Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Taylor injury

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4391
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Taylor injury   Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Anyone else smell a rat here? On Thursday afternoon according to Erringtons piece he was looking forward to playing Pompey...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The next thing we know, he's had a "training ground injury" and isn't fit to play

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How do you get injured doing light training on a Friday FFS?


Last edited by Hugh Watt on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
avatar

Posts : 349
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of Kernow

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:03 pm

It can only mean he's off to Real Madrid for £800 million. DA to get £5.35 of that for next season's team budget. The rest, well, you know how it goes! Laughing

_______________________________________
"This train is bound for glory - none gonna ride it but the righteous and the holy" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5177
Join date : 2014-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:08 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Anyone else smell a rat here? On Thursday afternoon according to Erringtons piece he was looking forward to playing Pompey...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The next thing we know, he's had a "training ground injury" and isn't fit to play

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How do you get injured doing light training on a Friday FFS?


No idea Hugh but one things for sure, going on Saturdays game we won't be promoted without him.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9945
Join date : 2011-12-12
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 am

DA said he injured himself in pre warm up before training on Thursday
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain



Posts : 1615
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:17 am

No way has he got a 'wee niggle' has he? Not at this stage of the season, we can't sell him until the end of the season and shorely Brent isn't such a twat to risk promotion is he?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4391
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 am

I fail to understand after having a good few months of being battered by Division 3 defenders and more often than not giving better than he gets, he has twanged something whilst doing pilates.

It could all be genuine but as with most things at this club, if it looks and smells like shit it probably is shit. or Nool.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2078
Join date : 2016-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:43 am

Maybe he's got a good offer elsewhere for next season and doesn't want to risk injury. Remember the Halmosi end of season thing after a wink from Hull ?
The plausibility is a bit thin given Taylor's recent comments re batterings. I certainly smell a rat. Stranger still, that he should duck out of the big game with his former club.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2433
Join date : 2015-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:13 am

Got a niggly feeling this out for the rest of the season be it what ever the reason hope I’m wrong He was badly missed v pompey
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:58 am

Pompey may be where he's headed. Anyway, looks certain Taylor has played his last match for Argo which means we have no chance whatsoever of making the play-offs. Season over.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2735
Join date : 2015-04-03
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:03 pm

Guys cmon I think you're way out of kilter on this one on multiple levels.
He's picked up an injury somehow and it was noted he was walking normally in Argyle lounge post Pompey game. Likely Adams didnt want to risk him knowing there were a further 5 games to go
Little doubt he'll be back Saturday
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4391
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Guys cmon I think you're way out of kilter on this one on multiple levels.
He's picked up an injury somehow and it was noted he was walking normally in Argyle lounge post Pompey game. Likely Adams didnt want to risk him knowing there were a further 5 games to go
Little doubt he'll be back Saturday

I hope so, we may find out during the pressers today. As I said if it looks like shit and smells like shit at the Brentihad it doesn't matter sack its in.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4391
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.

Different ankle and he's still out. Smell a rat yet?

scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2735
Join date : 2015-04-03
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 pm

ouch I was certainly wrong.....we're fecked
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3474
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Oh dear, Grant is hardly a replacement in terms of hold up play and scoring a few, but then as we know the squad is somewhat limited in terms of quality and numbers courtsey of you know who.
Bring on the ice rink - far more of a priority.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9945
Join date : 2011-12-12
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:13 pm

He was not in the Life Centre with the rest of the injured players, the rest of the squad was training on the main pitch this morning. Top training pitch has been reseeded this week.



Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.

Different ankle and he's still out. Smell a rat yet?

scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No, I simply think he has an injury.

Back to top Go down
MikeWN



Posts : 215
Join date : 2015-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.

Different ankle and he's still out. Smell a rat yet?

scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nah, not really. Injuries happen, and as often as not they're for innocuous reasons.

It does put the decision to sell Jervis and have no real understudy to Taylor in stark perspective though. Away against a very leaky Northampton Town is one thing, but we'll need him back against ASAP as Rochdale have found some form.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4391
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:32 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.

Different ankle and he's still out. Smell a rat yet?

scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No, I simply think he has an injury.


So your comment about whether his name is on Saturday team sheet informing us longer term outlook is pretty superflous, when clearly for you it hasn't.

I'm quite entitled to my opinion, which is it may be perfectly innocent, having seen rather a lot of horseshit emanating from Home Park I will retain some sceptiscm .
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 6716
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 41
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:59 am

Normally Adams is quite poker faced and doesn't like to give out team info early. Wouldn't be surprised if Taylor made a miraculous recovery and played on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

avatar

Posts : 6748
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:09 am

Tgwu wrote:
He was not in the Life Centre with the rest of the injured players, the rest of the squad was training on the main pitch this morning. Top training pitch has been reseeded this week.



Reseeded the training pitch !!!!!!! Geddon Jim geek geek
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:38 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.

Different ankle and he's still out. Smell a rat yet?

scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No, I simply think he has an injury.


So your comment about whether his name is on Saturday team sheet informing us longer term outlook is pretty superflous, when clearly for you it hasn't.

I'm quite entitled to my opinion, which is it may be perfectly innocent, having seen rather a lot of horseshit emanating from Home Park I will retain some sceptiscm .

I didn't say you weren't, did I? Opine away, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll reserve judgement until we see whether he does actually make Saturday's game but yes, if he doesn't, it might mean longer term bad news. I still think it's nothing more complicated than him busting up his other ankle though.

Does illustrate the paucity of the squad though, as Mike points out above.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4785
Join date : 2011-05-17
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:45 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.

Different ankle and he's still out. Smell a rat yet?

scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The article is talking about the injury sustained at the start of the season when it says "not the same ankle",not the injury sustained last Friday or whenever it was.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2078
Join date : 2016-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am

Well, I've relented and had a look at the article. It clearly says he's out on Saturday. It's irrelevant which ankle it is.
The give away for me is Adams' comment ... "It’s really in Ryan’s hands at this moment in time"
He didn't have to say that. A bit narked ? Who knows. We don't and nor does Adams. Taylor does have recovery issues, as the last couple of years have shown.
Without Taylor, Argyle might as well kiss goodbye to any play off ambitions, regardless of mind games with the opposition. His abilities have allowed others to shine.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4785
Join date : 2011-05-17
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:29 am

beesrus wrote:
Well, I've relented and had a look at the article. It clearly says he's out on Saturday. It's irrelevant which ankle it is.
The give away for me is Adams' comment ... "It’s really in Ryan’s hands at this moment in time"
He didn't have to say that. A bit narked ? Who knows. We don't and nor does Adams. Taylor does have recovery issues, as the last couple of years have shown.
Without Taylor, Argyle might as well kiss goodbye to any play off ambitions, regardless of mind games with the opposition. His abilities have allowed others to shine.

It isn't irrelevant in the context of Hugh drawing attention to the article and seemingly deducing that Taylor had sustained an injury to his other ankle since last Friday. As for the rest of it, we'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   

Back to top Go down
 
Taylor injury
Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: