HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chairman report

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:12 am

I haven't insulted anybody nor suggested that anybody should say or not say anything they care to on here. Feel free. Fire away. It is what ATD is for. I do it whenever I care to and speak as I please. So do you and more power to your elbow. I don't expect anything else from anybody else (within reason) either.

Do that by all means but do not expect it to have any effect on AFT policy. If you want to influence AFT policy then respond to the call for feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:18 am

As for the request for real names...

AFT exists, primarily, to represent its members and the only way to establish whether or not you are a member is to check your name.

Rather obviously if you choose to post here under a pseudonym, as I do, then you may not want to post your real name (we'll all have our own view on that) publicly. That is rather different from contacting AFT in confidence and saying "I am Fred Bloggs, Membership Number 123, and I think...".
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 am

SFD Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:42 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Those of you who are members of the AFT should respond to the request for feedback.

Making your case here is fine but this is as far as it will go. If you want to actually influence the eventual decision then engage. If you do not and a policy position is reached that you disapprove of then you can't really complain about it.
Dear oh dear Frank. Not your finest hour. If that's how it is, I think I can live with it. And yes, I can complain about it if I wish.

By all means do.

The fact is that AFT is constantly challenged about consultation and being representative of its members. Well here it is consulting but there is no point in it even trying if nobody responds.

Posts here or elsewhere made by people using pseudonyms, such as myself, carry little weight given the obvious attempts made on various social media platforms by a small number of people using multiple identities to influence opinion.

So your posts here may or may not be read by anybody involved let alone given much credence. Contacting AFT as a member under your own name is the strongest way possible to advance your cause whatever it may be.

That would carry much more weight had the chairman of the AFT bothered to post on here. But then we're not praaper fans.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:58 am

When impotence meets omnipotence the result is compliance.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Those of you who are members of the AFT should respond to the request for feedback.

Making your case here is fine but this is as far as it will go. If you want to actually influence the eventual decision then engage. If you do not and a policy position is reached that you disapprove of then you can't really complain about it.
Dear oh dear Frank. Not your finest hour. If that's how it is, I think I can live with it. And yes, I can complain about it if I wish.

By all means do.

The fact is that AFT is constantly challenged about consultation and being representative of its members. Well here it is consulting but there is no point in it even trying if nobody responds.

Posts here or elsewhere made by people using pseudonyms, such as myself, carry little weight given the obvious attempts made on various social media platforms by a small number of people using multiple identities to influence opinion.

So your posts here may or may not be read by anybody involved let alone given much credence. Contacting AFT as a member under your own name is the strongest way possible to advance your cause whatever it may be.

That would carry much more weight had the chairman of the AFT bothered to post on here. But then we're not praaper fans.

Hence my post earlier.

This thread was started by Tgwu and not a member of the AFT board or someone similar.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:50 pm

The AFT ain't no GAGWG that's for sure.
I'll make my opinions known.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Poor old Frank, covering for Bob. I would tell him to cover his own arse if it were me.
The return of the previous chair says all you need to know about AFT. Treading water and going nowhere, just aiming not to be locked out. Fine, if that's what they want, but just don't see the point.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:21 am

He'll be along soon to wish us happy new year.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:27 am

beesrus wrote:
Poor old Frank, covering for Bob. I would tell him to cover his own arse if it were me.
The return of the previous chair says all you need to know about AFT. Treading water and going nowhere, just aiming not to be locked out. Fine, if that's what they want, but just don't see the point.

Like a broken pencil.......................pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   

Back to top Go down

Chairman report
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: