harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 8:17 am

Still in the mix just about but the insanity of getting rid of Sokolik from an already wafer thin squad was evident yesterday......midfielder in Songo twinned with a loanee from BC at centre backs says it all
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 8:22 am

tigertony wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The parochiality today is strong. Can't look at free chat.........embarrassing.
Yet again more abuse from you to those who, may or may not support JB, go to games to support the team on the pitch. If all you can do is abuse then why bother posting? I'll guarantee you've checked out travel details to watch some games between now and the end of the season which will, of course, put some cash in JB's pocket. Laughing

In what way is using terms such as parochial and embarrassing "abusive"? Critical certainly, but equally certainly not as abusive as implying that someone is a "special needs "case for expressing an opinion contrary to your own.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Going to try again...don’t know what went wrong prior....

Great goal from nowhere for them straight off, we hit the post after pressure 5/10 mins later, only to go 2 down soon after and that was that really. Still felt we could get back if we got the next goal but never looked likely, particularly after half time.

The subs showed the paucity of our squad - Taylor-Sinclair for Songo’o said it all, compounded by bringing on Fletcher, who looked a bit DJM.

Not over yet but can’t see it.

That’s my view on it as well. We looked like the home side in the first half with all the territory and possession but we were trying to walk it into the goal. No shots on target. The substitutions showed that we have nothing in reserve and I think we are going to run out of steam.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 8:36 am

tigertony wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The parochiality today is strong. Can't look at free chat.........embarrassing.
Yet again more abuse from you to those who, may or may not support JB, go to games to support the team on the pitch. If all you can do is abuse then why bother posting? I'll guarantee you've checked out travel details to watch some games between now and the end of the season which will, of course, put some cash in JB's pocket. Laughing

Right on cue TT.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 9:14 am

One of those days, Lee Bowyer arranged a tactical masterclass, the Addicks on their game, Argyle 1 shot on target, limitations of squad exposed with very few striker options, two in form key players out.
All came together for a deserved Charlton win Akkeron Argo outwitted and outplayed on the day.
But then the Argo squad was not set up from day one with any promotion ambition in mind so well done Derek and the squad despite Brents lack of investment.

Last edited by akagreengull on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 10:22 am

Be interesting to see how far DA could take a team under a proper owner. We'll find out next season when he's snapped up in the summer.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 am

Bradley drops out and what a surprise, Argyle start shipping goals. Four in two games.
It all feels paper thin, which is hardly surprising given what was happenning earlier in the season.
A decent strengthening in January was required. It didn't happen.
Still, Scunthorpe beckons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] had a far superior day researching various hostelries in the Paignton,Mutant Abbot,Exeshitter area
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 10:48 am

Freathy wrote:
Be interesting to see how far DA could take a team under a proper owner.  We'll find out next season when he's snapped up in the summer.

BRENT OUT NOW

You forgot Purrington and Jervis, Sad Act.

Had to stop looking at free chat this morning. The Green behind the ears Army are in full and nauseatingly parochial flow. As long as they keep turning up, the bankers and their jamboys will keep on fleecing them. For 'we're on the up', read 'a few months of what could be' if the manager was backed with more of club income, instead of it being diverted 'elsewhere'.

This summer will be a defining moment for brent and the excuses have already been used before. This time, lack of funding would be criminal but there will still be enough poor saps buying into whatever is left of the playing side and 'keeping the faith'.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 11:10 am

It's all ticking over nicely Tring, Brent style. deadhorse
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 11:12 am

alannotivvy wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  had a far superior day researching various hostelries in the Paignton,Mutant Abbot,Exeshitter area

An excellent days research AL drunken laugh
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Be interesting to see how far DA could take a team under a proper owner.  We'll find out next season when he's snapped up in the summer.

BRENT OUT NOW

Cheers Ginge flower I'll update in the summer to also add Carey, Threlkeld, Bradley, Taylor, Sarcevic....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Did Ackkyron bring on the Jocko from the Jobcentre?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 5:29 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Did Ackkyron bring on the Jocko from the Jobcentre?

Paton came on in 71st minute and managed to get a yellow card in that time. geek
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 6:45 am

Still getting year on year progress at this rate well be in the prem by about 2050.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:16 am

Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Cheers Ginge  flower  I'll update in the summer to also add Carey, Threlkeld, Bradley, Taylor, Sarcevic....

Ha ha..............I believe that all of the squad except for Carey, are either out of contract or loanees. What a tinpot organisation, yet still the easily led 'keep the faith'.........blind,or at best, short sighted faith.
Any other city club's fans would be up in arms but ours have been well conditioned by his janner jamboys and assorted wannabes. Nauseatingly village.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 am

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Cheers Ginge  flower  I'll update in the summer to also add Carey, Threlkeld, Bradley, Taylor, Sarcevic....

Ha ha..............I believe that all of the squad except for Carey, are  either out of contract or loanees. What a tinpot organisation, yet still the easily led 'keep the faith'.........blind,or at best, short sighted faith.
Any other city club's fans would be up in arms but ours have been well conditioned by his janner jamboys and assorted wannabes. Nauseatingly village.

Yeah that "keep the faith" infests Freechat as you know Tringy......village to the core
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 5:23 pm

I was unfortunate enough to be in Row Y, so apart from having to stand up the whole game, I also couldn't see the goalmouth action - it wasn't until I was in the pub after the game that I realised we'd actually hit the post. The stewards moved a few elderly fans to the front as it was clear they couldn't stand all game.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 pm

Left after 70 minutes, it was obvious that we were going to get nothing from the game.
Nice day on the ale though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Ha ha..............I believe that all of the squad except for Carey, are  either out of contract or loanees. What a tinpot organisation, yet still the easily led 'keep the faith'.........blind,or at best, short sighted faith.

Has the:

"We can't renew contracts yet because we don't know what division we'll be playing in. We've set a budget to cover each scenario but obviously we don't want to be found short if we go up and we don't want to be lumbered with expensive contracts we can't afford if we do not."

... line been trotted out yet?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Or:

"Derek Adams knows the situation in terms of budget and renewing player contracts is up to him and him alone."
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Dingle wrote:
I was unfortunate enough to be in Row Y, so apart from having to stand up the whole game, I also couldn't see the goalmouth action - it wasn't until I was in the pub after the game that I realised we'd actually hit the post.  The stewards moved a few elderly fans to the front as it was clear they couldn't stand all game.  

What block was you in Dingle?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 8:34 pm

I thought the stewards were excellent.

They had to deal with a pissed gobby Argyle fan giving other fans shit because he felt they weren’t singing enough. The stewards spoke to him twice and shut him up for a while.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 pm

Can't remember which block but seat 104 and I've chucked my ticket away. Went to the Mitre pub after the game where there was an almighty Wild West-like fracas. Don't think it was footie related, though I did see a small group of Argyle fans in there before it all kicked off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction   Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle & Prediction
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3