Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We are not alone (new leeds badge)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

We are not alone (new leeds badge) Empty
PostSubject: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-news/22925/a-new-era-for-leeds-united-introducing-our-new-crest-from-2018-19

They must have taken a leaf out of Brent's book on consulting fans lmao. No real fan unless they are club arse kissers  much like with the clusterfucks would ever agree on that badge utter bollocks.

We are not alone (new leeds badge) Z
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Strong in arm, thick in ead - Yorkshire born 'n bred!!
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 4:09 pm

This is a joke, right?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 4:58 pm

No it is genuine.

it has something of a Mussolini feel to it... Or is that just me?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Nope, it isn't just you. It has a half Nazi salute feel to it. Why am I not surprised ? I even checked out some old wartime videos to check the twitch I was getting.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 5:46 pm

Seen multiple news items on this today. None of which try and link it to a fascist salute. Some people are far too enthusiastic about seeking out offence.

There is a reaction from a lot of Leeds fans...but that reaction is that it is simply crap.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Oh I'm not offended by it. Not in the least. I also agree that it is simply naff.

The first thing that sprang to mind was that it lines up with the fad for badge kissing and that's pretty naff, too. The second was heartburn with the third being Mussolini.

I can't help but think that clubs miss an easy PR coup with this sort of thing. Firstly consult about whether a badge change is going to be popular then, if it is, throw it open for supporters to submit suggestions (we have fans who design kits for fun and Leeds has far more supporters than we do so they're sure to get loads) and from there draw up a shortlist omitting anything that might be inappropriate for whatever reason and holding some sort of Badge Idol to choose a winner.

Leeds would get a new, popular, free badge; nobody could complain about lack of consultation; everybody is happy.

Instead of which they do this, piss everybody off and end up with a monstrosity that makes them a laughing stock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 6:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Seen multiple news items on this today. None of which try and link it to a fascist salute. Some people are far too enthusiastic about seeking out offence.

There is a reaction from a lot of Leeds fans...but that reaction is that it is simply crap.

Do you think this club is unfortunate to have a unsavoury people like nool and plebb who claim to be speaking on behalf of fans to their owner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 pm

I remember studying heraldry in A level art. Fascinating subject, if rather boring to actually paint.
Flags, badges, brands, colours, coat of arms. I like unicorns myself.
In one sense, it's a pity ephemeral fancies are so popular these days at the whim of the latest squire, but just maybe more true to real life. Perhaps clubs could have a separate home and away badge,. A bit of velcro on yer blazer and when the cat's away, see what's cooking.

Last edited by beesrus on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Seen multiple news items on this today. None of which try and link it to a fascist salute.

We are not alone (new leeds badge) Norwegian-terrorist-anders-breivik-you-should-release-me-or-execute-me-the-21-year-max-sentence-is-pathetic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
No it is genuine.

it has something of a Mussolini feel to it... Or is that just me?

It looks like a man checking his watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Do you think this club is unfortunate to have a unsavoury people like nool and plebb who claim to be speaking on behalf of fans to their owner?
And there was me thinking King Troll was Football Advisor to the Board popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 pm

The arm across the chest is a classic Leeds signal used by the fans.I've had the pleasure of going to Elland Road a few times with the Cornwall Whites lads. Once seen, not forgotten.
It's a bit like cardiff and their ayatollah.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 7:27 am

BBC1 wrote:
The arm across the chest is a classic Leeds signal used by the fans.I've had the pleasure of going to Elland Road a few times with the Cornwall Whites lads. Once seen, not forgotten.

True. But the professionally offended WILL find offence. It’s what they do.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 9:00 am

I found offence with the Leeds behaviour in 1973 at Elland Road in the FA CUP. Not a pleasant bunch. I have no idea what the streets of Leeds are like now.
I'm not "offended" now. While Semper Fidelis unavoidably has a place for me, I'm just not a fan of kissing shirts, saluting of any kind anywhere, martial music, anything vaguely military, , hakas, growling and generally doing the king of the jungle routine. Just not my scene. Play the sport of football and leave the barrack room chest puffing to those paid to do so. It's all a bit Forza Nerde
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 11:23 am

Czarcasm wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

True. But the professionally offended WILL find offence. It’s what they do.

The Leeds mates on my FB were all supportive of the meaning behind the badge design, but did wonder just who the hell were Consulted on it and acted as fans representatives, or the voice of the fans so to speak.
That sounds very familiar! popcorn Pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 11:34 am

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

what does he know about football lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

what does he know about football lol
He posted it on the Farm a couple of weeks ago, fishing (or Trolling) for a comeback.
Nobody bit.
He must have been gutted.
Although as I've seen it and mentioned on here. i'm sure it will get back to him so that a warm glow will come over him (much like the time he was caught short on the 10th green at China Fleet) lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are not alone (new leeds badge)   We are not alone (new leeds badge) Empty

Back to top Go down

We are not alone (new leeds badge)
Page 1 of 1