HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chairman report

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Chairman report - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 12:18 am

If true all the more reason for us to continue.

We have a new club regime emerging. Who knows what the future might hold for AFT?

Totally agree about lack of focus and so on but there is lots of stuff to do. It's why we need people to actually step up and do stuff rather than gob off on here about how crap AFT is.

Then again I am talking to people who, apparently, nearly all have resigned in disgust because it is much easier than lifting a finger to actually help out, do something and try to influence anything.

If you are a member, if you want to really change stuff then nominate a friend, get friends to nominate you, engage.

Bitching from the sidelines under a nom de plume is too easy, though, is it not?

God forbid that some of you actually make any effort to stand up and be counted.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2018 11:24 am

Oh feck off you pompous Cnut. You just posted that little jibe infested rant via a non de plume. The way you kick off when you don't get your way makes you sound more and more like a spoilt on child, who remembers Violet Elizabeth from Billy Bunter? That's you that is.
I've been tempted to put myself forward for the Trust board more than once as I believe in the principle of it. What I dont believe in is how the Trust sees its future as a cosy bunch of yes men who see themselves as a support mechanism for whoever holds the keys to Home Park. Whatever happened to the critical friend that was sold to us at the outset?
With this continued pasoti type mantra being trotted out you will be more and more isolated by the day. I do contribute to the trust via my ten pounds a year. What do I get for that? A little bit of the gt bar that I don't approve of and utter and complete silence from the trust regarding the future of the crapshack, not one little mention of the team and how shit that is but you have time to sling barbs and arrows the way of the membership in general.
Have a word with yourself, whatever your name is.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 12:02 am

All talk and no action as always with nearly everybody on here.

Any excuse not to engage will do. Any excuse at all.

"Why don't they...?" not "why don't I?".

If not you then who?

If not now then when?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 1:04 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

If not you then who?

If not now then when?

Sounding pretty pious there for someone who only recently 'stepped up' himself. Been on the AFT board for a few months and attended one fans meeting and now suddenly you're Churchill.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 1:15 am

I had my reasons for not stepping up before and they are none of your concern.

It was you, in fact, who changed my mind, or at least tipped the balance, when you made a similar post about a year ago.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 1:43 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I had my reasons for not stepping up before and they are none of your concern.

It was you, in fact, who changed my mind, or at least tipped the balance, when you made a similar post about a year ago.

Who said I was concerned?  Reasons?   Everyone's got "reasons..."

...and me who changed your mind?  Wow!

Glad to know I'm a "influencer!"
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 9:37 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

If not you then who?

If not now then when?

Go on I'll indulge you again although I thought you would have got the gist of what I was saying before. The AFT has lost its direction (tbh I don't think it ever had one.) You personally think that anyone and everybody that disagrees with you is an idiot and you show no one any respect whatsoever. I don't think that anyone else on the board of the trust has the cahoonas to challenge the club on feck all and from here you all look like a bunch of nodding donkeys. I have better things to do with my time than waste it trying to change an organisation that is happy in it's lap dog role.
We are Plymouth Argyle/Trust and we are trying our best.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 10:57 am

At least go to the AGM then.

AFT has been nothing like as vocal or effective as I, or any of the others, would like. There is much in what you say about lack of direction.

There's been good reasons for that though and it is not a collective desire to do sod all.

I happen to agree that it must look as though we have done very little but that could not be further from the truth. In the last 12 months, and a little longer, we have achieved what at one stage seemed unachievable.

You are lucky there is still an AFT of any sort at all.

And if nobody nominates or steps up you'll be lucky if it continues.

Like I said: go to the AGM.

It matters.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 11:03 am

Or alternatively just spit your dummy out, wipe the fluff off it stick it back in your gob while muttering something as undecipherable as it is inconsequential when you flounce off into the distance.

It seems to be the ATD way, after all.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Or alternatively just spit your dummy out, wipe the fluff off it stick it back in your gob while muttering something as undecipherable as it is inconsequential when you flounce off into the distance.

Give PASOTI a try instead then-i'm sure that you'll find a much more unbiased and balanced viewpoint of the AFT on there.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I rest my case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You are lucky there is still an AFT of any sort at all.

C'mon Frank  Very Happy so I'm "lucky there's an organisation at all" Razz
Come back and tell fans they're lucky when you've actually achieved something concrete and useful, not before, and I don't mean corralled safe standing along with the rest of the misguided country.  Methinks someone has visited Damascus. A born again activist, late in life. How quaint. Let me know how your revisionism fares. Insulting your constituency isn't a good start, you sound like a MP..
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 4:42 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I happen to agree that it must look as though we have done very little but that could not be further from the truth. In the last 12 months, and a little longer, we have achieved what at one stage seemed unachievable.

What on earth would that be?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 8:53 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Do I really have to spell it out?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Fill the gaps yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Jeez... Dale Carnegie has nothing on you.

Anybody else care to hazard a guess as to what Mr. Arrogance Personified is crowing about?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 10:11 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

ARROGANCE?_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Jeez...   Dale Carnegie has nothing on you.

Anybody else care to hazard a guess as to what Mr. Arrogance Personified is crowing about?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 10:57 pm

Could be a bit like Blockbusters,this. Can i have a P please Bob-audience titters in a ma's out,pa's out sort of way.

Let's start the ball rolling-can i have a T please Sir Franny.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Actually it wasn't Blockbusters,can't remember the real name of the damn show.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 11:16 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Jeez...   Dale Carnegie has nothing on you.

They saved the trust from Bob.

Then they let him become the chairman again so he can feck it up well and truly this time. Mad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 11:24 pm

No T.

Chairman report - Page 3 Hangma10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 8:02 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Then they let him ( Bob ) become the chairman again so he can feck it up well and truly this time. Mad

Exactly Mouldy. Big mistake. They all think being rational and polite to the owners while being rude to the fans is the way to go.  Time for another paint job.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 10:08 am

beesrus wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Then they let him ( Bob ) become the chairman again so he can feck it up well and truly this time. Mad

Exactly Mouldy. Big mistake. They all think being rational and polite to the owners while being rude to the fans is the way to go.  Time for another paint job.

That's very true. Bob loves to lick Jimmies arse but point blank refuses to talk to the members. Wtf is that all about? Now they send Frank on a charm offensive, well an offensive anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 12:09 pm

Nobody sent me to do anything.

There's assertions made on this thread that are flatly wrong and which needed to be corrected before they became established as ATD Fact such as AFT gave the GTs £1000. This is wrong.

That there was no consultation about the GT loan. This is wrong.

That emails were not sent to members about the loan. This is wrong.

That the new GT bar will be run by a plc not a charity. This is wrong.

You may interpret facts however you like but you cannot invent your own facts and then use them to justify some half-assed, half-baked cock and bull notion that you have whipped up out of thin air.

That's what Ian Newell does.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 2:05 pm

I would put my hat in the ring but the PASOTI politburo would have a propaganda field day.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Let them.

Who cares?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Chairman report - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chairman report
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-