Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Czarcasm
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:20 am

Faaaack me, what a bad few days for Rovers.  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 am

Well we didn't see that one coming did, we?

Puts paid to any suggestion that Starnes was looking to wind down and retire too.

It would certainly be interesting to get the whole skinny on why he has quit because I get the feeling we haven't even scratched the surface on this one as yet.

Surely a period of gardening leave must be approaching for him. As club CEO he would be the one negotiating contracts for next season and be be intimately familiar with everything budgetary; we all know how keen Brent is to keep such details all secret squirrel so that our competitors don't gain a commercial advantage and so far as I can tell competition with Bristol Rovers sits extremely large on the vista. In fact there's a strong rumour that we played them as recently as only 2 days ago.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:33 am

I'd have loved to have seen his face at the final whistle on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:34 am

Wanted to be closer to his family, obvs raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:57 am

Nobody not evens Smarmes wants to stay at Brents Circus, Adams will be next.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:10 am

That's 3 directors down in short succession.

Which is very unusual.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:12 am

Without any inside information you'd get the impression that all is not well at the top table.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:12 am

Would love to see smarmy marty cough!!
His the only one that knows where jimmys buried the bodys...cant see that happening though the confidentality contract proberly more water tight than a ducks arse
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:22 am

And 2 lady NEDs join the board with no football experience whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:23 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Without any inside information you'd get the impression that all is not well at the top table.
to quote the great john wayne
Theres a rumbling going on in them hills pilgrim Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:25 am

Well, the other directors have seen the light, but not the one that matters. It would point to Hallett being very happy with what Brent is doing. No surprise given their mutual investment banking history. Birds of a feather
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 12:45 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Rats and sinking ships Suffers.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 1:56 pm

akagreengull wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Rats and sinking ships Suffers.
Seven years is not enough time for Jimmy and Community si, to be able to fight off Fleetwood for our players and Bristol Rovers for our CEO, what we need is seven more years seven more years. cheers cheers cheers cheers santa
Back to top Go down

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 3:16 pm

He'll only be 1.20mins to Gas as its the same journey as my son drives every day, he lives 3 miles from him.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 3:23 pm

beesrus wrote:
Well, the other directors have seen the light, but not the one that matters. It would point to Hallett being very happy with what Brent is doing. No surprise given their mutual investment banking history. Birds of a feather
steady now bees lol
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 4:07 pm

so whos dealing with the contracts come on cant be smarmes watch for all our decent lads pissing off to rovers then.
Back to top Go down

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 pm

I can only imagine the conversation that Starnes had with DA down the Dolphin on Saturday night.

Starnes: Ere, Dave, I'll feck off to Rovers first.
DA: Aye, that'll get the locals champing at the bit.

Starnes: I gotta go Dave, I can't work with that tight arse Brent anymore. He duz my fookin ed in mheet.
DA: Aye: How much more dosh for players will I get at Rovers?
Starnes: You're gonna think you've won the loddery mheet.
DA: Geddon. Give it 3-4 weeks and I'll announce I'm the new Rovers manager. Init!

DA: Is Newell going to get your job?
Starnes: Nah, Brent think he's a cnut, just like everyone else does.

DA: Right, I'm oota here. See you in Brizzle in a few weeks.
Starnes: Alright mhet.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Could be left to the twat that banned punchy the ex copper jon back aint he the secretary surely he would be involved in some way with player contracts
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 pm

"I have known Martyn for a long time and I am confident he will fit in perfectly at the club.

"He brings with him years of experience and professionalism and shares our vision of developing the academy and engaging the community."
Back to top Go down
Dingle

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Is that the same Martyn who shut down the academy at Yeovil?
Back to top Go down

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:20 pm

good riddance to him. If that fool at the gas wants to keep his club shit hiring him is the best move he could have made.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 12:13 am

Angry wrote:
good riddance to him. If that fool at the gas wants to keep his club shit hiring him is the best move he could have made.
This! Spot on. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 5:54 am

Les Miserable wrote:

It isn’t. That is why Starnes, Jones and Felwick have all left. And it’s all Mankover related.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

It isn’t. That is why Starnes, Jones and Felwick have all left. And it’s all Mankover related.

Correct and the first named because he bitterly objected to Brent "suggesting" at a board meeting that diverting funds from the refurb to get his ice rink project off the grounds was on the cards the week before last. Straight from the top
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smarmes to Rovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smarmes to Rovers   Smarmes to Rovers Empty

Back to top Go down

Smarmes to Rovers
Page 1 of 1