HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chairman report

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

PostSubject: Chairman report   Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:31 pm

As you know, the Green Taverners have ambitious plans to replace the old Far Post Club with a new two storey building. The AFT Board fully support this initiative in principle, but are awaiting details of the GT’s business plan before consulting members as to whether we should invest in this project. We shall be putting up a surveymonkey poll in the next few days and emailing our membership to gather their views.

I say no to the above

http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2018/04/05/aft-chairmans-update-20-05-04-18/

Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:25 pm

If I were an AFT member, I wouldn't want to get involved with the GTs making a pasty. Not that a members' boozing emporium/jokathon event bar is a bad idea for football fans, it's traditional.

I personally think the AFT's focus should be on other matters, that is not to say that there shouldn't of course be a friendly cordial relationship with the taverners. They try to raise funds for what is frankly a private company, Nato whatever. Other fans' trusts across the country do something else..... if they can't actually effect the ownership of their club, they use their time to lobby their club to behave in a manner that is in the fans' interests first and foremost.
No need for a token investment in a limited company like the taverners, it dissipates energy, when you can just as easily wish them bon voyage with their venture.
It's not so long ago that an individual or two, suddenly out of the blue, without any vote, landed the AFT with a big bill for shirt sponsorship. I suggest they remember how easily they can be bounced.
When I saw the new make up of the AFT board, I was very encouraged with the new names, BUT, the pressure to conform with a particular way of operating at Argyle is big for reasons we all know. If I see a real desire to be a proper fans' trust, I'll take up a membership, but not before.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:25 pm

As a trust member I say no. Not what the trust should be about.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Definitely No from me as a trust member.

The trust should not be paying for things that the owners of the club should.

After the redecoration of the façade and the non invoice, I would have thought the trust would have learnt their lesson dealing with the GTs.

Maybe Not!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid
Back to top Go down
Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:13 pm

The only report i want is that Brent has gone.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

After the redecoration of the façade and the non invoice, I would have thought the trust would have learnt their lesson dealing with the GTs.

Maybe Not!

It is a worry Mouldy. Too eager to please the wrong people I would suggest. Maybe still some malign interest in there somewhere. I have never thought a philosophy such as a "Fans' Trust" could ever flourish succesfully in Plymouth in the way it has in, say, Sheffield. especially since the historical main internet fans online forum is in direct competition, and always has been.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Invest or contribute? Big difference.

Either way it's a no from me.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:42 pm

beesrus wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Maybe Not!

It is a worry Mouldy. Too eager to please the wrong people I would suggest. Maybe still some malign interest in there somewhere. I have never thought a philosophy such as a "Fans' Trust" could ever flourish succesfully in Plymouth in the way it has in, say, Sheffield. especially since the historical main internet fans online forum is in direct competition, and always has been.

Yes I agree.

Too eager to please.

Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 am

No.

And it’s not too late for the GTs to pull out and be honest about the reasons why.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 am

As a lapsed trust member i say no. I wouldn't touch the GT's with a bargepole after the paint debacle and the GT's should also get clear whilst they can. I think there has to be some sort of behind the scenes Omerta regarding Brents takeover still that makes them even want to consider such a venture.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 am

Absolutely not. The funds for a supporters bar are well within Brent's financial capabilities. Tight f*cker.

POI: Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the 'green' fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and you’re already dead! Laughing

All hail Brentimus, Maximus, Cuntasaurius Extremus.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 am

It’s worth remembering that they may not enjoy such a good relationship with the new CEO when he or she is appointed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 am

Apologies for repeating myself but....................if a fans' trust is to grow in membership and thereby influence, it has to be prepared to incur the wrath of club owners and their toadies, by making a stand when necessary. If that means being 'locked out', so be it. Clear battle lines will then by drawn and the wider fanbase reached and informed by any means possible.

If it fails, it fails.

Once the postman jumped ship for the directors' box, the trust became the opposition, has been marginalised and is totally impotent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Ive never been a Trust member, but happily would if I thought there was any chance of them actually taking on Brent and his cronies (GTs being one of them ).

No for me.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:43 pm

I note Tgwu started this thread and not a trust board member.

Going back to the recent bad old ways again?

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:21 pm

No
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:55 pm

The GT'S are fully supportive of Brent/Akkeron, so its a no from me.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Those of you who are members of the AFT should respond to the request for feedback.

Making your case here is fine but this is as far as it will go. If you want to actually influence the eventual decision then engage. If you do not and a policy position is reached that you disapprove of then you can't really complain about it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Those of you who are members of the AFT should respond to the request for feedback.

Making your case here is fine but this is as far as it will go. If you want to actually influence the eventual decision then engage. If you do not and a policy position is reached that you disapprove of then you can't really complain about it.

I  suppose that's pretty much the attitude the club takes regarding supporters and attending the fans' forum meetings...
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Dear oh dear Frank. Not your finest hour. If that's how it is, I think I can live with it. And yes, I can complain about it if I wish. Reach your constituency, or don't bother and forever tug that lock. The problem has never been procedure, it has been desire.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:22 pm

beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Dear oh dear Frank. Not your finest hour. If that's how it is, I think I can live with it. And yes, I can complain about it if I wish.

By all means do.

The fact is that AFT is constantly challenged about consultation and being representative of its members. Well here it is consulting but there is no point in it even trying if nobody responds.

Posts here or elsewhere made by people using pseudonyms, such as myself, carry little weight given the obvious attempts made on various social media platforms by a small number of people using multiple identities to influence opinion.

So your posts here may or may not be read by anybody involved let alone given much credence. Contacting AFT as a member under your own name is the strongest way possible to advance your cause whatever it may be.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Members, give your feedback as suggested. I will.

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:07 am

seadog wrote:
Members, give your feedback as suggested. I will.

Thank you.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't if you felt strongly either way.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:13 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Posts here or elsewhere made by people using pseudonyms, such as myself, carry little weight given the obvious attempts made on various social media platforms by a small number of people using multiple identities to influence opinion.

So your posts here may or may not be read by anybody involved let alone given much credence.

Hmmnn.. I wonder why the club opened up Block 19? Social media or did the AFT complain?

Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:52 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The fact is that AFT is constantly challenged about consultation and being representative of its members. Well here it is consulting but there is no point in it even trying if nobody responds.

So your posts here may or may not be read by anybody involved let alone given much credence. Contacting AFT as a member under your own name is the strongest way possible to advance your cause whatever it may be.

Here we go, the pasoti "real names" thing, you couldn't resist it. How about asking the club not to hide behind their own handles, their own pseudonyms of limited liability. Representation has always been a mix of the transparent and the opaque, that's how human interaction works on all levels, from family to nation state.  You want to do the naive thing and get led down a garden path, that's up to you. You want to do the New Labour thing, the New AFT revisionist thing, then carry on and see where it gets you, see the support you engender.
I put my thoughts here because I can, and because they certainly wouldn't see the light of day under the AFT banner. Why do you think after 6 long years, the AFT still struggle to get up a head of steam. I'll tell you why, because when push comes to shove, you back down under threat of lockout, and hand over what little energy has been given to you by fans. into a bottomless pit, with no return. And another year goes by. Sorry, not impressed. Better to have said nothing.
By all means ask for your members' opinion, but don't insult other fans while doing so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chairman report   

Back to top Go down

Chairman report
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: