The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford Empty
PostSubject: Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford   Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:25 am

Bowyer and Jackson to lead Charlton forward as Robinson leaves by mutual consent

The club would like to wish Karl Robinson the best of luck for the future and thank him for the hard work he put in during his time at Charlton.

Bowyer, Assistant Manager under Robinson, and Jackson, previously Player/Coach, will take today’s training session with the first team ahead of Saturday’s game at The Valley against play-off rivals Plymouth Argyle.

Director Richard Murray said: “I’d like to place on record our thanks to Karl Robinson who has worked tirelessly during his time at Charlton. The club and Karl came to an agreement that is best for everyone involved.

“We’re very grateful to Lee Bowyer and Johnnie Jackson for stepping forward in the club’s time of need. Lee has impressed everyone at The Valley since coming back to the club last year and Johnnie has Charlton running through his veins. Together they are the best people to lead the club through an important few weeks.”

Charlton sit just five points off the play-off places with a game in hand over sixth-placed Plymouth.

Bowyer said: “I’m very pleased to be given the opportunity to take this team forward. We have a talented squad of players and our focus has to be on winning games and giving ourselves the best opportunity to make the play-offs.”

Robinson, who joined the club on November 24th, 2016, said: “I’d like to thank the Charlton fans for their support during my time at the club. Moving on now was not an easy decision for anybody but it is what is best for the club and everyone involved. Bow and Jacko have been fantastic during my time here and I have no doubt I’m leaving the club in good hands.”

Bowyer is a former Charlton academy graduate and returned to The Valley at the beginning of 2017 as a member of Karl Robinson’s coaching staff. He was appointed Assistant Manager in the summer of 2017.

He made 58 appearances for Charlton, scoring 14 goals, before moving to Leeds United in 1996. Capped once by England’s senior team, Bowyer also represented West Ham United, Newcastle United and Birmingham City in the top flight, and Ipswich Town in the Championship.

Jackson, who captained Charlton to the League One title in 2012, has played 278 games for the club, scoring 55 goals. He began the transition into coaching when he was appointed Player/Coach by Robinson in the summer of 2017.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford   Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:39 am

The team will need to extra cautious now as the new manager boost could be in affect. Although i dont see what robinson did wrong to be forced out myself.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford   Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Angry wrote:
The team will need to extra cautious now as the new manager boost could be in affect. Although i dont see what robinson did wrong to be forced out myself.

Birmingham City syndrome innit. Prospective new Aussie owners want their man - Harry Kewell - in the hot seat.

Let’s hope it pans out the same way it did for Zola at City.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford   Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Robinson straight in at Oxford! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford   Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Karl Robinson appointed Oxford United manager hours after Charlton departure

Though Oxford are seven points and seven places off ninth-placed Charlton in the League One standings Robinson had grown frustrated as the takeover by an Australian consortium at the Valley had rumbled on, leaving him hamstrung in the transfer market.

“Oxford is a fantastic club and the new chairman is very ambitious to continue the great work that has been going on here over the last few years,” Robinson said.
“I have seen the plans for the new training ground, heard where the club sees itself going, and I have seen what a talented squad we already have here. My job now is to help those players get back to winning games regularly between now and the end of the season.”

A permanent replacement for Robinson is likely to be announced on the completion of Roland Duchatelet’s sale of the club, which could come as soon as next week after several months of minimal progress.

Oxford had been without a manager since late January, having parted company with Spaniard Pep Clote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford   Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 6:06 pm

Obviously tapping up is a thing of the past. The rools just aren't followed anymore. The industry is out to lunch. I'm waiting to see a player pulled off at half time, jetted up to their new club, just in time to come on as a last minute second half sub. Could add to the soap opera factor.
We're talking entertainment. I see Giggs was admirably quite candid when asked if the previously injured Bale would figure on the pitch for Wales in the  "China Cup", and whether media money would influence his decision to play him or not, given he's such a star down there. And hey, he scored a hat trick. Well, I never.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford   Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Sold out ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford   Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlton Manager News Gone to Oxford
Page 1 of 1