Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
GreenSnake

GreenSnake

Scunthorpe - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 9:21 pm

This could go on all night and we won't get anywhere near scoring... Which has been said before in important games.

Last edited by GreenSnake on Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Fickle lot you Janners
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 9:36 pm

I Do like how fans on twitter are praising the team for coming 7th rather than comment on how bad we've played or wtf is brent doing with our club!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 9:44 pm

we finish 7th for certain so on reflection this has been a magnificent season thanks del and the gang. Playoffs are mathematically dead with only us beating gillingham by more than 6 goals and charlton not scoring will change that,

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 9:49 pm

Angry wrote:
we finish 7th for certain so on reflection this has been a magnificent season thanks del and the gang. Playoffs are mathematically dead with only us beating gillingham by more than 6 goals and charlton not scoring will change that,

Or we win 4-0 and Charlton lose 3-0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:

Or we win 4-0 and Charlton lose 3-0.

more chance of me winning the mod election than that happening lol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:00 pm

I do not blame the players or Adams, There is only one man to blame, Now he can start building his lego ice rink
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:02 pm

I think Gillingham will be DA's last match in charge. Next season isn't going to be pleasant.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
Naughty Step

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:02 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Naughty Step wrote:
Goodnite, my love!

My childhood

My hope...

PAFC... Offer everything... Deliver nothing...

For me... since 1973

How can you say that, Mr Brent is giving us an ice rink, 200 office workers, six restaurant's, a gym, a café - what more can a football club owner do?

You want to debate about an ice rink?

Ok! Let me tell you about ice!!!

I used to bunk off school and go to FIESTA and skate for free!

That was the 1980s

When Argyle won the league in 2004, we drunk all day and night... Met up with QPR fans too, and went skating..

It's like, 8am in the morning... I'm wearing a green wig... Do a Fiesta pirouette... 25 years after the sell by date....
Land on my head... Get banned forever!

Never been able to afford to eat in generic restaurant chains, either!... Good luck to you, if you don't care about the price!

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PatDunne wrote:
Naughty Step wrote:
Goodnite, my love!

My childhood

My hope...

PAFC... Offer everything... Deliver nothing...

For me... since 1973

How can you say that, Mr Brent is giving us an ice rink, 200 office workers, six restaurant's, a gym, a café - what more can a football club owner do?

Thought it was seven restaurants?
No need to underplay this magnificent scheme that will provide real financial stability for PAFC for generations to come.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

This season will be a waste if we finish below 7th next season.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:03 pm

So we throw away a 2 game in hand advantage to miss out on a play off place when a matter of weeks ago we were an absolute shoe in, that in itself is inexcusable. Forget all this being bottom in December stuff
All self inflicted through austerity and stinginess. Be a feckin miracle If Adams puts up with this for another season.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Step

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Freathy wrote:
I think Gillingham will be DA's last match in charge.  Next season isn't going to be pleasant.

BRENT OUT NOW

I hate being right too...

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Still on the bright side Akkeron Argo will finish the season above the obnoxious knobber Steve Evans and the Posh and Pompey.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Ran out of steam and good quality league 1 players in the final analysis. I hope lessons will be absorbed but not really holding my breath.7th position is of course a bleddy good result after the disastrous start-in November it would have been laughable to even suggest such a finish but equally 5th position in February would represent a squandered opportunity. On the game tonight, i thought Lameiras was the biggest disappointment, been off the boil for some time. Whether that can be completely put down to Taylor's absence or represents a levelling off to previous standards remains to be seen. It will be a very interesting summer- there should be a lot of departures of players such as Miller, Ainsworth, Wylde, Blissett etc-just hope that the nucleus of the players good enough for the division will be retained.

Wonder why Barton was there tonight?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I do not blame the players or Adams, There is only one man to blame, Now he can start building his lego ice rink

this Good Post
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:14 pm

Some agro after the game?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Playoff squad bench says it all about Akkeron austerity Argo.

Substitutes
2Miller
8Ainsworth
17Taylor-Sinclair
25Letheren
27Fletcher
33Sangster
36Rooney

deadhorse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Well - that was most disappointing. Pfft.

72 hour meltdown prediction = DA fecks off, Brent hands over the reigns to Hallett, Crapshack MK2 delayed indefinitely, Newell does the honourable thing, piss shoes Pete fecks off back to planet Zarg, Webb diagnosed with an incurable STD, Saltash W.I start knitting a new stadium ready for the 2030 Muff world cup bid.

FFS.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:19 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Well - that was most disappointing. Pfft.

72 hour meltdown prediction = DA fecks off, Brent hands over the reigns to Hallett, Crapshack MK2 delayed indefinitely, Newell does the honourable thing, piss shoes Pete fecks off back to planet Angro, Webb diagnosed with an incurable STD, Saltash W.I start knitting a new stadium ready for the 2030 Muff world cup bid.

FFS.

Maybe not 72 hrs but can see this happening over the summer
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Getting £150k for Tanner and not wasting money on Toums was fantastic business for the club-not like we'd end the season short of midfielders and forwards would we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Ran out of steam and good quality league 1 players in the final analysis. I hope lessons will be absorbed but not really holding my breath.7th position is of course a bleddy good result after the disastrous start-in November it would have been laughable to even suggest such a finish but equally 5th position in February would represent a squandered opportunity. On the game tonight, i thought Lameiras was the biggest disappointment, been off the boil for some time. Whether that can be completely put down to Taylor's absence or represents a levelling off to previous standards remains to be seen. It will be a very interesting summer- there should be a lot of departures of players such as Miller, Ainsworth, Wylde, Blissett etc-just hope that the nucleus of the players good enough for the division will be retained.

Wonder why Barton was there tonight?

Hope he saw something in Songo - Christ I'll drive the fcuker to Fleetwood and not charge the petrol!! I could cram another 4 in if needs be - that was poor!!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:56 pm

Disappointing performance to finish with, but overall to be in with a shout of the play offs was a top effort by Adams and the players, but a paper thin squad cost us.

Under Brent this will be the norm. He won't invest, he won't give Adams (or whoever the manager is) a competitive budget, so this will be as good as it gets whilst he's in charge. Until his ice rink gets built or he sells off his land at a profit he'll be staying.

As someone once said 'enjoy the ride'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 11:05 pm

A great footy free Mayday enjoyed by one and all down on the Camel. Summer is upon us and looking promising in the next couple of weeks. Just caught up with the inevitable Taylor-less happenings. Couldn't have happened to a nicer regime. The promising up front combination ruined by bad man management and lack of cash and commitment means  back to the drawing board. zzzzzzzzz
Yet another rebuild ? Probably.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 11:31 pm

7th place is first loser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scunthorpe
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: