Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)

Go down 
+13
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
Rickler
PatDunne
tigertony
Tringreen
Czarcasm
Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
akagreengull
Tgwu
harvetheslayer
Jethro
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 10:35 am

Absolute classic there with the snivelling little shit Olliearsehole9 going to Wikepedia to look for some information to try and raise an argument, then getting it all wrong. Silly little boy.

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 2:45 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
There a reason for them to announced the stand being close and ST holders moving over with the start of season tickets sales. All the best seats over the other stands will be snapped up, so other fans will be concerned where they are going to be seated next season and my buy a ST.

Well i hope the club do their diligence good and not book the moanflower lot into seats that current season ticket holder operate despite their claims that they will. I have experience of them booking other people in my seat where i once sat cause they didnt check the occupied box when they booked a group into the rows i and others were sat in. We got told to move  lol.

It’s quite clear on the website that won’t happen, we’ll see

“Options will not include seats currently occupied by 2017-18 season-ticket holders but, if these subsequently become available, Mayflower migrants will be able switch during Moving Week in the summer”

i did read the exact same thing everyone else, however Nothing is straight forward from this club as my previous experience goes by concerning this matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Peggy will be along in a minute and tell us just how thoughtful this regime is when allocating and re-designating seating areas. Virtually no thought for the bum on the seat at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 3:55 pm

beesrus wrote:
Peggy will be along in a minute and tell us just how thoughtful this regime is when allocating and re-designating seating areas. Virtually no thought for the bum on the seat at all.

oh yeah i forgot all about that invasion if blocks 3-4 by plebbs ultras, That more than proves the club cant be trusted when it comes to allocating seats already engaged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Look out for some more stadium bans in the coming fixtures, to make the Prime seats available to the Grandstand Dwellers!

On a different note, i'm betting that a certain joint forum owner will go into the Devonport. Be too scared to come into the Lyndhurst! laugh :pighug:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 5:29 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Look out for some more stadium bans in the coming fixtures, to make the Prime seats available to the Grandstand Dwellers!

On a different note, i'm betting that a certain joint forum owner will go into the Devonport. Be too scared to come into the Lyndhurst! laugh :pighug:

Where will the new directors box be i wonder? thats where this hanger on will be.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Absolute classic there with the snivelling little shit  Olliearsehole9 going to Wikepedia to look for some information to try and raise an argument, then getting it all wrong. Silly little boy.

cheers lol!
Olliearsehole is the standout bumlicker in a world class field, Knobber sure knows how to pick em!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Where will the new directors box be i wonder? thats where this hanger on will be.

Zoo Corner seems like the best place for the animals
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
They do sell Block 15 and 16 when other blocks are full (but not on line) Like someone said on another site, why did they not move the Mayflower ST holders into these blocks? Where are Brent and his fellow men going to move to?

Surely the entire horseshoe has to be available for next season with just 4 lines for seg. If Wembley can do it for Spurs surely to god our lot can organise it

I think it was once mentioned that 'police charges'would increase. No doubt the reluctant one will have his calculator at the ready. However, should there be an exodus of players this summer and even worse, DA cashing in on his raised profile, capacity should not be a problem. But you never know with janners. It takes a long time for the penny to drop and most have been conditioned to 'just support'.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 11:35 pm

Tringreen wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
They do sell Block 15 and 16 when other blocks are full (but not on line) Like someone said on another site, why did they not move the Mayflower ST holders into these blocks? Where are Brent and his fellow men going to move to?

Surely the entire horseshoe has to be available for next season with just 4 lines for seg. If Wembley can do it for Spurs surely to god our lot can organise it

I think it was once mentioned that 'police charges'would increase. No doubt the reluctant one will have his calculator at the ready. However, should there be an exodus of players this summer and even worse, DA cashing in on his raised profile, capacity should not be a problem. But you never know with janners. It takes a long time for the penny to drop and most have been conditioned to 'just support'.
Why do you continually discriminate against ''janners''? Do you really think you are something special or superior? I doubt you are but I'll guarantee you'll be at Wembley if we get there to ''meet old friends'' What pollocks!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 pm

I myself use the term 'Janner' in a derogatory manner.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 1:26 am

PatDunne wrote:

Me too. Isn't it just a Plymouth word for Wurzel?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 am

Because Janners have a tendency to accept mediocrity. In general the city is dazzled by the man from the “big house” and mistrusts those “up the line”. Brent wouldn’t be such a big cheese in any other city of this size.

A city the size of Plymouth should have a long track record of success, yet it is the largest city never to have had a top flight football club, no airport, no John Lewis FFS, no motorway and is at risk of being cut off from the railway network. It has a poor record of contributing to the arts, with no bands to speak of and Judi Spiers still managing to sneak into lists of “famous people from ‘Muff”.

Only Plymouth could spend so much time celebrating a boat that actually left the place 400 years ago.

It has a beautiful vista and is the gateway to some of the most stunning countryside the world has to offer, but it has a tendency to allow stuff to happen to it, rather than making things happen. Modern day Poldark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:31 am

It appears that Meetoo from the Farm is joining the Block 14 brigade. Hope he knows what he's signing himself up to! afro laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:39 am

Rickler wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Me too.  Isn't it just a Plymouth word for Wurzel?

I often use the word Plymouth in a derogatory manner.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 8:22 am

I often use the name Brent in a derogatory manner.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 12:58 am

akagreengull wrote:
I often use the name Brent in a derogatory manner.

Only a matter of time until our talented artist here produces Shithouse paper with Brents boat race adorning every sheet in glorious colour popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Because Janners have a tendency to accept mediocrity. In general the city is dazzled by the man from the “big house” and mistrusts those “up the line”. Brent wouldn’t be such a big cheese in any other city of this size.

A city the size of Plymouth should have a long track record of success, yet it is the largest city never to have had a top flight football club, no airport, no John Lewis FFS, no motorway and is at risk of being cut off from the railway network. It has a poor record of contributing to the arts, with no bands to speak of and Judi Spiers still managing to sneak into lists of “famous people from ‘Muff”.

Only Plymouth could spend so much time celebrating a boat that actually left the place 400 years ago.

It has a beautiful vista and is the gateway to some of the most stunning countryside the world has to offer, but it has a tendency to allow stuff to happen to it, rather than making things happen. Modern day Poldark.

I'm not having that.

I'm a Janner and have no intention at all of accepting mediocrity.

We did have an airport but it was inadequate.

Mistrusting those from up the line? Not me although I do think Westminster treats us (meaning Devon and Cornwall) with what amounts to contempt particularly with regard to the motorway and rail connection.

Judi Spiers is from Exeter and what is so great about John Lewis?

I also suspect there's rather more famous Plymothians than we might think. Off the top of my head: Tom Daley, Dawn French, Charles Dance, Donald Sinden, Michael Foot, Nancy Astor, Beryl Cook, Robert Lenkiewicz (bit dodgy that one but he became ours), Scott of the Antarctic, Wayne Sleep, Angela Rippon, Trevor Francis... and there must be others that don't immediately spring to mind.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 1:36 am

... like Sir Francis Drake!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Although he was born in Surrey Alex Stepney went to Public School in Cobourg st. Steve Tinney the sports master used to never stop talking about him
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 7:04 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

I'm not having that.

Mistrusting those from up the line? Not me although I do think Westminster treats us (meaning Devon and Cornwall) with what amounts to contempt particularly with regard to the motorway and rail connection.

I also suspect there's rather more famous Plymothians than we might think. Off the top of my head: Tom Daley, Dawn French, Charles Dance, Donald Sinden, Michael Foot, Nancy Astor, Beryl Cook, Robert Lenkiewicz (bit dodgy that one but he became ours), Scott of the Antarctic, Wayne Sleep, Angela Rippon, Trevor Francis... and there must be others that don't immediately spring to mind.

William Bligh
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 7:47 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

I'm not having that.

I’m sure there was once a Janner bird who got her tits onto Page3 of the Sun.

Oh and that hairdresser maid who made it to about week 4 in The Apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 7:50 am

Freathy wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

I'm not having that.

William Bligh

Stanley Gibbons, William Cookworthy,William Elford Leach MD, Isaac Foot,Lewis Pugh, Kate Nesbitt
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 8:20 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Tavvy bhey surely?

Anyway, Ian Ward and John Childs played test cricket for England,Ron Goodwin composed a lot of well known stuff including the music for 633 Squadron and Where eagles dare.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 8:23 am

I am from Plymouth but I'm not a Janner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)   Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big News Sunday (Mayflower to close for 2018/19 season)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next