PostSubject: Safer Standing Campaign   Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Click bait
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Promoting a long term AFT policy and communicating a petition for it to our members and beyond.
Back to top Go down
Elias

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Would have been interesting yesterday with fighting in the lyndhurst
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:22 pm

hardly fighting, Just stewards being wankers and forcing people to sit whilst the Pompey lot were allowed to stand.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:08 pm

Over 108,000 people have signed the Petition.

It will be debated in Parliament.

If you want to make representation to our local MPs they can be contacted at:

luke.pollard.mp@parliament.uk or ring 01752 717255

diary@johnnyforplymouth.co.uk or ring 01752 255889

https://www.garystreeter.co.uk/contact or ring 01752 335666

The minister concerned is Tracey Crouch: tracey.crouch.mp@parliament.uk

"[Safe-standing] isn’t a massive issue in my inbox. There is a vocal minority calling for changes." - Tracey Crouch.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:11 pm

This will help you to contact other MPs.

https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 am

That total has gone up sharply. Wednesday was at 90,000 and change when I signed

Good news but personally cant see it ever being approved. Whilst it is "safer standing" health and safety is ludicrous now and the liability issues are huge.
Not a hope in hell at HP if there was potential for a 100k claim or whatever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 am

I cant imagine Politicians or others in much higher places have any desire for working class people to be standing in masses together anymore at any event, sporting or otherwise.
Far easier to control a gathering of ciabatta munching sheep whilst sat down i'd say.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 am

Will never happen at Home Park, would mean Brent having to spend some of his pension pot.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:12 pm

The Scots can do it.

The Germans can do it.

And if they can do it, what with the reparations they were forced to endure after the Treaty of Versailles, why can't the Devonish?

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:42 pm

It's all a bit naff, if you ask me.

I grew up going, and still do go to Argyle with a number of mates that ranges from game to game - usually between 4 and 8. What was great about normal terracing was that you could mill around and chat easily with all of them. Seating restricts that. But if with safe standing you are still allocated a rail seat to stand in front of...what really is the fooking point? You look at a rail seat terrace and there is a 'crash barrier' on every step.

There's pretty much an unwritten rule anyway in almost every section of every ground. For us that unwritten rule is the back third (give or take) of the  centre part of the Demport, stand.

Have stewards or old bill ever really steamed in there and sat people down forcibly? No.

If the game is really shit, they then have the option of en masse sitting down, unlike with locked rail seats.

If this legislation is ever changed it will result in so much overkill on the 'safety' front, it really ain't worth it. Certainly not at Argyles level anyway.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:06 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
I cant imagine Politicians or others in much higher places have any desire for working class people to be standing in masses together anymore at any event, sporting or otherwise.
Far easier to control a gathering of ciabatta munching sheep whilst sat down i'd say.

Yes Al, this is the real reasoning behind all the "unsafe seating" and scoffing stations that came about from The Taylor re;port that DID NOT blame standing for the tragedy. Look at the history of these islands and it's sometimes Draconian association rules. I'm surprised masses of people are still allowed to move around at all, apart from being shepherded/irised/tagged on their way to work or a mate's retail outlet.
This ludicrous "safe standing" cattle pen contraption isn't what I understand by standing. No one is asking to pootle around four corners of a stadium, and that was never the case. But to mooch around during a game, prop yourself up somewhere, squeeze in very safely next to a bunch of similar minded folk and let off a bit of steam. This safe standing is worse than the present seating arrangements in my mind, and reminds me of the cattle pens in Penzance market. A good example of fans' trusts across the country doing their own version of New Labour..... "look at us, we're representing the fans ".  No, you're not, you're just asking for scraps off a table. Geek stuff from a bunch of articulate CAMRA fans I'm afraid. Get real, take on the owners, be their critical eye in the sky, watch their every move, tell them their end is inevitable when they clearly act against the interests of the "club". Start preparing for ownership. Green Bay, Barcelona and Exeter are all doing ok in their respective ponds.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Agree with all that Czarks and Bees say, I'm off to piss up a rope, it will do more to change hings than signing the petition.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safer Standing Campaign   

Back to top Go down

Safer Standing Campaign
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: