+2
harvetheslayer
Tringreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Standing at the front of the terraces Empty
PostSubject: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 1:58 am

Anyone else remember gripping onto these railings as a kid ?

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/images/dailyphoto/apr09%5EThe%20Devonport%20End%20in%20the%20sixties.jpg
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 2:00 am

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/images/dailyphoto/apr09%5EThe%20Devonport%20End%20in%20the%20sixties.jpg
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 am

I remember flying over the top of them with Chelsea Headhunters in hot pursuit

(Edited that was the game Ray Wilkins ripped us to pieces)

Last edited by harvetheslayer on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 9:10 am

I remember steam from the Lyndhurst breeze block bogs in the winter.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 9:31 am

I used to stand in the Mayflower when I was a lad I'm pretty sure the railings went right around the ground. Used to get passed down the front if we weren't there early.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 am

What happened to the regular roof dwellers. There was always a few on the roof in big games.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 1:37 pm

I seem to remember someone falling through the roof? Did I dream it 'twas years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I seem to remember someone falling through the roof? Did I dream it 'twas years ago.

Not sure myself but happened to this hapless Wolves supporter years back at Scarborough.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/wolverhampton/2017/08/16/how-football-prank-still-haunts-me-to-this-day/
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Not sure myself but happened to this hapless Wolves supporter years back at Scarborough.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/wolverhampton/2017/08/16/how-football-prank-still-haunts-me-to-this-day/

Maybe that was it. One for the Darwin awards, nearly.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Merged both threads.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Think he died
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Tringreen wrote:

My dad who didn't like football took me to every home game. Good memories

Last edited by Elias on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sense check)
Back to top Go down
John1cup

John1cup

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Ha ha It’s Me, well half of me anyway bottom right half in shot, not sure what game it was but it must have been about 1967/8 with a school friend David Murray.
Happy days when you could walk around the terraces on all four sides of the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 am

Elias wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Think he died

He was alive enough last year to talk to the local press.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standing at the front of the terraces   Standing at the front of the terraces Empty

Back to top Go down

Standing at the front of the terraces
Page 1 of 1