Jethro
Rickler
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Been a decent keeper at our level and a fantastic 'servant' to the club. Nice guy in the real world too, best wishes for the future.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Yep, wonder where he could have got to without running into chaos.

Good keeper for us and seemingly a decent human being who has done his best to the wrongs he caused.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Angry wrote:
cant bring myself to lap praise on him given what he was sent to prison for despite some fans best efforts to brush it off like it was an everyday thing degrading his victims by calling him super. but i also wont knock him either due to his service to the club.

he can live his life and earn money how ever he likes from now until the end of his days im just not partaking in any praise.
Spot on Angry 100%
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 11:53 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Good luck to him,probably best decision for all concerned. Must confess to not being as sold on Matthews as others but 'tis a game of many different opinions, it'll be interesting to see who the long term custodian is.

Matthews was outstanding early on in the loan. He has shown he’s human on a few occasions since though and there have been a couple of moments to raise a concerned eyebrow. He’d be a good permanent signing for league 1.  But if the miracle were to happen and we went up, then we ought to be looking at keepers at the very least of the Remi standard, if not better.

Played very well today-he does seem to be very good in one on one situations. Think he needs to become much more commanding on crosses but maybe I'm being a bit harsh on someone who is still a young and inexperienced keeper.

He's exacty the sort of player we should be going for, any established CCC keeper worth his salt would be taking too much wage for Brent and looking to tick his contract down whilst living in a nice place. From what I've seen of Matthews I think he could raise his game. Same as Adams I said at the time we signed him up when Colin Lee and co were being touted, get somebody in who wants to prove themselves, young and motivated. In fact I'd rather we had that policy like Posh have, sign, train and improve youngsters instead of gambling on crocked and injured players hoping they will stay fit. You need the experience of the likes of Carey, Bradley (who is struggling foreshore) but you need young legs and a bit of testosterone. Give yoof a chance.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 11:54 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Been a decent keeper at our level and a fantastic 'servant' to the club. Nice guy in the real world too, best wishes for the future.

Absolutely, he is yeah. I’ve spoken to him a few times both pre and post the incident. He is a really good guy who obviously make a big mistake.

Whatever the future holds, I wish him the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 10:51 am

Angry wrote:
cant bring myself to lap praise on him given what he was sent to prison for despite some fans best efforts to brush it off like it was an everyday thing degrading his victims by calling him super. but i also wont knock him either due to his service to the club.

he can live his life and earn money how ever he likes from now until the end of his days im just not partaking in any praise.

Give it a rest. Who made you judge, jury and executioner?

I can’t stand outrage for outrage sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:

well if i was that he'd still be in jail now. He got off lightly for what he did.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:

well if i was that he'd still be in jail now. He got off lightly for what he did.

Have said this elsewhere today but there for the grace of god we all go.
Nobody condones drink driving whatsover but very few here can honestly say that not once in their driving lives have they not been over the limit even once ?? Because thats all it takes

I dont think he was dealt with lightly he got the average sentence for the crime. The fact that the law allows subsequently remission parole etc etc is not Lukes fault.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Should not of been re-signed in the first place. Had good displays in his first stint but like most re-signings they fail to deliver the same level. Onwards and possibly upwards, without Brent and his traveling circus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick announces retirement   Luke McCormick  announces retirement - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick announces retirement
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2