastic sticker up at the Brentihaad.

after they have claimed said super sticky sticker has done thousands of pounds worth of damage...... ld
thousands of pounds worth of damages...the stickers are the only thing keeping the place from falling down laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Argyle Sy wrote:

I don't know wether astonishing, or appalling is the right word to describe an accusation such as that Ian, quite possibly equal parts of both. James Brent isn't the megawealthy chairman that some people would like us to have, but he is a very shrewd businessman whose acumen has allowed us to progress out league season since he took over. I am not in the pro James Brent or the anti James Brent camp, but I can guarantee that the man has done far, far more for this club than those who libel and slander him, and as has been said elsewhere on the thread one of our most successful chairmen in terms of the way that he has turned the club's fortunes around both on, and off the pitch. Give me a James Brent over some Arab or Asian moneyman any day, it was apparent when James first took over that he wasn't the biggest football man, but it is clear to see the man has green and white blood flowing through his veins now. I for one am happy with the job that James Brent has done to date, and believe that this current time he is still the right man to run our club. All those shouting the loudest, dip your hands in your own pockets and buy his shares, until then you aren't in any position to mudsling a guy who saved us from going out of businesz, to a profit making, successful club that we have have today.


So your not Pro Brent?

Jog on.

Jesus wept.



Thats full house on brent arselicker bingo.....

It absolutely really is, innit. cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Tue May 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Feck me. No chairman should be venerated but these idiots think he's the greatest ever.

That lovely Mr Stapleton took us up two divisions in about half the time it's taken us to get through one under Brent.

Evil Dan is as responsible as anyone for getting the horseshoe built. When in a good mood he even spent money on the team.

Even denim impresario Peter Bloom managed to get a roof over the Devonport End.

All greater achievements than anything yet seen under Brent.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4673
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Libel and Slander FFS. It really is getting tiresome isn't it? Fact after fact is printed here and on Freechat which the Brentites ignore, bore, spin and deny in their belief that he is good for PAFC. Constantly the argument is skewed to portray genuine concerns about the present and future of PAFC as personal attacks on the chairman made by uneducated agenda driven freaks made angry and bitter because of the lack of success in our own lives.
As someone recently said it is just like a cult over there now. I'm getting bored with it all now, I'll always be ready to leap up and react when ever Nool pulls the victim card. However the end is in sight one way or the other and history will judge everybody involved. Not only that but I genuinely believe that next season will be mare and that might wake a few up.

I’ve said th3 Earwiggy, as bad as it sounds if we had a shit season it might stir up a little more anger st the current shitshow. However I am sure plenty of dimlows would still come out with “Rome wasn’t built in a day “ and “it’s just a bump in the road” type garbage, anything To not blame the fine gentleman.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 2549
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed May 16, 2018 10:11 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Libel and Slander FFS. It really is getting tiresome isn't it? Fact after fact is printed here and on Freechat which the Brentites ignore, bore, spin and deny in their belief that he is good for PAFC. Constantly the argument is skewed to portray genuine concerns about the present and future of PAFC as personal attacks on the chairman made by uneducated agenda driven freaks made angry and bitter because of the lack of success in our own lives.
As someone recently said it is just like a cult over there now. I'm getting bored with it all now, I'll always be ready to leap up and react when ever Nool pulls the victim card. However the end is in sight one way or the other and history will judge everybody involved. Not only that but I genuinely believe that next season will be mare and that might wake a few up.

I’ve said th3 Earwiggy, as bad as it sounds if we had a shit season it might stir up a little more anger st the current shitshow. However I am sure plenty of dimlows  would still come out with “Rome wasn’t built in a day “ and “it’s just a bump in the road” type garbage, anything To not blame the fine gentleman.

When you have the Brentites using Brent's asset stripping as evidence of being an astute business man it really is a waste of time trying to reason with them.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed May 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Any sign of real building work going on at the Brentihad or is it more Enabling? lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 3322
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed May 16, 2018 6:39 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Any sign of real building work going on at the Brentihad or is it more Enabling? lol! lol! lol! lol!

on it dreckly btb btb btb btb
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed May 16, 2018 6:43 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Any sign of real building work going on at the Brentihad or is it more Enabling? lol! lol! lol! lol!

I know Spurs have the resource, but to get a feel of what can be done when you don't bumble along arguing with contractors about what sort of shit spec you get for £5m, have a look at this from last year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

About three weeks after the last game at White Hart Lane, and two complete stands are totally demolished.

Meanwhile in a similar timescale at the Brentihad, they're patting themselves on the back for oofing some asbestos off an outbuilding roof. tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed May 16, 2018 6:50 pm

Akkeron aint even got their website working in the last 5,000 years
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Illogan Highway

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Akkeron aint even got their website working in the last 5,000 years

Judge it by his progress on Oldway Mansion, well before he tried to litigate Torbay council and got his grubby little fingers burnt.


Last edited by Bob Crow on Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4673
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Wed May 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Libel and Slander FFS. It really is getting tiresome isn't it? Fact after fact is printed here and on Freechat which the Brentites ignore, bore, spin and deny in their belief that he is good for PAFC. Constantly the argument is skewed to portray genuine concerns about the present and future of PAFC as personal attacks on the chairman made by uneducated agenda driven freaks made angry and bitter because of the lack of success in our own lives.
As someone recently said it is just like a cult over there now. I'm getting bored with it all now, I'll always be ready to leap up and react when ever Nool pulls the victim card. However the end is in sight one way or the other and history will judge everybody involved. Not only that but I genuinely believe that next season will be mare and that might wake a few up.

I’ve said th3 Earwiggy, as bad as it sounds if we had a shit season it might stir up a little more anger st the current shitshow. However I am sure plenty of dimlows  would still come out with “Rome wasn’t built in a day “ and “it’s just a bump in the road” type garbage, anything To not blame the fine gentleman.


When you have the Brentites using Brent's asset stripping as evidence of being an astute business man it really is a waste of time trying to reason with them.

Yeah, guys whose assets do you think he is stripping?? Eeee saved uzzz, why don’t you put some money in....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3194
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 am

Dear oh dear some still think the refurb is all systems go.

Argyle Nutter (highly appropriate) wrote on the Farm

"Some great pictures of the far post club demolition added today, anyone with doubts that the refurb is not happening may start to believe after seeing these."

Nutter.....The GTs supporters bar who Brent somehow persuaded to build on his behalf (they'll not deal with him again in a hurry) is a stand alone project and nothing whatsover to do with the Refurbishment of the Grandstand

Not connected nada zilch no



Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4988
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Dear oh dear some still think the refurb is all systems go.

Here you go, Harve...

I'll stick my neck out and put myself in that group.  I'm even going to go complete whacko, and say I don't even think they will have a problem with Asbestos!!!

Yeah...  I'm sure there will be minor delays and whatever...  But I think it will pretty much open on time.  How good a "mankover" it is, will be seen when the Grandstand opens.  I certainly don't have high expectations!  For most people the 'match experience" is going to be the same - it's going to be the same cramped legroom except with a plastic seat with a cup holder.  

As for the rest of it..?   Who knows?  The plans put up on the club website were unreadable.  I complained.  Nothing was done to improve them. No change there.  How much access to the new grandstand - apart from the seating area - will the average fan have anyway - once again, who knows?    

The FPC is once again something different altogether.  How much access will the average fan have to that - after recent contradictory comments, another who knows?

As long as it's not still clad in corrugated iron to keep in touch with the faux 'Leitch' styling, I'll be somewhat happy!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3194
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 am

Fair enough Rickler point taken re asbestos albeit I thought the Grandstand hadnt been touched yet as regards that stuff.

I have also said all along that anything would be better then the present aberration. Lets see if Lord Akkeron does actually sign a contract in mid June though. These updates from Goals on Screen albeit not deliberate (probably) are providing a smokescreen and clearly many including some on freechat think its underway with the removal of the FP....once enablement is completed this week thats it nothing is happening further until Brent pulls his finger out

Going by past record I'd put a contract signing at no more then a 5% in the middle of June

Then you have logistics, labour force and everything in between and thats even if Brent has discharged all planning requirements in the interim. Guy I spoke to estimated minimum 3 months from a deal being signed good to go

With Brents record I'd say probably January next year before anything starts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: